PDA

View Full Version : What % of golf carts do you think have seat belts?

LI SNOWBIRD
02-07-2017, 10:27 AM
I've wondered and guessed 10% based on casual observation. Yesterday my DW and rode from Tall Trees to LSL and counted the number of golf carts we encounter and noticed if they had seat belts. Our very limited survey[/B][/U] showed around 30% . I know having seat belts and using them are two different things. The ones we saw and counted were when the drivers were wearing them.

Just curious: thumbup:

JerryLBell
02-07-2017, 10:42 AM
We haven't moved there just yet but I don't know that I've ever noticed any carts with seat belts during any of our visits. The cart that we ordered and which is being delivered in 2 weeks (right after we finally move in) has them though! We would not consider buying a cart without them.

Mleeja
02-07-2017, 11:17 AM
We just purchased a new cart. From my casual observation while shopping for the cart, dealers are starting to just install them rather than offering as option. BTW, I would have had them installed if not already there. Use them religiously. Just my personal choice....

Mudder
02-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I see more and more people using seat belts. We have them on both carts and use them always.
I can't believe the people I see just sitting there casually , not even holding onto anything.
There was/is a very interesting story from a man who was seriously injured because a neighbor started going before he had a chance to put his seatbelt on. Wish that guy could get his story in paper or on here.

billethkid
02-07-2017, 11:32 AM
10%

thelegges
02-07-2017, 08:48 PM
10%

I agree. Very few older carts have them. Our 2016 did not have them when we bought but can add later. Pros and cons on whether lap belts will help

ukbill70
02-07-2017, 09:48 PM
We had seat belts installed on both our carts a year ago and we ALWAYS put them on.

kcrazorbackfan
02-07-2017, 10:53 PM
100% of our two and we always use them; better safe than sorry.