PDA

View Full Version : Common Sense

rshoffer
07-31-2009, 06:41 AM
I see Glenn Beck's book Common Sense is rocketing to the top of the best-seller lists. Has anyone read it?

Herb
07-31-2009, 11:33 PM
I just started it and it makes sense to me. I don't agree with everything he says, but most. Heerb

Hancle704
08-01-2009, 09:56 PM
I am reading it and IMHO find it is not pro or anti Conservative or Liberal, despite any impression one may have formed of the man or, because his show appears on what is viewed as the pro-Conservative Fox News Channel.

I think he has done a great service for all who really care about this country, by taking Thomas Paine's Common Sense and bringing his views of what has happened to our nation since we (citizens and leaders) have lost the common sense of our Founding Fathers. In my opinion, this book could be used in schools and could be read by all, regardless of Political Party affiliation. His 9.12 Project spelled out in the book should be posted on all class room walls and copies should be sent to The President, every Member of Congress and The Senate and all future Candidates.

I have heard that local book stores run out as soon as they get a delivery. I was able to get my copy from Amazon.com.

It is not a large book but it offers much more than some of the slanted junk that we have been exposed to recently.

Thanks for listening and I hope you get to read this book.

njgranny
08-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I haven't read the book, but I watch Beck's show frequently. The man does have lots of common sense, and I think that's something everyone could use a little more of.

gego3650
09-04-2009, 02:18 PM
I have read it and passed it on to a friend. I would recommend the book to all Americans.

l2ridehd
09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Read it and liked it a lot. To bad it is not read by everyone in DC. I liked Mark Levin's Liberty and Tyranny better, but both are excellent reading.

Taj44
09-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Glen Beck was so far off the mark when he called President Obama "a racist who hates whites", I personally wouldn't waste my time reading his right wing crap.

ohiogolf
09-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks, Taj.:agree:

ohiogolf
10-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Quote this week from Lindsey Graham, respected Republican Senator for South Carolina:

Asked what he thinks of another Fox News personality, Glenn Beck, Graham replied, "Only in America can you make that much money crying."

He said Beck is "not aligned with any party as far as I can tell. He's aligned with cynicism. And there's always been a market for cynicism."

"But we became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers," he added.

schotzyb
10-04-2009, 09:30 AM
And the same can be said of Keith Olberman.

ohiogolf
10-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree. it can be said of almost all of the talking head pundits on Fox and MSNBC. they all sell the same message of cynicism and attack.

Number 6
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Thomas Paine wrote a book of the same title. I recommend that one.

Muncle
10-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Glen Beck was so far off the mark when he called President Obama "a racist who hates whites", I personally wouldn't waste my time reading his right wing crap.

Thanks, Taj.:agree:

Quote this week from Lindsey Graham, respected Republican Senator for South Carolina:

Asked what he thinks of another Fox News personality, Glenn Beck, Graham replied, "Only in America can you make that much money crying."

He said Beck is "not aligned with any party as far as I can tell. He's aligned with cynicism. And there's always been a market for cynicism."

"But we became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers," he added.

So it would be safe to say that neither of you has read the book, but your innate prejudice toward the writer and, even worse, his perceived associates, allows you to prejudge the contents of the text and condemn it. I'm sure we all appreciate your guidance.

What time is your next scheduled book-burning?

`