PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Camp

nanci2539
08-03-2009, 07:46 AM
I often see an advertisement for a Kitty Camp. Doesn't give an address, just a phone number.

The holidays will be upon us and we like to go back north to visit family. I've only been in TV for a year now and last year, a friend came in to cat sit, feeding and scooping litter. I also have two cats on meds so she was able to "pill" them most of the time. I can't call upon her any longer as she is now working. The past few times I visited family, I went and my husband stayed home. But with the holidays, he'll want to come along (of course).

My cats, like all cats, are creatures of habit and won't adjust to boarding but this Kitty Camp's ad reads "daily private playtime and pampering".

The other reason I would consider boarding is my home is a mess when I return from travel. It takes me a day to get it back to normal. I'm pretty anal about cleaniness and it's not even a little evidient that I have cats. In fact, most folks remark that they would never know if they didn't see the cats walking by.

Okay, that's the story so the simple question is has anyone used this Kitty Camp and what's your opinion.

If you have cats and used pet sitters or boarding, can you share comments.

Thanks

katezbox
08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Nanci,

We have not tried it - but are using sitters that are Villagers when we visit the kids. I'll post how we made out.

k

Annabell
08-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Nanci,

If you are looking for someone to care for your fur babies in your home I would recommend a TOTV member, Redwitch. She is great with the kitties!! On occasion I have boarded them at Accents on Pets Village Paw Spa. They are located on Rolling Acres Road, not far from the Villages. They don't use the cages or "kitty kondo's", but have one large room for the cats, so they are free to move about. We were pleased with the care our cat received there.

cldodge
07-11-2011, 07:18 AM
have lived in TV for almost a year now and for some strange reason, I have been allergy tested and my 6 yr old cat (Miss Scarlett) shows up highest on the allergy test. I have been hospitalized 2x within the last 6 months and now have constant bronchitis. Any one interested, please advise. 352-461-4129 Thank you, Candy Dodge