PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions Talk

The Great Fumar
12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Michigan Law:
> The Michigan State Police are cracking down on speeders heading into Detroit. For the first offense, they give you two Detroit Lions tickets.
> If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.
> ?

Fumar :ohdear:

JohnN
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Ouch

brightspot01
12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Best reason for me to stick in my little hamlet of Hamburg Township, Michigan and stay far far far away from Detroit!

The Great Fumar
12-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Sterling Hgts., Michigan

Michigan State Police have recovered the
body of an adult male (age approx. 72) from Plum
Creek at 8:45 AM.

The victim apparently fell in and drowned due to
excessive alcohol consumption. An empty 12 Pack
of Budweiser Beer lay near-by. He was wearing a
Detroit Lions jersey, black fishnet stockings and a
red garter belt. He also had a cucumber inserted in
his rectum.

The police thoughtfully removed the Lions jersey to
spare the family any unnecessary embarrassment.

Reported by Fumar

Peachie
12-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Sterling Hgts., Michigan

Michigan State Police have recovered the
body of an adult male (age approx. 72) from Plum
Creek at 8:45 AM.

The victim apparently fell in and drowned due to
excessive alcohol consumption. An empty 12 Pack
of Budweiser Beer lay near-by. He was wearing a
Detroit Lions jersey, black fishnet stockings and a
red garter belt. He also had a cucumber inserted in
his rectum.

The police thoughtfully removed the Lions jersey to
spare the family any unnecessary embarrassment.

Reported by Fumar

What a thoughtful police department... :police::1rotfl:

sschuler1
08-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I know...HA, HA !!!! Admit to being a Detroit Lions fan? Well, we definitely are, and we are looking for fellow fans to watch the game with on Saturday! Can anyone tell us where we can go to watch the game? We know there is a place in Orlando, but we don't want to drive that far. There must be a sports bar here, right? But will they play the Lions game is the big question!!! Any help would be appreciated...:beer3:

golf2140
08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I would check our Beef O'Brady's.

villages07
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
SS...welcome to Paradise; it may be kind of lonely cheering for the Lions (even with all the Michigan folks here in TV).

Beef O'Bradys has lots of flat screens and seemed to be able to show any of the NFL games last season. You can call ahead to see if they'll have pre-season games or just show up. It's a good sports bar....basic burgers, sandwiches, salads, cold beer, etc.

There is also one at Southern Trace on 466 and at Mulberry Grove shopping center.

(Go Skins)

golf2140
08-12-2009, 06:24 AM
The Beef's on Southern Trace has really gone down hill. I would try Colony Plaza.

paulandjean
08-12-2009, 07:21 AM
hello, big lions fan here.

JUREK
08-12-2009, 07:35 AM
The Beef's on Southern Trace has really gone down hill. I would try Colony Plaza.

Sorry to hear that as it is one of my favourites. I'll have to check it out in a few weeks. :beer3::beer3:

aln
08-12-2009, 07:56 AM
I really don't know why you would want to put yourself through that every week.

But, since you are apparently LOYAL and that good, there's lots of places around TV to watch "regular" season games.

As for PRE-season, you'll have to lucky enough to have get one of the national networks to pick up the game and then you could watch it at home.

Regular season - as stated the Beef o' Brady's, also Hacienda Hills CC, but, you'll have to put up with some PACKER fans:eclipsee_gold_cup:.

Also PACKO'S @ Fiesta Bowl gets lots of people and they have televisions outside for the smokers. And McCalls at Spanish Springs lanes gets a little action

Terra Del Sol did had games in the past too

That's probably about it for the 'NFL Ticket' group but many other CC's and bars will carry the game that is on the Nat'l tv schedule.

If that would happen to be Detroit . .:1rotfl: . there'll probably be fans there (or maybe not).

Myself: I got DirecTV & bought "the ticket" and sit in the comfort of my home.

The first year I was here, I went to a sports bar (now gone) with my mother.
We'd spend $30 minimum on beer & appetizers or lunch. I figured for that price I can afford "the ticket".

