PDA

View Full Version : We need your support

Responsible Dog Owners
06-21-2009, 12:36 PM
We need you to send e-mails to all of our AAC members and our District 4 Supervisors indicating the desire FOR a dog park in Marion County. It seems that the only e-mails our AAC members and District 4 Supervisors are receiving are from those folks who DO NOT WANT A DOG PARK in Marion County. We'd also like to see support for a dog park in
Sumter County. Instructions are at the bottom of this notice.

I was under the misinformed assumption that a "spokesperson", that being me, for dog owners would be the voice to be heard. Apparently these two Boards require endless e-mails to be written, to voice our collective request. Please send this request to your e-mail address book so that we can be heard!

Most importantly your presence at the next AAC meeting, July 8th, 1:30, at Savannah Center and the District 4 meeting, July 10th, 1:30 at the District Offices, under the water tower near Laurel Manor Rec Center, would be very helpful.

We will also be scheduling an Open Forum at the Mulberry Grove Rec Center sometime in July, to discuss with all residents, the interest in having a dog park in Marion County. You don't have to be a resident of Marion County to attend. We'd also like to see support for a dog park in Sumter County.

Plans are for the dog park to be built to, well above, the standards that we are all accustomed to in The Villages. Your presence at the Open Forum will educate you as to our plan.

Thank you.

Your Friend & Neighbor
Karen
750-1627
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please copy and paste the following addresses in the "To:" portion of your e-mail program.

Carl.Bell@districtgov.org; Eldon.Sheldon@districtgov.org; Gary.moyer@districtgov.org; Janet.Tutt@districtgov.org; John.Rohan@districtgov.org; John.Wilcox@districtgov.org; Marty.Rothbard@districtgov.org; jim.murphy@districtgov.org; paul.kelly@districtgov.org; rich.lambrecht@districtgov.org; chuck.kazlo@districtgov.org; don.deakin@districtgov.org

Then cut and paste the following message in the body of your e-mail and send.

I am in favor of more dog parks in The Villages. At least one in Marion County and one in Sumter County.

zcaveman
06-21-2009, 01:52 PM
But what if we are not in favor of a dog park in Marion county? I have heard about the noise problems with barking dogs at some of the dog parks in other areas. I am not in favor of barking dogs when I am playing golf at Briarwood, Walnut Grove or Nancy/Lopez/Errin Glenn. I am not in favor of barking dogs and cart problems when walking the Springdale walking path. We already have a problem with noise from the new electrical transformer in the SECO area.

My dog passed away last year but I would have had no desire to take him over to a dog park and let him run loose. What about aggressive dogs and fleas and other diseases that dogs might carry? Why would you want your animals to catch them?

This is not only me. I know lots of others that feel this way.

I would really hate to see your note generate bunches of bogus letters to the AAC and District four representatives and Tutt and Moyer from people that don't even have dogs and want to support your stance.

duffysmom
06-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I for one support a dog park in Sumpter as well as Marion. zcaveman, what would make you think that there would be bogus emails? If someone does not wish to have a dog park they too can send emails expressing their objection. :shrug:

zcaveman
06-21-2009, 09:29 PM
There are people that would vote yes to a dog park just to support the cause whether they have a dog or not.

iaudit
06-21-2009, 10:42 PM
No mention is made where the funding for this dog park will come from. Are you expecting the developer to donate land or to have our amenity fees used to purchase property? Who is going to maintain the property and clean up afterwards? Again, who will be responsible for paying the bills?

Barefoot
06-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Karen, I will certainly send an e-mail to these people in support of dog parks.

We cheerfully pay our monthly amenities supporting golf, pickle ball, tennis, rec centre activities, etc., etc. Even though we don't do any of these activities; I have no problem at all with The Developer funding things that many people enjoy.

And hopefully most residents will support the minimal funding necessary for fencing off dog parks. (Which will be much, much less than even one golf course!!)

Someone asked who will clean up the dog parks. In most dog parks, the owners clean up after their dogs. A positive aspect for non-dog owners ... the provision of dog parks will hopefully keep dogs off people's lawns and away from postal areas.

katezbox
06-22-2009, 07:44 AM
... but I understand where Zcave is coming from.

