PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Putting Greens

2catsmeow
07-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Do you have a putting green in your back yard? If so, who did you have create it, were you happy with their work, and how much should we expect to pay? Also, do you have any suggestions or ideas that would help us with our new project?

Fourpar
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Suggest you check with deed restriction office before going too far with this project. It may not be permitted in some neighborhoods/villages.

2catsmeow
07-28-2009, 06:55 PM
A few people in our village already have them and they look like great fun, so I imagine that we would be able to get one too - but of course I would check first to make sure it would be okay. I am sure there are restrictions with size and location. I just wanted to see if anyone that participates with this forum had one and if anyone had any design ideas. With all of the people that read this post it shows some interest in this question - can anyone help me???

The Great Fumar
07-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Sorry...
But I can't help you , I had one in my back yard and they made me remove it when I put in a TILTAWHIRL ,,,,,,

nauseated fumar .....

rshoffer
07-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Do you have a putting green in your back yard? If so, who did you have create it, were you happy with their work, and how much should we expect to pay? Also, do you have any suggestions or ideas that would help us with our new project?Yep.... created by TV.... called Turtle Mound.... cost to me=monthly amenity fee.

Muncle
07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I put one in about 3 years ago. It was installed by Dan Martin, 352-572-9014. He was a rep/franchisee of Synthetic Turf of Central Fl. Dan is super cooperative and handled all the architecture approvals. Cost is dependent on size and frills, up to several thou. In retrospect, I'd go smaller than I installed, probably eliminating the ell down the side of the house. And to be honest, I really don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would or need to. :shrug: :cryin2:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii253/billfl/100-0005_IMG.jpg

`

2catsmeow
07-29-2009, 07:04 PM
WOW! - didn't expect the bitterness and sarcasm expressed by the 'Great Fumar' and 'rshoffer'. This was a sincere question. What could have compelled you to respond in such a way - or even respond at all with something so unnecessarily arrogant and hurtful? I have a difficult time getting around and thought this would be something that I could enjoy at our home without having to travel to one of the country clubs. I hope you are proud of yourself and your smartypants comments at my expense..... :sad:

Muncle - thank you for posting the picture - that is quite a putting green. A little larger that I would want but it is beautiful. Thanks for the information.

Muncle
07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
A suggestion --- I had done extensive landscaping before I decided to put in the green. I had curbing, bushes, flowers, et al already installed when we considered the putting green layout. Again, in retrospect, it would have been really great to have Dan Martin work with my selected landscapers :highfive: to come up with a layout that that better blended and maybe include some esoteric touches I hadn't otherwise considered. :shrug:

`

katezbox
07-29-2009, 11:17 PM
WOW! - didn't expect the bitterness and sarcasm expressed by the 'Great Fumar' and 'rshoffer'. This was a sincere question. What could have compelled you to respond in such a way - or even respond at all with something so unnecessarily arrogant and hurtful? I have a difficult time getting around and thought this would be something that I could enjoy at our home without having to travel to one of the country clubs. I hope you are proud of yourself and your smartypants comments at my expense..... :sad:

Muncle - thank you for posting the picture - that is quite a putting green. A little larger that I would want but it is beautiful. Thanks for the information.

2cats,

If you read this forum long enough, you will see that Fumar pokes fun at many of us as well as himself. I don't see it as bitter or sarcastic - but that is just my opinion.

As for RSH, I think he was making a point that there are some good putting greens that we already support with our amenity fees. I don't know where he lives, but the putting green at Turtle Mound is particularly attractive and also less crowded than most as few golfers playing the sister course (Sandhill) cross Buena Vista. If he is in that part of Duval, this may be just about in his backyard.

That being said, I would love a putting green - and Munc's is rather nice. If you do put one in, I hope you will posy a picture. I will be green with envy!:girlneener:

Army Guy
07-30-2009, 07:11 AM
2cats, I totally am with katezbox, Fumar's post made me laugh, cause I no his humor on here. He is a great guy and rshoffer is alos a great guy and was just having fun. Basically, they are telling you, why waste your money? TV has a bunches of places that you already paid for and they also pay for the up keep!
But I also understand you seem to want one, and that is fine. That is why we have coke and Pepsi different desires. That is like me and wife can't understand why you would put a pool in your backyard in TV when there is what some 50+ already and they take care of them! But once again it is want they want, and that is why I put the uniform on each day so we can each make our own choices.
But both Fumar & rshoffer are great guys, read some of their past posts and I know you will appreciate their humor!

Army Guy

mdjhomes
10-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

SUNNYMARYANN
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
2cats fumar and rshoffer are really very nice people with a good sense of humor. As you see more of their posts you will realize they werent being nasty at all. You are lucky your nickname isnt 2 dogs. Fumar loves to poke fun about dogs too but we all know he is a big pussy cat himself.