PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE tell me "its ok!"

nONIE
08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
OMG! I hate myself so much today, I really feel like crawling under my bed and staying there for a few days. Or mabe someone should sit me in the corner with a dunce cap on! I deserve it. I need to be punished!

Last night around 10:00 I got this insatiable overwhelming urge for some icecream! There was a 1/2 gallon of butter pecan in the freezer. I did the unthinkable and started eating it out of the carton and DIDNT STOP Until every drop was gone! OMG, I have never done anything like this before and Im mortified beyond words!

Well, I knew I had to finish it because I had dipped my spoon in it a gazillion times!!!! That wouldnt be sanitary to put it back in the freezer woud it?

PLEASE PLEASE tell me Ill get over this , well mabe I will but my butt and hips never will!!!!!!!!!!::faint::

Whalen
08-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Don't worry, you did the right thing. Actually you had no choice but to finish the whole thing. First, as you said it wouldn't be sanitary as you ate from the container and second, it's a sin to waste food so you had to eat it all.
Ice cream 1,000 calories
Two good deeds, priceless.
Good deeds cancel out calories.

Bettiboop
08-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Did you drink a diet soda with it? That would have cancelled everything out. :a20:

conn8757
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Call it brunch and don't worry about it - we have all done something like that at one time ---start by eating just the soft part and then away you go.

Julie
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Given that you're under a lot of stress right now, these little indiscretions will pop up from time to time. Instead of thinking about all the negatives think on the positive side of things:

1. You didn't steal an ice cream cone out of the hands of a child.
2. You only ate one half gallon.
3. Even if your hips don't lie...remember the whale story? Visible proof that
you're brilliant!!!

I'm sure there are many more positive's I could come up with but, alas, I'm headed to my favorite ice cream store to buy myself a half gallon. :icon_hungry:

mgm4444
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Nonie - isn't it funny how we have the utmost sympathy and compassion for our friends, and not nearly enough for ourselves? Take a looong walk (it's hot in NY, you're sure to burn some calories!! - take some H2O w/you) - and while you're walking, think about what YOU would say to YOUR friend if she did the same thing. I bet you wouldn't tell her she had to sit in the corner with a dunce cap on .. right? Forgive yourself.

SUNNYMARYANN
08-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Nonie it does not count if it was Butter Pecan. Trust me! Would I lie?

sandybill2
08-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Nonie, I have done it myself -- my favorite is Black Jack Cherry Frozen "Yogurt" Publix brand. Cherries with chocolate pieces in it--my oh my!!!!! I guess I think because it is "yogurt" it's not as bad for you. Ha. I also have always been told if no one sees you eat something the calories don't count. I have told myself numerous other things too and I firmly believe what I have been told about clothes shrinking in Florida closets. I have lived in Florida/Villages for two years and I can show you the ones that my closet has shrunk.

JeanneBeannie
08-21-2009, 12:11 PM
My dear sweet Nonie....no need for the dunce cap :jester:, with all you have been going thru with selling, moving etc. etc. I would say you deserved it! Wish I had been there to join you, but we would have had to go to the store for another half gallon for me too lol. :1rotfl:
I bet you had a big ole smile on your face while enjoing each and every spoonful! No guilt needed...you go girl!!! :pepper2:

jblum8156
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Now if you'd eaten it at midnight you'd be OK because midnight calories don't count (metabolism can't tell which day it is).
Also broken cookies don't count.
Anything you share with a friend doesn't count.
And anything you eat from someone else's plate at a restaurant doesn't count.
These are the rules from ancient times.

Jeannie
08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Sorry that you ate the whole half gallon by yourself. There should have been someone to share it with:) You'll get over it! Anyhow can I please change the subject? I am looking into moving down TV. I am coming down in October and was wondering what does the 6 month and 12 month membership cost to join? Thanks,

JeanneBeannie
08-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Well...I know I am not there "yet", but one time my sister had a ice cream party...and she said it was one of the best parties she ever had!!!
So one of these days we can have all the ice cream and toppings we want!!! :pepper2:
And I will make sure we have Butter Pecan Nonie :girlneener:.
Thank you Nonie...now we will have a great party in your honor! :icon_hungry:.

nONIE
08-21-2009, 05:47 PM
HAHAHA! The sad part about all this Jeanne is, I dont really like butter Pecan that much, I love peanut butter fudge ice cream! :undecided:

chelsea24
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Nonie Macaroni! You're such a dear friend and I love you so much.... I can't let you suffer alone! I'm going to grab my Maple Nut as we speak! :crap2:

Don't worry my sweetie, all will be well. The Universe is smiling on you saying "that treat was meant for you. You deserve it for all the hard work you've been doing."