I hope that those of you that support a dog park, write or email as requested. I think it is important to not be silent on an issue that affects you personally.

Conversely, if you are opposed, I hope you will exercise your freedom to communicate the opposite.

One "ask" I have on both sides, is to be aware of what you are/aren't supporting. The rumor mill in TV is alive and well. Get the facts, bot the rumors. (enough soap box from me)

k

Responsible Dog Owners
06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Thank you all for the very healthy dialogue regardiing dog parks. To answer a few questions:

Funding of Property: The properties in question are already owned by VCCDD. The properties in question do not impact residents' peace, quiet, tranquility, lifestyle or value of their property.

Maintenance: The properties will be monitored by the residents using the property. Hence, the name Responsible Dog Owners. Each resident will be issued an "Ambassador Guidelines" package guiding them as to what to look for, what to suggest to participants as it relates to caring for the park, and obiding by the leash laws of Marion and Sumter Counties. Trash will be picked up from trash recepticles as they are picked up at amenity areas.

Hours of Operation: The parks will be open in the morning and then again in the evening, to be closed at dusk. Closed during the mid-day. The parks will be irrigated to maintain heathly ground base.

Gate Lockage: The parks will be locked by the Recreational Center employees as they make their rounds to lock other amenity areas, i.e. pools.

If you have more questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Karen

F16 1UB
06-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Thank you for providing your input on this issue. It is important that AAC members also hear from those who support proposals rather than just those who are against.

Thanks,
Rich Lambrecht

Bogie Shooter
06-23-2009, 08:25 AM
... the provision of dog parks will hopefully keep dogs off people's lawns and away from postal areas.
Does this mean that everytime a dog has to do his business he would be taken to the dog park? I doubt that.

texasfal
06-23-2009, 09:12 AM
This is all fine and good unless your house that you paid big bucks for to be on the golf course is now going to look out on the dog park.

KayakerNC
06-23-2009, 09:31 AM
This is all fine and good unless your house that you paid big bucks for to be on the golf course is now going to look out on the dog park.

:agree: I would prefer to NOT have Train Tracks, Sewer Plants, and/or Dog Parks in my back yard. (NIMBY)

zcaveman
06-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I am not sure if you are aware of the Talk Of The Villages (TOTV) site, but it is a wealth of information and views of those that are members. I do realize it is only a small contingent of the Villages but these members here are sometimes vocal and have interesting input for the various subjects that we discuss.

This topic is a plea to support the dog park in Springdale.

Here is the site: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22684

I for one am against it as you will see in my post if you visit the site.

I am just sending this to you to let you see what some of us are feeling.

Besides the barking and the noise factor, I am not sure that people will actually clean up after the dogs. also, where will everyone park? The traffic on the Springdale walking trail will increase and those that bring their dogs over in cars will use the parking places for the Springdale pool and mail stop.

Also, who will be out there to verify the shot records of the dogs? If I remember from the various articles in the Daily Sun, the dogs need all of their shots including the bordello cough shot. What happens when a dog gets sick? Can the owner sue the Villages for a lack of control?

katezbox
06-23-2009, 09:06 PM

Like I said about the rumors... how could a home on a golf course now be looking at the dog park? Please explain how this is not mutually exclusive. :confused::confused:

Zcave,

Thank you for honest, open dialogue on this. While I agree with Bare and F16, I think hearing viewpoints that we don't agree with is important to be sure we find a fair solution.

Kate

beartrack
06-23-2009, 10:07 PM
I am a dog lover and a dog owner. I am currently in the process of buying a home in the Springdale area. The last thing that I want to see is a dog park near my home. I really think that dog parks are more for the entertainment of the owners, not the dogs. All my dog ever got out of going to a dog park, is a bath. If I asked my dog if she would like to go to a dog park and then have a bath, she would say, no thanks, I'll just stay at home and play with you.

zcaveman
06-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Simple question. In my 50 years of dogs I have never heard of a dog park. Where did these originate? And who bought their dogs to them?

I have had at least eight dogs (small and large - mostly large) and have always kept them in their own yard. They always got along together. When my brother-in-law brought his dog over, I asked him to please keep him away from my dogs since they did not like strange dogs.

