PDA

View Full Version : Picking up visitors at Orlando Airport

homeball
07-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I have to pick up a passenger at Orlando Airport at 9AM Saturday coming in on Southwestern. This will be my first time picking up someone at Orlando Airport. Any hints, suggestions, or anything I should be aware of??

-Dave-

conn8757
07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
They have a cell phone parking lot if your visitors will call you when they are ready and you will only have to drive through once to pick them up rather than continuing to circle. (Unless you were going to park and go in and wait for them).

drdodge
07-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Best to follow arrivals sign to parking and park there and go in and wait for guests. If you park for less than 1 hour there is no charge. just make sure u know and remember which section u are parked in

teach232
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Be prepared to pay for a 'gazoodle' of tolls there and back!

homeball
07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
They have a cell phone parking lot if your visitors will call you when they are ready and you will only have to drive through once to pick them up rather than continuing to circle. (Unless you were going to park and go in and wait for them).

Are there signs for this cell phone parking lot or do you have to find it on your own?? That should really do the trick. Thanks.

-Dave-

homeball
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Be prepared to pay for a 'gazoodle' of tolls there and back!

Yeah, I know. I already have my SUNPASS up and running.

-Dave-

Barefoot
07-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Any hints, suggestions, or anything I should be aware of?? Dave-

I realize that you want to greet your passenger at the airport. So this isn't a "solution".

I've found a method that works for me. I'm not a good driver. I prepay The Villages Shuttle for my visitors and give them instructions where to find it. Then I greet them at Lake Sumter Landing in my golf cart, stress-free. It is so exciting watching the shuttle arrive and taking visitors on a golf cart tour on the way home.

swrinfla
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Homeball:

Explore www.orlandoairports.net for various maps, etc.

The cell phone lot is off the south access road. Not really very convenient for those of us appraching from the north, but not too bad. It's near the Red satellite parking lot.

Southwest baggage claims are at Terminal A. North side of airport complex. So, again, not terribly convenient.

Still, using the cell phone is probably the best way, unless you park and go into the terminal building. Bags can take quite a long time from plane to carousel, so your passenger might call you when arriving at the carousel, not when deplaning!

On all of this, I speculate, because I've never done it!

SWR :beer3:

mac9
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I've gone to the airport many times and the signs are really clear. I always use the cell phone parking lot and have never had a problem. Just tell your visitors to get their luggage before calling you and make sure that they tell you what sign number they will be near. Guarantee you that you won't get lost!

aln
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
mac9 is correct - not really difficult.

I've been down there several times to pick people up

Usually about 1hr 15 min my house to airport.

If you're doing this during normal business hours I like to go a little early and browse the EDWIN WATTS GOLF store just north of airport.

Just exit like you're going into the airport but take SEMORAN BLVD north to the first light and turn left....
Right behind TGI FRIDAYS

There's also a H:icon_wink::smiley:TERS on the other side of Semoran