Never fear Nonie, I'm going to get my gallon now.... hang on, dear friend, you'll never be alone!!! ::beer3::)

graciegirl
08-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Chelsea's right. I will help you with this box of chocolate ice cream. What are friends for? I hate to see a person imbibing alone.

Graeters. Boomer will understand.

I need to get back to TV to calm myself down.

KathieI
08-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks Ladies I just started a diet yesterday, stop talking about ice cream... ummmmmmmm!

Jeanne (not Beannie) - I just joined the Wellness Center yesterday and they have a bunch of pricing opportunities. It goes from General Membership to Matinee Membership to Twilight Membership, and of course, different prices for singles and couples. The cheapest is Twilight Member for a single is $40 for a month. Hope this helps. If you want more specifics, let me know.

nONIE
08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Nonie Macaroni! You're such a dear friend and I love you so much.... I can't let you suffer alone! I'm going to grab my Maple Nut as we speak! :crap2:

Don't worry my sweetie, all will be well. The Universe is smiling on you saying "that treat was meant for you. You deserve it for all the hard work you've been doing."

Never fear Nonie, I'm going to get my gallon now.... hang on, dear friend, you'll never be alone!!! ::beer3::)

Thanks Chels, your a hell of a friend!!!! Count on me to help you out of your next jam too!!:a20:

escapequeen
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM
nONIe, step away from the guilt, step away from the guilt. {>D

Donna
08-21-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/screamicecreamf.gif (http://www.millan.net)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/chocolate.gif (http://www.millan.net)

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/cheesecakesmile1.gif (http://www.millan.net)

JeanneBeannie
08-21-2009, 07:45 PM
LOL LOL LOL Donna!! :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Where did you get all those yummy desserts??

It's snack time girls....lets eat!! :icon_hungry:

sschuler1
08-21-2009, 07:47 PM
You just need to get down here with us, and we can all work it off together. Maybe say, in a belly dancing class?

Julie
08-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Donna you are evil! :girlneener::boxing2:

chelsea24
08-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks Chels, your a hell of a friend!!!! Count on me to help you out of your next jam too!!:a20:

...I'm sorry... did you say JAM??? Yummmmmmmmmm!!!! Yes! We can split a pot of grape!!! :icon_hungry: :laugh:

nONIE
08-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Miss Chelsea,

now how did I know you were gonna say that the minute I wrote the word "Jam"???? You and I have a 1 track mind g/f!:girlneener:

Boomer
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Nonie, it's OK.

Think of all that calcium to help your bones.

When I read your confession just now, I started wishing I could do the same thing. But there is no ice cream in the house.

In Cincinnati we have Graeter's. It has been around since 1870.

Next to the desk where I am writing this, I can see my Graeter's clock. That's right. My Graeter's clock. It is an exquisitely tacky piece of decor and I love it. There is a different flavor ice cream cone for each number.

This stuff is so good that for out-of-town company, I sometimes serve hot fudge sundaes made with Graeter's vanilla ice cream and Graeter's sauce, too. You can't come to Cincinnati without trying Graeter's. That is the law here.

Here is a link to their website. If you click on the ice cream cone and go to the next page, there is a place near the upper right that says, "See More." Click there and then scroll down and see the little ice cream cones with all the flavors, and you can click on them and make them bigger. My favorite is chocolate chip. If you click on that one, you will see how big the chocolate chips are.

Well, if you have read this far, you now know more than you ever wanted to know about Graeter's.......or do you? If you click around the website some more, you will find that you can have this stuff shipped to you.

http://www.graeters.com/

So Nonie, I understand completely. I am a weak woman when it comes to ice cream. And I cannot resist Graeter's. I know my way around ice cream, and this stuff has to be the best.

Aw c'mon, girls, just admit it. You know you want to have some of this stuff shipped to you wherever you are. Oprah has been known to do just that.

Boomer

Halle
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Nonie,

I just read this and I'm sure you are over your guilt by now.