When I moved here, the neighbor down the street put in an invisible fence. When me and Bart walked past the house and we were on the other side of the street, these two dogs went through the invisible fence and attacked Bart. I dragged him away so he would not harm these dogs. I really wanted to drop kick these dog back into their yard for attacking him ... but I didn't.

What is to prevent these dogs running around without a leash from doing this to other dogs? The little yippers and yappers are the worst of the bunch for attacking other dogs. I would not want to have to be on the alert for dog fights.

And if any of you think that these dogs are wrestling with each other, I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

What is the appeal of a dog park?

Please enlighten me.

Z

Muncle
06-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Simple question. In my 50 years of dogs I have never heard of a dog park. Where did these originate?

Z

From the same place and from the same people who brought us "play dates" for small children.

`

Barefoot
06-23-2009, 11:13 PM
What is the appeal of a dog park? Please enlighten me. Z

When you have young children, it is fun to take them to the playground and watch them playing and enjoying their friends.

I know, I know, dogs aren't children. But it is fun to take our fur babies to the dog park and watch them playing and enjoying their friends.

Bogie Shooter
06-24-2009, 06:17 AM
when you have young children, it is fun to take them to the playground and watch them playing and enjoying their friends.

I know, i know, dogs aren't children. But it is fun to take our fur babies to the dog park and watch them playing and enjoying their friends.
omg!

Barefoot
06-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Does this mean that everytime a dog has to do his business he would be taken to the dog park? I doubt that.

I doubt that also. Of course every single dog won't be taken to a dog park daily .. no matter how conveniently placed the dog parks are.

Hopefully dogs primarily do their "business" on their own properties. However I've noticed that many people now use their local postal station as a dog parkette. I think the provision of dog parks would improve that situation.

Talk Host
06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Just like petitions, email campaigns don't work. The decision makers are not swayed by a flood of emails or signatures on a petition. If 175 emails are received in favor, does that automatically presume a majority? No! Lots of effort is put into such campaigns and the net result is, more often than not, no significant sway with the decision makers.

For example, we have nearly 9,000 registered members of this forum. If we received 2,000 emails asking that the color be changed, should be change it?

nONIE
06-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Dogs, like people, need plenty of exercise to maintain good health. I feel that dog parks gives them the opportunity to run and play off leash which is so much healthier then just a little walk on a leash. The majority of yards in the Villages are very small or non existant. There are no fences except in a courtyard villa, and therefore the majority of our canines do not get the opportunity to get the exercise that they need., thus we have a community of fat lazy dogs.

I also think that its a very good selling point to have recreational facilities for pets in The Villages in view of the fact that so many villagers and wannabees do have dogs.

The Great Fumar
06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
dogparks ????
We don need no stinken dog parks !!!!!!!!

nONIE
06-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Fumar, CALM DOWN! YOUR GONNA HAVE A STROKE!

I sure dont want that on my concience!:rolleyes::

The Great Fumar
06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
fumar, calm down! Your gonna have a stroke!

I sure dont want that on my concience!:rolleyes::

nonie
we all know that you don't have a concience !!!!!

Fume

JeanneBeannie
06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Dogs, like people, need plenty of exercise to maintain good health. I feel that dog parks gives them the opportunity to run and play off leash which is so much healthier then just a little walk on a leash. The majority of yards in the Villages are very small or non existant. There are no fences except in a courtyard villa, and therefore the majority of our canines do not get the opportunity to get the exercise that they need., thus we have a community of fat lazy dogs.

I also think that its a very good selling point to have recreational facilities for pets in The Villages in view of the fact that so many villagers and wannabees do have dogs.

I couldnt agree with you more!! Our doggies do need to exercise for their good health and fun. And you are also right...it is a great selling point for TV. That was my number one priority when deciding where to retire.

As for The "Great" Fumar, maybe a good post would be to have a fenced in area for "great" people as yourself to run around and let out your frustrations and get it out of your system, rather than take it out on others!! :cus:

The Great Fumar
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I couldnt agree with you more!! Our doggies do need to exercise for their good health and fun. And you are also right...it is a great selling point for TV. That was my number one priority when deciding where to retire.

