PDA

View Full Version : Please help find me

Responsible Dog Owners
06-22-2009, 09:35 AM
REWARD OF $300.00 FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF GIANNA
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1250

My name is Gianna. I was last seen at Ashley Meadows Golf Course, Hole #1 of Nancy Lopez Golf Course on Sunday evening (11:30PM) I am wearing a grey reflective collar with a 6 ft. black leash. I am black (Seal) & White..I weigh 6 lbs. and I'm very shy. PLEASE CALL RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS GROUP AT 750-1627 with any information.

duffysmom
06-22-2009, 06:21 PM
My concern is the leash. I would certainly walk through any wooded areas where she could be stuck. She may not bark if she is a shy fearful dog. It is a sad situation in this heat. Also, the other dog may be a help in finding her. My prayers are with her. Please let us know when they find her.

JeanneBeannie
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
My concern is the leash. I would certainly walk through any wooded areas where she could be stuck. She may not bark if she is a shy fearful dog. It is a sad situation in this heat. Also, the other dog may be a help in finding her. My prayers are with her. Please let us know when they find her.

That is an excellent idea!! I am praying that they find her soon!!

Sgtsixpack
06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Thank you for your concerns- She does not respond to a name . he fact of her collar and leash are important as she would not be missed. Neighbors have searched Holes 1,9 and 8 of Lopez- Ashley Meadows.

She was running South from Green #1 Ashley towards Buena Vista- It was so dark and she is so small she could not be seen. Hopefully, your concerned effort may find her for us. Thank You

Steve & Joan

JeanneBeannie
06-23-2009, 06:27 AM
I have been trying to come up with ideas, since I feel useless and cant help being STUCK UP HERE IN NY.
I am sure you have already thought of this, but I was wondering if you put posters up in all the offices of the golf courses, and all the post offices...heck put them everywhere for that matter. Eventho she disappeared on that one golf course, they can travel alot of territory, so she may be wandering around other golf courses by now? :shrug:.
Does she have favorite things that attract her to run to you when you are playing? Such as...my goldens can be way outside in the yard, and I keep their biscuites in a tin can, and as soon as I jiggle the can they come flying to me. Just a silly thought. Well...I am rattling on, so good luck, I sure hope you find her today!!!
Jeanne

F16 1UB
06-23-2009, 07:18 AM
WVLG 640 AM The Villages radio station. I've heard lost dog reports on here before. This is their business phone but you may be able to contact an on air person. We're hoping for the best.

352-750-9854

shazam
06-23-2009, 08:56 AM
I too have been trying to think of ideas, but can't seem to come up with anything other than what has been posted already. Do you think something like a search party with everyone branching out from a specific starting point to cover an entire area? Not sure if you've already covered most of the territory but I'm willing to volunteer. Let me know and please keep everyone uo to date.

Tom

KathieI
06-23-2009, 09:43 AM
If a search party has not already performed a search, I'll volunteer also. It should be done quickly and every square foot of the area searched by foot. I don't have to tell you, in this heat, this is a very difficult time for a little dog. Please pm me if you need another volunteer.

nONIE
06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
This may sound ridiculous, but when our pets safety is at stake, I would try anything!

Could you get the police to track BY SCENT with their canine unit? There is nothing like the powerful scent of a dogs nose. Using Bloodhounds or German shephards after smelling your dogs bed or other articles may just work!

I have done this before with my tiny poodle when she is off somewhere on the property. I let my hound find her for me. Most of the time, it does work!

nONIE
06-23-2009, 11:33 AM
If you have exhausted all efforts and still have not found your dog , I know of an excellent psychic in The Villages who has worked with the police in the past to help find lost children.

Please pm me and I will give you her name. Wishing you the best of luck with your search, I know what your going thru.

Sgtsixpack
06-23-2009, 06:03 PM
To all concerned Thank you- Here is what's been done to date:
For your information-
1. Marion County Sheriff notified with flyer
2. All postal stations in Briar meadow flyer ed last night.
3. Marion County Fire- substation and Villages Fire Bellemeade notified.
4. Village Watch notified & flyer ed.
5. One Source ( golf maintenance flyer ed)
6. Nancy Lopez & Glenview pro shops flyer ed.
7. Radio station VNN notified & George aired it several times this morning,
8. Mulberry Pickle ball & Sports pool flyer ed
9. I and 3 neighbors have walked Hole 1, 9, 8 last night & this morning.
10. Sanitation on Bellemeade given flyers this AM.
11. Meter reader given flyer as well as several habitual early AM dog walkers.
12. Marion County Republican Party The Villages members sent e-mail flyer last night as well as others..
13. Have requested posts on J-Max and VlgsClassified.
14. Daily Sun to post Tuesday 6/23 I think.
15. Have visited Marion County Animal Control to check if any pickups made & Posted at their facilty.
16. Lady Lake Police Dept Not interested -to far away.
17. Posted on Ocala4sale.com
18. Searched all bushes & areas surounding Nancy Lopez Country Club again today to see if she slipped her leash.