If not GET OVER IT!! :girlneener:

Chocolate Peanut Butter is also Robb's favorite, but right now he is on a Ben and Jerry's Magic Brownie kick. Robb always eats the entire pint. It drives him crazy that I can make my pint last for days. I prefer Ben and Jerry's New York Chocolate Chunk Fudge. Yummie!!

chelsea24
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Nonie, it's OK.

Think of all that calcium to help your bones.

When I read your confession just now, I started wishing I could do the same thing. But there is no ice cream in the house.

In Cincinnati we have Graeter's. It has been around since 1870.

Next to the desk where I am writing this, I can see my Graeter's clock. That's right. My Graeter's clock. It is an exquisitely tacky piece of decor and I love it. There is a different flavor ice cream cone for each number.

This stuff is so good that for out-of-town company, I sometimes serve hot fudge sundaes made with Graeter's vanilla ice cream and Graeter's sauce, too. You can't come to Cincinnati without trying Graeter's. That is the law here.

Here is a link to their website. If you click on the ice cream cone and go to the next page, there is a place near the upper right that says, "See More." Click there and then scroll down and see the little ice cream cones with all the flavors, and you can click on them and make them bigger. My favorite is chocolate chip. If you click on that one, you will see how big the chocolate chips are.

Well, if you have read this far, you now know more than you ever wanted to know about Graeter's.......or do you? If you click around the website some more, you will find that you can have this stuff shipped to you.

http://www.graeters.com/

So Nonie, I understand completely. I am a weak woman when it comes to ice cream. And I cannot resist Graeter's. I know my way around ice cream, and this stuff has to be the best.

Aw c'mon, girls, just admit it. You know you want to have some of this stuff shipped to you wherever you are. Oprah has been known to do just that.

Boomer

Ms. Boomer!!! I am not happy with you at all! Not one little bit! The minute I bookmarked the Graeter's page, it was all over! Yes! SEND SOME came next, without batting an eye! This ice cream looks simply irresistible! So I didn't even try! Arghhhh! :oops:

Now you must come to TV and run 2 miles with me! Well, maybe just a block. Well, we can wave to each other..... sigh... seriously, thanks for the yummy new treat. :sigh:

Barefoot
08-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Now if you'd eaten it at midnight you'd be OK because midnight calories don't count (metabolism can't tell which day it is).
Also broken cookies don't count.
Anything you share with a friend doesn't count.
And anything you eat from someone else's plate at a restaurant doesn't count.
These are the rules from ancient times.

Also, calories don't count if you eat them while standing up at the kitchen counter. Another rule from ancient times.

Nonie, look on the positive side. Icecream is a good food. It keeps us plumped up so our skin won't wrinkle up like a prune.

F16 1UB
08-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Poor Bernie - I hope this is the only dilemma you have to deal with. nONIE could want a German Shepard pup!!! :evil6: On the other hand, you can always blame the dog for eating the ice cream. :smiley:

Donna
08-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Let's go girls....Come and get it>>>>>>>>http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/piesmiley1.gif (http://www.millan.net)

JeanneBeannie
08-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Donna you are killen me over here with those funny pictures lol lol!!
:1rotfl::mademyday::1rotfl:

Jeannie
08-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Thanks for getting back to me about the "Wellness Center" KathieI. I really do appreciate it! Now I have an idea of what it costs. Does anyone know about the Spa that's in TV? I heard it's really nice and that you are treated like a queen for the day? I think it would be a nice place for me to take my daughter when she visits. What do you think?

nONIE
08-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Nonie,

I just read this and I'm sure you are over your guilt by now.

If not GET OVER IT!! :girlneener:

Chocolate Peanut Butter is also Robb's favorite, but right now he is on a Ben and Jerry's Magic Brownie kick. Robb always eats the entire pint. It drives him crazy that I can make my pint last for days. I prefer Ben and Jerry's New York Chocolate Chunk Fudge. Yummie!!

Oh Halle,

I wish I could say I am over my guilt, but its still there big as life, just like my butt!

I heard it taskes 2 0r 3 days for the fat to settle into your body and put the weight on. So I keep staring at my thighs and I swear there is more cellulite now then before I ate the icecream and my clothes seem tighter now. It wasant worth it!!! I dont even like Butter Pecan very much. There is no justifying this. I will just have to walk around fat and guilty for awhile. I hope I learned a lesson from this. :sigh:

GERALDINE
08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
OMG! I hate myself so much today, I really feel like crawling under my bed and staying there for a few days. Or mabe someone should sit me in the corner with a dunce cap on! I deserve it. I need to be punished!