So ...ENJOY . . . and.........GO PACK !!
:MOJE_whot:

mitchbr47
08-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I know...HA, HA !!!! Admit to being a Detroit Lions fan? Well, we definitely are, and we are looking for fellow fans to watch the game with on Saturday! Can anyone tell us where we can go to watch the game? We know there is a place in Orlando, but we don't want to drive that far. There must be a sports bar here, right? But will they play the Lions game is the big question!!! Any help would be appreciated...:beer3:

I gave up watching the Lions until they change owners. Barry Sanders left 10 years ago. Beef O Gradys by Colony might work, but it is a small place. There definitely will be more interest in other games played that day. I sometimes listen to the games on the radio using itunes on 97.1 The Ticket. just to torment myself. The team injuries are already piling up after a week of practice. I would rather watch a college football game. Just SEC down here.

sschuler1
08-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm sure we will get the NFL ticket once we buy a house. Unfortunately, that will be a few months from now. So for now, we have to take our chances and hope that there will be enough Lions fans to have them put the game on one of the tvs at a bar. And then hope that some Packers fans don't come in and make them change the station. :rant-rave:

bob marra
07-26-2013, 10:35 PM
Is there a sports bar that Detroit Lions frequent to watch the games?

army one
07-27-2013, 06:48 AM
At this time of the year I have to evolve into a Tigers Fan, or at other times a Red Wings fan, but I become a Lions fan after the pre season is over. Most years I evolve into a Tampa Bay Fan on or before the Thanksgiving day game because I have the need to root for a team that actually could under some possibilities actually win a game. TEEHEE

kittygilchrist
08-15-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo
kick-alicious..

Hey how bout them Lions...nice show against the jets. their preseason against NE should be a good one. I'm for the winner..

kittygilchrist
10-13-2013, 10:25 PM
So hey all you preseason detractors saying the lions can't amount to anything. Talking bout beating the browns, today. swaggerrring...

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
10-13-2013, 10:48 PM
I think that it's nice to have a thread where both of the Lion's fans can discuss their team.

kittygilchrist
10-14-2013, 07:22 AM
haha! I have no loyalty, I just like being right after noticing the lions doing well in preseason.

CFrance
10-14-2013, 09:07 AM
I think that it's nice to have a thread where both of the Lion's fans can discuss their team.

I happen to be a Lions fan too. So there might be three of us. They can,t do worse than the Steelers so far this year (my #1 team). And hey, I've been a Pirates fan since the 1950s, so I know how to root for losing teams!

Bonny
10-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Big Lions fan here !! Always have been, always will, win or lose ! :icon_wink:

Trish Crocker
10-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Big Lions fan here !! Always have been, always will, win or lose ! :icon_wink:

I support ALL of our Detroit teams!!

CFrance
10-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Our lovely DIL is a huge Tigers fan, so naturally I root for them. They are my AL team. Pirates are my NL team.

A fun game we all went to in Pittsburgh was in 2011 when the Bucs played the Tigers, and won! ( they were still loosing then, so it was a big thrill).

Bonny
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM

Oh yea, love my Wings and Tigers as well !

kittygilchrist
10-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Lions rule! today's game over Dallas was awesome....with 1:14 left, Dallas is up by 3, then they (why, I don't know) kick a field goal making them up by 6; and kick to Detroit. Lions take the ball to the goal line where with 12 seconds left, Stafford does a no huddle snap and simply leaps up to break the plane.
Detroit 31, Dallas 30.
oohrah!

Bonny
10-28-2013, 05:37 AM
It was awesome !! :pepper2:

CFrance
10-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Looks like we missed the best part of the game! We switched over to the Steelers game (who were down by 7 already) and missed the last part of the Lions. Should have stayed with the Lions. That would have been great to see. ;-\

kittygilchrist
10-28-2013, 08:54 AM
darn, Cyndy, I have it recorded. come on over! I am serious!

janieb
10-28-2013, 09:26 AM
It was a great ending, i had already written it off as a loss, glad they proved me wrong

2BNTV
10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
I am a Giants fan so Detroit coming back in spectacular fashion was awesome!

What a game. Games like that will keep one riveted to the television.

Dallas kicked a field goal, so the Lions had to get a touchdown to win it. If Dallas hadn't kicked the field goal, it would have been easiier for Detroit to tie the game and possibly win in OT. With 1:14 left the Lions played like champions in getting a win that was 2% likely, (according to sportscenter). Amazing throw by Stafford down the sidelines. Calvin Johnson was certainly Megatron that day, with spectacular catches for over 300 yards.

Sparksksas
10-28-2018, 10:23 AM
hello, big lions fan here.
Go Lions from The Villages ! Kick Seattle butt today

valuemkt
10-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Trash the Lions to take the spotlight away from the pitiful Spartans .. GO BLUE !

Kenswing
10-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Go Lions from The Villages ! Kick Seattle butt today
Don't think so.. lol