PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy one?

ChattanoogaTn
07-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I am seriously considering a 2009 TOMBERLIN Golf Car (street car) that has lights, turn signals, brake lights and glass windshield and was wondering if anyone knew about these?

I have heard that Yamaha, EZGO, and Club Car are suppossed to be the best and also undecided as to gas vs Electric as I hate the idea of paying $600 -$800 for batteries but then again gas has oil changes, gas to install etc.

Just trying to find out if TOMBERLIN is a good cart and what you suggest!

Thanks a bunch as your advice is appreciated....!!!!!

GMONEY
07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I have driven one, it is a nice cart. they have a new dealer here that sells them. I checked on the 48SS 4 seater. For the Money I would go EZ-GO. The Yamaha and Par-Car are up in price to. Depends on where your getting one for the price.
But yes they are a good cart. Newer name.

Bogie Shooter
07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
I am seriously considering a 2009 TOMBERLIN Golf Car (street car) that has lights, turn signals, brake lights and glass windshield and was wondering if anyone knew about these?

I have heard that Yamaha, EZGO, and Club Car are suppossed to be the best and also undecided as to gas vs Electric as I hate the idea of paying $600 -$800 for batteries but then again gas has oil changes, gas to install etc.

Just trying to find out if TOMBERLIN is a good cart and what you suggest!

Thanks a bunch as your advice is appreciated....!!!!!
Is that the one made in China???

GatorFan
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Huge difference in price of insurance also. Double check rates before you buy. Low speed is an automobile by Florida law, requires registation and tag-subject to required insurance by law.

Golf carts are not motor vehicles by Florida law and insurance is inexpensive.

Huge difference in premium.

JohnN
07-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Tomberlin is Chinese made and a newer brand, so I'd personally be careful.
However, the price is right and it's pretty cool. Best wishes, let us know what you do.

golfnut
07-03-2009, 01:36 PM
My choice would be an EZ GO.....GN

DDoug
07-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Go on their web site and also go over on 301 just south of cr472 and take a close look at them. Tomberlin has made off road vehicles for some time and if you look at the way they are build you may think twice. And no they are not made in china That is the Star brand. These hydrolic brakes front and rear try to stop a rear brake only cart quick and see how it responds. They also have A frame front end . Soon as I sell my motorcycle I am buying one

RVRoadie
07-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I liked the ride of the Tomberlin best of all the carts I tried. Not quite ready to move up. Did you see the $18k Shelby cart they have on display?

Golferosh
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Tomberlin makes neighborhood electric vehicles (NEV's) which are also known as low speed vehicles (LSV's). They can also be used as golf cars (in The Villages & elsewhere) but must be licensed & insured and not driven on streets with speed limits over 35 mph (although they can cross such streets). They are currently eligible for federal income tax credits ranging from $4235 to $5486 depending upon the model purchased. Although the cost of licensing and insuring them over several years will certainly add up along with the fact that they've only been made since 2007 may increase maintenance costs the tax credit should increase their sales significantly. The tax credit will decrease (eventually disappearing) as greater numbers of NEV's & LSV's are sold.

If you're paying more than $6000 annually in federal income tax (and I would guess that many Villagers are doing so) and are looking up upgrade your golf car vehicle I would think that considering a Tomberlin (2 year warranty) would be a good idea.

paulandjean
08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Ezgo here

DENNIS G
08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Huge difference in price of insurance also. Double check rates before you buy. Low speed is an automobile by Florida law, requires registation and tag-subject to required insurance by law.

Golf carts are not motor vehicles by Florida law and insurance is inexpensive.

Huge difference in premium.

Insurance for an Lsv isn't that expensive. I pay $160.00 a year for mine and have the same coverages as on my car. If you are covered under homeowners policy, most only cover from home to golf course and return, thief to a maximum of $5000.00 less depreciation. A friend had his stolen last year 2007 Yamaha, collected $3400.00, paid $6100. 7 months earlier. With an auto type policy you can state value. I know from experience, as I was involved in an accident that a person ran the stop sign and hit us totalling our car (Custom), I had it insured for $18,000. We got full value because it was the other persons fault.

gego3650
08-23-2009, 07:11 PM
I just bought an Alumacar and suggst you give that a try. I did not care for any of the others. Electric is the way to go as gas stations are scarce and who likes running around sitting on 5 gallons of petro. People from the north buy gas as that is what they are used to because of terrain.

mrdills
12-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Yes D Doug you are right, I bought one and its the best cart I ever owned or ridden in, If you look real close comparing carts you will find that all the other LSV's are not designed to go faster that 19.6 MPH because they are made for the golf courses. The brake system is a perfect example plus the roll bar that no other cart has. I just saw the new Club Cart LSV and the front end looks like the Tomberlin, are they trying to tell us something ? LOL, this cart is not designed to be a LSV because they still have a park brake on the brake system. I ask the salesman about that and he said that shouldn't be a problem, Right !!!!! lol. If anyone is looking to buy a new LSV I would highly recommend to take a look at this cart. In there showroom they have a cart cut down to show you all the parts and I haven't seen anyone else that does that, I wonder why. :coolsmiley:

Larryandlinda
12-18-2009, 10:19 AM
we bought a slightly used GEM 2 seater
good to knows is (mostly) made in USA
we are not going to use it much thanks to bicycles, but our renter needed it and is going to be here with no automobile for January
Seems to work well
L&L