Any suggestions or help is welcome. Thank you again

rshoffer
06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1250

My name is Gianna. I was last seen at Ashley Meadows Golf Course, Hole #1 of Nancy Lopez Golf Course on Sunday evening (11:30PM) I am wearing a grey reflective collar with a 6 ft. black leash. I am black (Seal) & White..I weigh 6 lbs. and I'm very shy. PLEASE CALL RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS GROUP AT 750-1627 with any information.
Any Luck yet???

Sgtsixpack
06-24-2009, 04:02 AM
5:00am 6/23 update to those concerned. No word yet on the lost little pup Gianna

Sgtsixpack
06-24-2009, 04:16 AM
There is a picture of the lost dog on this website under Gianna.

http://www.districtgov.org/petfinder/petsearch.aspx

graciegirl
06-24-2009, 07:07 AM
I have a terrible feeling that someone has found Gianna and is keeping her, for at least the time being, until their concience overcomes them. I think anyone with courage should approach anyone with an Italian greyhound and just ask a few "innocent" questions. The breed is relatively rare. If you have a phone camera, snap a picture and post it here.

Could you post more pictures here on TOTV? The administrators can help you post them within the post. Does she have any special markings??? Johnny M has a full size grayhound and she has some color spotting that is quite unique. Johnny? Are you reading this? Keep your eye out for this little dog on a leash somewhere.

Wish I were there. I would hound the place with a camera.

JeanneBeannie
06-24-2009, 07:09 AM
I am just heart sick for you, I am sure you are beside yourself with worry. Never give up hope....doggies have been known to find their way back home even months later.
I've been trying to come up with a few more thoughts, as you seem to have come up with great ideas as well as the other wonderful TOTV'ers.
Small dogs can hide in small places when they are scared, perhaps a garage door or shed door that may have been left open? Under a parked car, bushes. Maybe she is hanging out closer to one of the ponds for a drink of water? Dogs listen for the doggie whistle....then wait and you might hear her trying to call back to you.
I think a search is a wonderful idea! A group of volunteers could meet in a specific spot and some can search either in their golf carts or walking. Hmmm...maybe carrying a treat might help to entice her to come.
Again...you have probably thought of these ideas...but just in case. You could check the "found" ads in the paper. Visit the animal shelters daily, even the veternarian's office, someone may have brought her to their vet. (not that she is hurt or sick, but as a safe place to drop her off till her owners find her.).
And last but not least....kids!!! Kids are a wonderful source for finding a lost pet. Maybe some flyers at the family pools, or events where children attend while visiting their grandparents. And the local schools too.
Whewww okie, I am winded now from talking too much, but I will pray and pray and Gianna comes home soon.
P.S. I know I said I was done but....as per Nonie's suggestion about the psychic. Its a personal preference....but knowing me...I would probably try it. Good luck to you!!!
Jeanne
P.S.S. I would love to help in the search, but stuck in NY.

JeanneBeannie
06-24-2009, 07:22 AM
I have a terrible feeling that someone has found Gianna and is keeping her, for at least the time being, until their concience overcomes them. I think anyone with courage should approach anyone with an Italian greyhound and just ask a few "innocent" questions. The breed is relatively rare. If you have a phone camera, snap a picture and post it here.

Could you post more pictures here on TOTV? The administrators can help you post them within the post. Does she have any special markings??? Johnny M has a full size grayhound and she has some color spotting that is quite unique. Johnny? Are you reading this? Keep your eye out for this little dog on a leash somewhere.

I agree Gracie, but felt bad suggesting it, but glad you did Gracie. I was wondering....I know this will take alot of volunteers, but was wondering if people went door to door to ask and to also keep their eyes and ears open, in case someone did keep Gianna for themselves.
Thats a great idea about the markings also. I read one time that when a dog goes missing, sometimes its good to keep the special markings secret when if someone calls to say they found found her and get your hopes up, or looking for a reward. I wish all of us doggie lovers could come to TV right away and form a possie (sp?) and find Gianna!! :crap2:

starflyte1
06-24-2009, 07:34 AM
In reading all that has been done looking for Giannna, I did not see where veterinarians in the area have been notified and given posters.

Also, is a reward being offered? If someone has found her with the idea of keeping her, maybe they would rather have money. On our Yorkies' tags I put $300 reward and a phone number.

Sgtsixpack
06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
To all concerned- No luck yet on finding the little girl-

She has been posted on Craigslist AOL,
No reward has been posted but we would gladly reward or compensate those who find her. We agree with Gracies thoughts that she may have been found already. Unsubstatiated information alleges she was found and is staying at a home possibly North of 42. A person qouted that finding her was "finding the prize of the day" which is believed to be a family with children.
WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONFIRM OR SUBSTANTIATE THIS INFORMATION. We shall keep on looking. Unfortuntely school is out or we would be monitoring children and their buses looking for assistance.

IF ANYONE LIVES NORTH OF PUBLIX WITH ACCESS TO CHILDREN WE WELCOME YOUR HELP.

