PDA

View Full Version : Is TV fun for singles?

manaboutown
08-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I am a 67 year old male visiting TV in late September to consider relocating there. I love to hit the gym, socialize, fish, dance, read and I have been known to play a little golf.

Does anyone have any specific recommendations for me?

Are there any active singles clubs or???

Bob

graciegirl
08-15-2009, 05:18 PM
All of the singles I know in TV look like they are having a great time. They are always out and about and belong to a number of groups that I belong to. In fact they could be happier than the couples.

I know that you won't feel alone or lonely...just send a signal when you are to arrive and someone will schedule a meet and greet for you....but be careful, two of my friends who met under the clock married each other a couple of months ago. They look really happy.

This is a place for everyone. I know I never think of a person as a half a couple or a single. Everyone I have met is friendly to all. I feel sure you will think this place is Paradise just like all of the rest of us do.

Barefoot
08-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I am a 67 year old male visiting TV in late September to consider relocating there. I love to hit the gym, socialize, fish, dance, read and I have been known to play a little golf.

Bob

I think you should stay away from TV. Unless you want to be swamped with attention. If you like to socialize and dance, TV is the place for you.

The Singles Groups will welcome you with open arms. Just post here when you're arriving, and prepare to have a wonderful time!

manaboutown
08-16-2009, 10:44 AM
both you ladies have made. All I have heard so far is good news to me.

What are the names of the organized singles groups? How can I contact people in them to see if anything is going on while I am in TV?

Is there any special place where single people tend to hang out?

Bob

Barefoot
08-16-2009, 11:40 AM
both you ladies have made. All I have heard so far is good news to me. What are the names of the organized singles groups? How can I contact people in them to see if anything is going on while I am in TV? Is there any special place where single people tend to hang out? Bob

Send a PM to KathieI .. a member of TOTV. She is a great gal and will give you tons of information.

Hawkwind
08-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Bob

Try these two links as they will give you an idea of the activities going on in TV for the following week. They come out on Thursday in the local newspaper, The Villages Daily Sun, and are posted on line within a day or two. Check it every week as it changes.

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/content/current/sections/recnews.pdf

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/content/current/sections/actsched.pdf

I noticed that the second link may have been scanned incorrectly as it is a little hard to read.

manaboutown
08-18-2009, 04:16 PM
one and all for your tips and guidance. As my visiting time approaches I will check things out further. TV appears to be such an incredible place. I hope my expectations are not too high but I can hardly wait to get there!

chachacha
08-24-2009, 09:31 PM
hi all singles wondering if there is life for you here....YES! kathiei is a great contact, as well as many of the singles you have seen posting on this site who live here already....there are two huge singles clubs, and many other informal groups of friends who are always welcoming to newcomers....we often take advantage of the lovely patios of various country clubs which offer music during the week, as well as of course the squares and numerous karaoke venues...we look forward to meeting you.

KathieI
08-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, Bare and Cha x 3 .... I wish there was a salary to go with the Sr. Social Director position, LOL.
Yes, Manabout, Just let us know when you get here by PM or post, and we'll let you know the happenings at the time. You will have a great time, we have a large group of singles who meet to dance, go to the movies, have dinner and have lots of fun. Can't wait to meet you. I promise you will love it here.

manaboutown
08-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi KathieI,

Thank you for volunteering to introduce me to what is available for singles at TV. I expect to arrive the afternoon of 9/25 and be around until 9/30.

Since it will be my very first visit I hope to get an initial overall impression of what TV is all about but since I am single I want to be sure TV has some single residents, welcomes singles and would offer a comfortable living environment for me. Most of all, I want to live among active, positive and upbeat people who enjoy life!

chachacha
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
you are coming to the right place. meets all your criteria and more...

manaboutown
08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Thank you too, Chachacha. It appears some singles are indeed alive and well, enjoying themselves in TV. Again, I look forward to my visit and meeting any of you who may wish to meet me. I put a photo up and posted some basics about myself.

