PDA

View Full Version : Star Golf Carts

SuDube
02-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Can someone please tell me the likes and dislikes of a Star Golf Cart. I have one now and I like it, but all I hear is I would never buy a Star Cart and I need to know why?

mightymo
02-11-2017, 07:56 PM
I bought two Star Carts new in 2009. I have never had a moments trouble with either one. I have watched on this site for the last seven years and there has been a lot of discussion about them but all the trash talk seems to come from people that have never owned one. As you get replies to your question about the Star Cart I would suggest you give the most weight to replies from a mechanic or someone who has actually owned one. IMHO.

Jayhawk
02-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Can someone please tell me the likes and dislikes of a Star Golf Cart. I have one now and I like it, but all I hear is I would never buy a Star Cart and I need to know why?

If you like it, who cares what other people say?

sirknor
02-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Love our Star cart. No problems.

jojo
02-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Bought our Star cart in 2008. No problems. Upgraded seats. Runs peppy.

SuDube
02-12-2017, 09:27 AM
I don't care what other people say I just wanted to know if there was something wrong with the Star Carts

villagetinker
02-12-2017, 09:32 AM
I don't care what other people say I just wanted to know if there was something wrong with the Star Carts

I do NOT have one of these, but I Googled 'star golf cart problems', and found several results that will probably answer your questions.
Hope this helps.

alwann
02-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Mine is a two year old SST model. The only negatives so far: it has lots of annoying squeaks and rattles even after tightening every screw and bolt I can find. Also, the upgraded seat that comes with this model is uncomfortable. Your experience may be different, but I found the service department folks to be disinterested in any of my concerns.

All that said, the cart looks great and runs fast.

Frank7
02-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Star befor two years ago had many changes in distributation that had effected final assembly and warranty issues.
The company store has been in charge of markiting the past two seasons and have been delivering a markitible product with good
Warranty support prosidures. The results are far less consumer complainants from new owners.

JoMar
02-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Have had a Star for just over two years.....no issues and very cooperative service department. My only issue is they need to develop consistent management in the local store.

Italianflf
04-04-2017, 11:37 AM
can anyone recommend a good service company for Star carts that doesn't charge $50 for pick up and return?? My cart is 2008 and like it except for trying to get it serviced reasonably. Had a Club cart before that and there were many to choose from. Thanks!