PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a surgeon

JerryM
08-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I need a groin hernia repaired and am looking for recommendations of a surgeon.

JM

dillywho
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Fortunately, I have not personally had need of him, but I know several who have and they rave about him. They cannot say enough good about him. He is Derrik Martin and is located in the Sharon Morse Bldg. He literally saved my neighbor's life when other could not figure out what the problem was. If the time ever comes that I need a General Surgeon, he will definitely be my choice.

JerryM
08-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Thank you Dillywho. I looked him up on the internet and he seems to specialize in obesity surgery which I heard takes a special talent.

I am hoping to get a recommendation for a general surgeon hopefully that does a lot of hernias.

I'll se if my posting brings some other replies.

inholmdel
08-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Would recomend Dr. Robert Gallinaro in Ocala.
Several of my neighbors recommend him especially for hernia.

JerryM
09-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Thank you for your recommensation "INHOLMEDEL". I have an initial appointment with Dr. Gallinaro next week.

Jerry

dp000
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
My husband had hernia surgery done by Dr. Gerard Melanson. He is in the Sharon Morse bldg. He was great ! And, he has a nice bedside manner.

dillywho
09-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Thank you Dillywho. I looked him up on the internet and he seems to specialize in obesity surgery which I heard takes a special talent.

I am hoping to get a recommendation for a general surgeon hopefully that does a lot of hernias.

I'll se if my posting brings some other replies.

I met his wife at church recently, and mentioned this post to her. She said that he no longer specializes in obesity surgery, but does general surgery. In addition to my neighbor I mentioned in a previous post, I have talked to several at the church who have used him and highly recommend him and they did not have surgery for obesity.

JerryM
01-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Would recomend Dr. Robert Gallinaro in Ocala.
Several of my neighbors recommend him especially for hernia.

:eclipsee_gold_cup:Thank you Inholmdel. I used your recommendation and had my surgery performed by Dr. Gallinaro in Ocala. I found him to be a terrific person and after my final post-op visit today, I would recommend him to anyone.

JM

JerryM
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Put up a new post today

Jerry M