As for The "Great" Fumar, maybe a good post would be to have a fenced in area for "great" people as yourself to run around and let out your frustrations and get it out of your system, rather than take it out on others!! :cus:

Actually we do have do have an underground fence . My wife had it put in when she found I was tunneling out late last year......When she asked where I was going , I told her that I was going to Crisper's for a " talk of the Village " lunch......So she checked the pictures online and I wasn't there so now I'm in real hot water , Tried to tell her that I was in drag and that Chels24 was me but she said I had more Grey hair than that.......So Welcome to my life (what there is of it) I get out the middle of next month...

woe is me fumar

nONIE
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh poop Fumar! So now everyones telling me your just a big kidder/kid and that I shouldnt take you seriously. Sorry I got a little bent out of shape.;)

The Great Fumar
06-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh poop Fumar! So now everyones telling me your just a big kidder/kid and that I shouldnt take you seriously. Sorry I got a little bent out of shape.;)

NONIE
Did you say POOP , Look how quick you got us back to talking about dog parks again...Have you no shame.......:jester:

poopless fumar

nONIE
06-30-2009, 09:50 PM
NONIE
Did you say POOP , Look how quick you got us back to talking about dog parks again...Have you no shame.......:jester:

poopless fumar

I guess I dont! Working at an animal shelter every day Its about the only thing on my mind most of the day!

Ill try to stay as far away from the subject as possible! LOL

Barefoot
06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
We need you to send e-mails to all of our AAC members and our District 4 Supervisors indicating the desire FOR a dog park in Marion County. It seems that the only e-mails our AAC members and District 4 Supervisors are receiving are from those folks who DO NOT WANT A DOG PARK in Marion County. We'd also like to see support for a dog park in Sumter County. Instructions are at the bottom of this notice.

Please copy and paste the following addresses in the "To:" portion of your e-mail program.

Carl.Bell@districtgov.org; Eldon.Sheldon@districtgov.org; Gary.moyer@districtgov.org; Janet.Tutt@districtgov.org; John.Rohan@districtgov.org; John.Wilcox@districtgov.org; Marty.Rothbard@districtgov.org; jim.murphy@districtgov.org; paul.kelly@districtgov.org; rich.lambrecht@districtgov.org; chuck.kazlo@districtgov.org; don.deakin@districtgov.org

Then cut and paste the following message in the body of your e-mail and send. I am in favor of more dog parks in The Villages. At least one in Marion County and one in Sumter County.

Just a reminder of the intent of the thread. :bowdown:

JeanneBeannie
07-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Actually we do have do have an underground fence . My wife had it put in when she found I was tunneling out late last year......When she asked where I was going , I told her that I was going to Crisper's for a " talk of the Village " lunch......So she checked the pictures online and I wasn't there so now I'm in real hot water , Tried to tell her that I was in drag and that Chels24 was me but she said I had more Grey hair than that.......So Welcome to my life (what there is of it) I get out the middle of next month...

woe is me fumar

That answer was hysterical...very clever lol! I guess your wife has her hands full lol. I too have learned that you are just a kidder/kid and teasing all of us doggie lovers. I apologize for jumping the gun.
Okie Jeanne....back to the original post at hand...sorry.

chelsea24
07-01-2009, 07:37 AM
That answer was hysterical...very clever lol! I guess your wife has her hands full lol. I too have learned that you are just a kidder/kid and teasing all of us doggie lovers. I apologize for jumping the gun.
Okie Jeanne....back to the original post at hand...sorry.

Jeannie! Never, ever use the name Fumar and the word clever in the same sentence! Hahaha! It's just apples and oranges!

Fumar! Back in your cage or I'll get out that little whip with the tickle fringe end! :laugh: Oh wait! That's the one you like! Never mind. :girlneener:

OK, Ms. Foot! Back to le subject! Excusez-moi!

Responsible Dog Owners
07-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Friends and Neighbors :eclipsee_gold_cup:,

Thank you all for your support, e-mails and presence at today's AAC meeting. It's been a long time coming and I can now officially announce that we will have a facility named: THE SPRINGDALE DOG PARK in the next few months.