Last night around 10:00 I got this insatiable overwhelming urge for some icecream! There was a 1/2 gallon of butter pecan in the freezer. I did the unthinkable and started eating it out of the carton and DIDNT STOP Until every drop was gone! OMG, I have never done anything like this before and Im mortified beyond words!

Well, I knew I had to finish it because I had dipped my spoon in it a gazillion times!!!! That wouldnt be sanitary to put it back in the freezer woud it?

PLEASE PLEASE tell me Ill get over this , well mabe I will but my butt and hips never will!!!!!!!!!!::faint::

You are tooooo funny!! I've never done that but I can guarantee you, you're not alone. One little slip does not a disaster make. Your own quote says basically that "love conquers all"...so just love yourself enough to say "hey, I enjoyed that ice cream and I deserved that ice cream and today I'll eat healthier". Give yourself permission to ENJOY and then just do it.

PR1234
08-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I have to say I have never done that with Ice creme BUT only because I have some Lactose problems.....now pies or brownies...YES I have to admit I have eaten the whole thing:icon_hungry::icon_hungry: I have even gone so far as to make Lemon Bars BECAUSE none of my family likes them:pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

another Linda
08-22-2009, 07:04 PM
I just love this thread! It means I have so much company. My MO is a bit different -- I'm just cleaning up the edges you see. Pies are specially prone to needing their edges cleaned. You just have to take a clean spoon and scrape off all the fruit that has seeped out so it is nice and neat. If you put the spoon in the dishwasher, presto the kitchen is in great shape. But 5 minutes later the pie is a mess again, so you have to get another spoon and ... After about 3 times of this, the crust has collapsed so now you need to take a knife and cut off the collapsed edges. But the seeping continues so yet another spoon. Unfortunately this continues until there are no clean utensils to be had and no pie left. Sigh. Just more of me to love.

Boomer
08-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Ms. Boomer!!! I am not happy with you at all! Not one little bit! The minute I bookmarked the Graeter's page, it was all over! Yes! SEND SOME came next, without batting an eye! This ice cream looks simply irresistible! So I didn't even try! Arghhhh! :oops:

Now you must come to TV and run 2 miles with me! Well, maybe just a block. Well, we can wave to each other..... sigh... seriously, thanks for the yummy new treat. :sigh:

Hi Chelsea,

Uh oh.....I hope you like Graeter's ice cream a lot. I bet you will. Maybe it will turn out to be your favorite ever. I hope you ordered at least one of the chocolate chip flavors.

But what's this I hear about running? Running! RUNNING! Uh oh. Uh oh. Uh oh. I am in trouble.

But Chelsea, here's the deal. Really. I use Graeter's ice cream for medicinal purposes only. It is a wonderful stress reliever. And last week was such a stressful week.

(And please don't ask about how that V8 thing, that I went on and on about here, went last week. Graeter's does not have V8 as one of their flavors.)

Remember when I told all about how I am writing a diet book, inspired by the words of Scarlett O'Hara. I am calling the book The Fiddle-Dee-Dee Diet -- "Tomorrow Is Another Day."

I am really, really good at my diet, been on it forever, and so maybe it is time to share it with the world.

I have been doing more research lately. I might do an entire chapter on Graeter's ice cream. About its medicinal properties you know. Of course, that's it. Medicinal purposes only.

But Wait! -- I think I already did. I wrote that whole chapter. Just last week. Including last night. Ohhhhh, Fiddle-Dee-Dee. Tomorrow is another day. (And Nonie, it's still OK.)

Boomer

Bettiboop
08-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I might do an entire chapter on Graeter's ice cream. About its medicinal properties you know. Of course, that's it. Medicinal purposes only

Not only medicinal, but ice cream is probably one of the main food groups...isn't it?!?:shrug::a20:

ronsroni
05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Each time you dunk the spoon into the container is a calorie burning effort and you were working while you ate. Honest to Pepsi, the world did not come to an end, no one is dead as a result of these actions. I hope that you enjoyed it and that this is not a daily event cuz THEN you'd feel poorly as well. Good to the last drop, I hope. LIGHTEN UP. We are only here for a visit. Splurge sometimes. I hope you are ok and that this is not just a way to legitimize a habit. The only one we fool is ourselves. I LOVE chocolate and coffee. YUM.

ssmith
05-02-2012, 09:36 PM
HI Ronzroni, Not sure but did you realize this thread has come to life after a couple of years? See the date in the upper left hand corner...it is at least 3 years old. So don't worry about poor Nonie....she is still not eating that ice cream!

