PDA

View Full Version : Lakeridge Winery

MSNPA
08-08-2009, 03:28 PM
This morning we visited Lakeridge Winery this side of Clermont. First, the area is beautiful. I was amazed at the rolling hills compared to this area which is very flat. The winery gives a nice tour and wine tasting at no charge. It is a very nice place to spend an hour or more. There is a very nice gift shop and places to picnic outside. Several times a year they have events. We hope to visit again in September when they are going to have a jazz event. After our visit to the winery we went to Clermont. We did not stay long, but did take a walk by the lake and the historic down town area. I recommend putting the winery and Clermont on your "to do" list.

thehags
08-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a fun destination and thanks for the suggestion.

sandybill2
08-20-2009, 09:28 PM
This weekend is their "August stomp." They will have music, wine, beer, food and barrels with grapes in them and they have a "contest" to see who can extract the most juice by stomping. They assure you they don't use this juice for their wine! I think you win a T-shirt or something. The children seem to love this event. They have a web page--this shows all their festivals. They have them all through the year on Sat/Sun. This weekend they do charge $2.00 to get in but it all goes to charity. It is a beautiful location and a fun destination--especially when they have the music.