AS TO PHOTOS WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING MORE AND SEEK HELP OF SOMEONE IN DISPLAYING THEM ON TOTV
We are now into our 3rd day and appreciate the compassion and support of all out there. We know the information has been replicated or number of "hits" so that hundreds of eyes are helping us.
God Bless "all y'all" (Floridians now for 5 years)

starflyte1
06-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Post reward (with a $ amount) posters around the area North of 42. Offer to buy the finder to buy a dog to replace the "found" Gianna. Make an offer one can't refuse. If a family has had it for two days, the kids aren't likely to give it up unless they are promised another just like it.

Now, I am getting frantic, like I would if it were my dog.

JeanneBeannie
06-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Thank you so much for letting us know....as we are all praying for a speedy and safe return of Gianna.
If someone did find her, I hope they are decent people and have the good sense to do the right thing and return Gianna to her owners who love her.
I hope you find all the help you need, and the word gets out, so you dont have to go thru anymore of this anguish.
Jeanne

Responsible Dog Owners
06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A $300.00 REWARD FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF GIANNA.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1255

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1256

Sgtsixpack
06-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the input- There are times we get overloaded and can't think straight- Appreciate the help, We are not opposed to a reward .

graciegirl
06-25-2009, 06:02 AM
What a beautiful dog.

Maybe some of us would like to contribute to the reward fund. How would we do that? In the case it isn't used give it to the local Humane Society?

nONIE
06-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Gracie, What a wonderful Idea! Im in!! :coolsmiley:

Taltarzac
06-25-2009, 08:23 AM
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1255

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=145&pictureid=1256

And also at the other dog parks around TV.

Sgtsixpack
06-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Your outpourings have been sustaining. We have broadened our notification of Veterinarians. We are offfering a reward and will contact RDOG.

Please continue with your prayers for the little Gianna.

Sgtsixpack
06-25-2009, 09:41 PM
We are ending day 4 of Gianna's escape. However we have been receiving calls asking if she has been found, which she has not. The Good news is that the callers have been getting information and pictures from others who have notified them. to this we are ever greatful. The more "eyes" the better chance of locating her. Remember she is such a small dog which always attracts attention.

Thank you all

Responsible Dog Owners
06-26-2009, 07:08 AM
We received a call at 6:46 am that the little "whippet" was seen around Cuthbert by the Woodbury Postal Station. The caller said the little black dog was "very skittish" I did not get their name as they said they were at the postal station and just leaving town.
We immediately called Village Watch and Dudley dispatched a patrol.

We jumped into our car and to the Woodbury Postal Station. Nothing! We were driving up Cuthbert asking people along the way if they saw the little black dog. They saw nothing. Just then a gray Chrysler Minivan with 4 passengers pulled alongside and said "She's around the corner" and confirmed it was a little black dog with a collar.

We slowly drove around the street- nothing- when all of a sudden we saw her going up to a door. My wife jumped out of the car, calling "Gianna, Gianna". The little girl was as if in a daze. She stopped and came towards the car and as she had done at home, cowered and my wife picked her up. " Thank you God" were the words my wife expressed with so much relief. She is skinny, shaking and very frightened but- GIANNA IS HOME.

Joan & I Thank all who have prayed and helped us in this stressful time.

People are Good
Steve

Stephen D. Schlapak
16951 SE84 Colerain Circle
The Villages, Florida 32162
(352-751-5279
email. Sgtsixpack@aol.com
Treasurer, The Villages Republican Club Marion County
Committeeman Precinct 3053
Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator 20770CF

villages07
06-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Yey!!!! Time to break out a six pack to celebrate.... so happy for you that Gianna has been found and safely returned home. You did all the right things in getting the word out and garnering support.

Congrats.... we all like to hear a happy ending.

:pepper2::beer3::pepper2::beer3:

graciegirl
06-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Well if this isn't good news what is?

God is Good. I just talked to Gianna's mom and dad and they are estatic and give all thanks to our prayers.

Yes Sir. We needed a little cheering up and this has made MY day!! I know it has made yours as well.

Barefoot
06-26-2009, 07:47 AM
This is just the greatest news. I am so happy that Gianna is home.

katezbox
06-26-2009, 03:01 PM
...we owe a thank you to St. Francis for helping Gianna find her way back home with help from a few wonderful people.

F16 1UB
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sgtsixpack
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM
...we owe a thank you to St. Francis for helping Gianna find her way back home with help from a few wonderful people.

Thank you to all who have contributed in their many ways to the return of our Gianna. I have been around enough summers to realize, faith in its many forms, has surprising powers - one of which which we humbly have received the benefit of.

The Vet has checked her out- presribed hydration, antibiotics and pain Rx for a bruised hock. She is resting and should bounce back in a short while.

graciegirl
06-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Pictures please! (of the three, no four of you, Gianna has a sibling?) Did she have her leash when you found her? How long was she gone? It seemed like eternity.

So glad the vet felt she was pretty much o.k. I am sure Gianna was very worried wondering where in the world you had gone to!