In awe of TV
10-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I'll be coming to TV this weekend. Any suggestions for a single lady as to dancing, sight seeing, shopping, etc? All suggestions are welcome!

KathieI
10-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi Awe, Is this your first trip? We would love to get together with you to show you around. We'll be at RJ Gators on Saturday night for karaoke. You're welcome to join us. It doesn't start until 9:00pm after the square closes, but look for us on the dance floor. I'll pm you my phone number so we can try to connect. Have a safe trip to TV.... Kathie

KathieI
10-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi KathieI,

Thank you for volunteering to introduce me to what is available for singles at TV. I expect to arrive the afternoon of 9/25 and be around until 9/30.

Since it will be my very first visit I hope to get an initial overall impression of what TV is all about but since I am single I want to be sure TV has some single residents, welcomes singles and would offer a comfortable living environment for me. Most of all, I want to live among active, positive and upbeat people who enjoy life!

Hi Manabout, we haven't heard from you? What did you think of TV?? Hope you liked it and are planning to return. Please keep us posted... Kathie I.

In awe of TV
10-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Kathie,

I just sent you a PM.

:pepper2:

Linda

Bettiboop
10-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Kathie,

I just sent you a PM.

Linda

Linda, I was gonna suggest you contact Kathie and meet up with the gang at RJ Gators. I see you're already in touch with her...fantastic! You'll have a ball. :MOJE_whot:

ripwho
10-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Kathie,

I just sent you a PM.

Linda

Linda/'Awe' - I can confirm Kathie will help you out! Visited TV over Labor Day and she had me dancing before I ordered my first beer .... Good luck! Meet you soon!

manaboutown
10-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi Kathie and others, Visiting TV was quite an expeience. I have never seen anything like it! Since I knew someone living there she showed me around. My friend has lived in three separate houses in TV and knows it well. I found it a beautiful golfer's paradise and that people living there really enjoyed themselves. I attended the Sumter Singles monthly meeting featuring the dancers. I was astounded at the number of people there! To find if it is for me I will have to spend more time there.

eddj02
11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Kathie - I guess you are the one to talk to //// I am coming to the villages for six days starting 11/18/10..... and would like to learn more on where do the singles hang out wow forgot I am a retired male. anyhow I would realy like some info thanks eddj

chachacha
11-09-2010, 09:53 PM
well, happy to hear that manabouttown enjoyed his time here....as for edd, i guess kathie is too busy dancing to check this thread and since you are still waiting for some advice, i think kathie would tell you that some of us go to havana country club on tuesday night, most go to rjgators in lake sumter landing for karaoke on wed and sat nights after nine...katie belle's in spanish springs is always jumping.. check the websites for The Village Singles and for Sumter Singles for their activities while you are here...also check out live entertainment schedule under lifestyles on thevillages.com website...get a copy of the recreation news at any rec center and check out any club activities which might interest you that week...you will need a guest pass to go to rec centers or katie belle's. you will be so busy your head will spin!
have a great time...

eddj02
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM
CHACHACHA kathie did drop a note that said youwere the one to ask and I thank you for your note sorry I didnt catch it sooner -- hope to see you all later this week.. eddj:

phillygirl
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I will be down Tuesday through Sunday. Any singles events going on thanksgiving week? Thanks in advance for your recommendations. :wave:

chachacha
11-19-2011, 12:02 AM
tuesday night is a good night to be at City Fire (the old urban flats). actually there is a good crowd there every night since they have music. sunday the 27th is the Sumter Singles meeting at two thirty, potluck with dancing...and there is a singles dance at the American Legion that night, tickets $10 and i think you can get them at the door. are you having thanksgiving dinner with friends? both of the singles clubs have calendars posted on their websites for golf outings and other activities... the other big group is The Villages Singles but you might have to google for the websites, sorry...have fun!

phillygirl
11-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much chachacha. Can't wait to meet all of you. Thanksgiving my sister and I are going to dinner at Arnold Palmer. Of course Rez is for 830 but that's fine. Just hope they still have some Turkey left. Will check out Gators Wednesday and saturday!! Thanks again. And Happy Turkey Day to everyone on TOTV!!!