At this time there will be no need to attend the District 4 meeting on Friday, July 10th. I do not know if a Public Forum is still in the future. I will let you all know when I know.

Again thank you all for your support,

Karen :crap2:

katezbox
07-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Friends and Neighbors :eclipsee_gold_cup:,

Thank you all for your support, e-mails and presence at today's AAC meeting. It's been a long time coming and I can now officially announce that we will have a facility named: THE SPRINGDALE DOG PARK in the next few months.

At this time there will be no need to attend the District 4 meeting on Friday, July 10th. I do not know if a Public Forum is still in the future. I will let you all know when I know.

Again thank you all for your support,

Karen :crap2:

Hi Karen,

Where will it be located? Any other details you can share?

Barefoot
07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
It's been a long time coming and I can now officially announce that we will have a facility named: THE SPRINGDALE DOG PARK in the next few months. Karen

Karen, that is very good news. :pepper2: I assume it is in the area of Buena Vista and Springdale Walking Trail?

Thanks for all your efforts. :bowdown:

Responsible Dog Owners
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
The Springdale Dog Park will be located on the property in front of the SECO area. It will be back approx. 45 yards from the walking trail, so not to impact walkers, bikers or golf carts. It will be approx. 3 1/2 football fields away from the closest home on Grassmere in Springdale. It will be fenced on all four sides with a 5 ft. green chain link fence and tall landscaping shrubbery around three sides. The back side will house the double entry gates to both the large and small dog areas and there will be ample parking for a maximum of 45 golf carts. There will be a 30' paved path to the rear of the park for golf cart access and there will be handicap spaces. Each parking space will be approximately 5x10 ft. More information to follow as we move forward. Thank you all for your support. The park will be a facility both non-dog owners and dog owners will be proud of.

beady
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
That is wonderful news....I am so glad to have a facility such as this in TV. I am presently without a pooch but that will be resolved in the late fall and I can't wait to use the park.:2excited:
Plus, I can become a memeber of this wonderful organization that worked so hard to make the dog park a reality.

katezbox
07-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Thank you Karen. Your hard work has paid off for all of us.

Taltarzac
07-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I worried about the safety of the dogs who have owners who meet on the SECO property near the Springdale Fitness Trail as some of the gold carts going by there travel at a high speed for a golf cart.

zcaveman
07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
The Springdale Dog Park will be located on the property in front of the SECO area. It will be back approx. 45 yards from the walking trail, so not to impact walkers, bikers or golf carts. It will be approx. 3 1/2 football fields away from the closest home on Grassmere in Springdale. It will be fenced on all four sides with a 5 ft. green chain link fence and tall landscaping shrubbery around three sides. The back side will house the double entry gates to both the large and small dog areas and there will be ample parking for a maximum of 45 golf carts. There will be a 30' paved path to the rear of the park for golf cart access and there will be handicap spaces. Each parking space will be approximately 5x10 ft. More information to follow as we move forward. Thank you all for your support. The park will be a facility both non-dog owners and dog owners will be proud of.

Just out of curiosity, what animal vaccinations will be required to use the dog park? Who will verify these records?

Responsible Dog Owners
07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Thank you for inquiring about pet vaccinations. It is a Florida State Law that each pet be licensed in the County where they reside. This licensing can occur at the Humane Societies of Lake, Marion or Sumter Counties; the Animal Services of Lake, Marion or Sumter Counties; or at your local verterinarian. The process is innoculating your pets annually for Rabies, Bordetella, DHLP, and Parvo/Corona Virus. A yearly heartworm test occult and fecal exam are also suggested. You have probably received such shots and/or llicensing from your previous residence. At the time this license expires you should visit a vet.

There are some vaccines that are suppose to last three years. I have concerns about these vacines' value after two years. These choices are strictly up to the owner.

Upon receiving the tests and vaccines, your vet will give you a license tag to be attached to your pet's collar along with an identification tag that you can make at Walmart or order thru mail services. You will also receive a paper receipt for the license that you should keep in a safe place.

Pet i.d. chips are an excellent form of identifying your pet and of course there is The Villages Petfinder/Cutter Alert Program.

