PDA

View Full Version : Knee replacement doctor needed

surfangel
08-11-2009, 06:33 PM
My husband needs to have both knees replaced but can't find a good doctor. Went to several in the Villages but was very unimpressed. Michigan must have the best doctors and Florida the worst. Has anyone had good luck having their knees replaced?
:rant-rave:

villages07
08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I had total knee replacement (on a very bad knee) in Dec 08 with very good results. Dr Kerina, Tri County Orthopedic, was the surgeon. I knew several other folks with good results who also used him. I would go back to him in a minute.

Dr Duke out of Ocala is also highly regarded in this area.

Carla B
08-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I second villages07's recommendations. I had a total knee replacement before moving here and may need a second. Have heard only good things about both doctors mentioned above.

clyd709
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Dr James Dolan up in Ocala is very good amd he has a nice Bedside Manner and wonderfull caring staff. He works out of West Marion Hospital and that is a great hospital, Good Luck I have had mine 5 years now and it is just wonderfull and I am planning to get the other one done in the near future and I would go back to Dr. Dolan and I live in Georgia.:jester::bowdown::pepper2:

GatbTester
08-12-2009, 06:54 AM
I have used, just recently, Dr. Michael Messieh of Clermont. He is in the Villages on Fridays to see patients, and operates at South Lake Hospital in Clermont because of the dedicated Ortho wing there and the cleanliness. He did a wonderful job for me on the right knee this past February. I also had him do a total left shoulder replacement in 07' and that was also successful as well. He is laid back and I recommend him highly.

somerset72
08-24-2009, 07:54 AM
I had Dr. Duke. I like him, his staff and West Marion Community Hosp. where it was done.

GMONEY
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I had Dr. Perry over in Eustis Mt. Dora area work on my knees. I didnt have replacemnet, just cut out and clean some tears up. But he is suppose to be one of the best around. I know he works on alot of the big sports atheletes. I checked around and got a lot of people giving me his name and also Dr. Rhadnothy. they work together in Eustis-Mt. Dora.

http://www.rpocenter.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=hm.home

Really nice people also

villager99
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
surfangel,
can you elaborate on what you found unimpressive about the village doctors you went to?
i researched several village options back in 05 and decided on Dr Kerina, Tri County Orthopedic. top notch surgeon though sometimes backed up re office appointments.
my surgery was done at lessburg. with a post op stay at their north campus rehab faciliy and pre and post op therapy with the therapists who have an office adjacent to dr. kerina's village office and are very closely in contact with him regarding therapy objectives.
now that the village hospital has the proper operating room i don't know if dr. kerina uses both hospitals. because of other disabilities my rehab was tricky. but the outcome has been fantastic.

784caroline
09-09-2009, 04:36 PM
I just had (10 days ago) a knee scoping to repair a torn miniscus by Dr Duke at West Marion Community Hospital..so far all is well. Hospital ...never liked any hospital to begin with, but no complaints. Dr Duke is a very personal guy and I understand he does more knee replaceplacements than scopings. One BIG difference in my selection of Dr Duke, he was Board Certified...not sure what that means but it certainly could not hurt to have someone on your side that passed all the advanced tests.

Hancle704
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Joseph Locker, MD in Ocala also has a great reputation and he recently affiliated with Florida Orthopaedic Institute of Gainesville. FYI, Dr. Kerina is now doing same day partial knee replacement surgery at TLC Center in Lady Lake.

graciegirl
09-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Seems like with our older population that you would be able to find some good orthopedic surgeons who do joint replacement closeby. Florida is known for the the need for good dermatologists and plastic surgeons too, because of the intense sun. Removing cataracts too, would be something that happens a lot near TV.

I witnessed 07 before and after her surgery and I was greatly impressed with her outcome. I would use who she used in a heart beat.

I still would go back to Ohio for my Oncologist, but that is who I have had for a while.

gego3650
06-18-2011, 08:54 PM
U of F in Gainesville. Dr. Vlasic is tops