Jim Straz
11-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks so much chachacha. Can't wait to meet all of you. Thanksgiving my sister and I are going to dinner at Arnold Palmer. Of course Rez is for 830 but that's fine. Just hope they still have some Turkey left. Will check out Gators Wednesday and saturday!! Thanks again. And Happy Turkey Day to everyone on TOTV!!!
I'll be at City Fire Tuesday night as well. RJ Gators is wild on Satrurday nights and we have some real talent here that can sing.

phillygirl
11-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Hope to check out city fire Tuesday as well!!

chachacha
11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
i have not been to gators in a long time so not even sure if they still do the karaoke, but if not, come on over to city fire...also, don't miss the lovely holiday programs at church on the square beginning on thanksgiving at six pm...$2 donation goes to food pantry...katie belle's is always fun, too...glad to hear jim straz will be back in town! catch him for a dance if you can!

Single Track
11-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi from your friend up north in Philadelphia. It's a totally boring Saturday night up here and it's getting colder each week. I had so much fun with you and your friends at Tierra del Sol and with all of the other activities in TV, that now it's such a letdown. Nothing in the world can compare to TV whether you're married or single and I really miss it. Can't wait for the Spring when I can retire and move there.
Hope you and all the other nice people I met (Bill & Charles) have a terrific Thanksgiving. I miss all of you.
Trudy

chachacha
11-20-2011, 02:11 AM
i guess this answers the question posed in this thread! spring will be here soon! we will save a place for you :)

2BNTV
11-20-2011, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE=Single Track;420070] Nothing in the world can compare to TV whether you're married or single and I really miss it.

That says it all. :)

KathieI
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
RJ Gator's in Lake Sumter does not have music on Wed nights any longer, only on Saturday nights, 9 to 11:30pm. Yes, Jim, I agree, we have some of the finest singers here in the Villages.. I've been saying that for years.

City Fire is also rockin' on Friday nights. If you like Blues and Boogie, stop over to McCalls on Tues and Friday nights for LIVE blues bands, absolutely fantastic!!!

There will be a music and dance show at the Legion on Nov. 30. All are welcome. Admission is $10, music by the fabulous Ralph DiNome and Patrick Atkinson. Hot dogs and hamburgers available for purchase. Cash Bar. Dance floor is huge and there will be plenty of dancing... :pepper2:

phillygirl
11-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Kathie. Where is McCalls? Is it in TV? Thanks so much and hope to meet you all this week.

Jim Straz
11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
RJ Gator's in Lake Sumter does not have music on Wed nights any longer, only on Saturday nights, 9 to 11:30pm. Yes, Jim, I agree, we have some of the finest singers here in the Villages.. I've been saying that for years.

City Fire is also rockin' on Friday nights. If you like Blues and Boogie, stop over to McCalls on Tues and Friday nights for LIVE blues bands, absolutely fantastic!!!

There will be a music and dance show at the Legion on Nov. 30. All are welcome. Admission is $10, music by the fabulous Ralph DiNome and Patrick Atkinson. Hot dogs and hamburgers available for purchase. Cash Bar. Dance floor is huge and there will be plenty of dancing... :pepper2:

Thanks for the information Kathie, and I'll be gone on the 30th. McCalls is at Spanish Springs square.

chachacha
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
yes, mccall's is around the corner from katie belle's, attached to the big bowling alley....don't forget the singles dance on the 27th at american legion, too...we just don't die of old age here, we die of exhaustion! :)

rubicon
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM

Bob

manaboutown: sorry to inform you but you haven't got a prayer because everyone knows Mr. Midnight has the town locked up

RiteLucky
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
If you fellows enjoy dancing and would like to learn some ballroom dance, a new club was just formed to dance from 3-4:20 the second and fourth Fridays of each month at La Hacienda Rec. Center. Gene'o teaches basic patterns and some more advanced steps. It just started two weeks ago and needs more men for we women that love to dance!! I've found it a great way to meet other singles and we go dancing at The Pub after!!