Your pets' tags will be checked upon entry to any of The Villages Dog Parks. RDOG AND RDOG2 will be distributing "AMBASSADOR GUIDELINES" to all dog owners who plan to use The Villages Dog Parks. You can contact responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com for a copy. If you have any other questions, please post.

zcaveman
07-12-2009, 07:54 PM
My understanding is that the license tag is only for rabies. I would like to hope that all dogs have the distemper shots and bordello cough shot/vapor before they are allowed to mingle with the other dogs.

The piece of paper from the vet has the record of all of the shots and is the defining entity.

beady
09-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Just wondering if there is a date for the opening of the new Springdale dog park.
I have just adopted a 1 year old English Cocker Spaniel and she and I are looking forward to accessing the park.
I will be attending the meeting tonight at Mulberry Grove Rec center...perhaps they will answer my question.

zcaveman
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
From our CCD4 E-notes:

Dog Park is becoming a reality

The Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) and the Villages Center Community Development (VCCD) has given approval for the building of a dog park in the Springdale/Woodbury area of CDD4 on VCCD property, and included the necessary funding for the construction the facility in the 2009-2010 budget which begins October 1. It has tentatively been named the Mulberry Dog Park.

Hope this helps.

Z

Taltarzac
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
My dog and I visited where the "Mulberry Dog Park" will be today. It will add some variety to our various Villages' area dog park adventures.

katezbox
09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Just wondering if there is a date for the opening of the new Springdale dog park.
I have just adopted a 1 year old English Cocker Spaniel and she and I are looking forward to accessing the park.
I will be attending the meeting tonight at Mulberry Grove Rec center...perhaps they will answer my question.

Beady,

Congrats to you and Cap'n on a new crew member!

nONIE
09-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Beady, How wonderful that you have adopted a new furbaby.Congrats to you both and wishing you many years of joy & laughter with her.

Taltarzac
10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Can anyone confirm this?

beady
10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
It is practically in my back yard.....I will check it out today and let everyone know.....
Star is almost ready to join the pups ...she was spayed last week....when the stitches come out on Friday we are good to go.
Sometimes I think I am more excited than she is......:icon_wink:

beady
10-26-2009, 05:18 PM
The park is not open yet folks......the fencing is up and the work has begun on the parking area....talked to a very nice lady there...lots of dogs gathered outside the area.
I believe there is a RDOG meeting Wednesday......anyone know if that is true....I would like to attend.

Barefoot
10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
I believe there is a RDOG meeting Wednesday......anyone know if that is true?....I would like to attend.

I didn't see it in the Rec Guide for Mulberry on Wed night. I would also like to attend.

I'm hoping Karen can post any information here.

Responsible Dog Owners
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Hello All, :wave:

Yes, the park is about completed. Today (11-02) the landscaping was planted. Tomorrow (11-03) the mulch will be placed around the new plantings. The irrigation system is in as are the doggie water fountains, doggie bag holders and receptacles and hose bibs for hoses. Also some trees will be planted for shade.

We'd like to order a minimum of two and hopefully four benches and cement slabs for each park but we just have not gotten enough contributions to support the purchases. Part of RDOG's responsibility is to furnish the park benches and cement pads.

ONCE AGAIN WE ARE ASKJING FOR YOUR HELP: If you would like to participate in the purchase of a park bench, please send your contribution made out to:

Dan Forrester, Treasurer
RDOG
16850 S.E. 86th Deptford Court
The Villages, Florida 32162

Each set costs $575.00. Any portion of that amount would be gratefully accepted. Your contribution will help and go towards one bench set or if you're feeling very generous a complete set. Your name, or your dog's name (which ever you decide) will be placed on a dedication plaque on the bench.

We've worked very hard to get to this point and would like to have the park opened this month. Please help.

Karen Tynes, Pres :crap2:
RDOG
750-1627

3bells
11-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I am (or will be when we get there) a newcomer. We have a dog park near where we live. The owners are very careful to have a questionaire filled out for each dog, to do some personality tests, and have supervision to hopefully prevent any dangerous mishaps such as a dog or several turning on another dog, or even a dog owner getting in the middle and being hurt. Putting dogs together without careful vetting can be dangerous.

I hope these things are also being addressed.