Deniselmenna
05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
No nie. Sounds like a great night to me. Think of it this way. If you died in your sleep wouldn't you be glad you finished the ice cream

lovsthosebigdogs
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
What you ladies need is a good diet- The Oreo Diet. It will help you deal with all the stress that builds up during the day.

Instructions for Stress Diet
BREAKFAST:
1/2 grapefruit
1 slice whole wheat toast
8 oz. skim milk

LUNCH:
4 oz. lean broiled chicken breast
1 cup steamed spinach
1 cup herb tea
1 Oreo cookie

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK:
The rest of Oreos in the package
2 pints Rocky Road ice cream, nuts, cherries and whipped cream
1 jar hot fudge sauce

DINNER:
2 loaves garlic bread
4 cans or 1 large pitcher Coke
1 large sausage, mushroom and cheese pizza
3 Snickers bars

LATE EVENING NEWS:
Entire frozen Sara Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from freezer)
RULES FOR THIS DIET:
1. If you eat something and no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
2. If you drink a diet soda with a candy bar, the diet soda cancels out the calories in the candy bar.
3. When you eat with someone else, calories don't count if you do not eat more than they do.
4. Food used for medicinal purposes NEVER counts, such as hot chocolate, brandy, toast and Sara Lee Cheesecake.
5. If you fatten up everyone else around you, then you look thinner.
6. Movie related foods do not have additional calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel. (Examples: Milk Duds, buttered popcorn, Junior Mints, Red Hots and Tootsie Rolls.)
7. Cookie pieces contain no calories. The process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
8. Things licked off knives and spoons have no calories if you are in the process of preparing something.
9. Foods that have the same color have the same number of calories. (Examples: spinach and pistachio ice cream; mushrooms and mashed potatoes.)
10. Chocolate is a universal color and may be substituted for any other food color.
11. Anything consumed while standing has no calories. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
12. Anything consumed from someone else's plate has no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to his/her plate. (We ALL know how calories like to cling!)
Remember, "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts."

ssmith
05-03-2012, 07:50 PM
uuuuummmmm original post was in 09....I am sure nONIE is not still checking this one out. Cute post tho LoveThoseBigDogs.

MLBellis
05-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I read somewhere that is you close your eyes when you are eating...there are no calories!! :laugh:

rustyemerson
05-22-2012, 08:25 AM
You're going to be ok. Dont be too hard on yourself and incorporate small lifestyle changes. Your body is quite forgiving.

2BNTV
10-11-2012, 08:49 AM
It's OK. Last night I had a dream where I was eating a giant marshmellow.

I woke up and my pillow was gone. :jester:

These things happen.

graciegirl
10-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Above almost every quality in people I love a sense of humor.

I reread this old thread and laughed at so many posts from dear, sweet, funny people.

Nonie has been moved in for a long time and that ice cream is a memory.

But Nonie is still the sweetest and nicest person you could ever meet and a whole myriad of folks have helped her through a "difficult" time.

Now. I would like to confess my addiction to rum raisin ice cream from Publix.

My name is not Bill, but I am warning you, if you don't want to have to kick a nasty habit, leave the rum raisin ice cream from Publix alone.

ronsroni
10-22-2012, 04:42 AM
I would like to thank Nonie and every single poster here for their compassion, concern, sense of humor and detailed precision ni story-telling.
As I was reading all of the posts, my Klondike bar (vanilla) topped with a Fat Boy has melted into oblivion and, you guessed it! We are now OUT OF ICE CREAM soooooo.......!YOU SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!!!
I AM NOT WORTHY.
hold a sec.
Mmmmmmmm.
got it.
some dripped on my arm.
thanks again.

CFrance
10-22-2012, 06:35 AM
What would you do-ooo-oo for a Klondike Bar! Ah, memories of Pittsburgh and Isalys. I loved to bite the chocolate off the edges, then go for the middle.