PDA

View Full Version : Tvrh

jazzy48
08-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I've read Talk of the Villages for awhile, but just joined to post. I know there have been threads about the hospital before and I just had to tell about my experience there.

My husband entered the hospital two weeks ago for lung cancer surgery. He was in a total of one week. In that entire week, I can't even begin to think of a complaint against this hospital or any of its staff. His care could not have been better. This includes all of the pre-surgery testing he had to go through up to his discharge.

There was never a wait for attention from a nurse and all of his doctors came by every day and always took their time to talk and answer questions.

We feel so fortunate to have gone through this ordeal in The Villages.

KathieI
08-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Jazzy, its nice to hear good things about our hospital, makes us feel more comfortable with our choice to live in TV. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's illness and I'm hoping and praying for a speedy recovery for him. Keep us posted!!

JeanneBeannie
08-31-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your husband's illness, I hope he will feel better soon and have a speedy full recovery.
It is very good to hear that you were pleased with the hospital it is very important, thank you for sharing it with us. Prayers for your husband.
Jeanne

katezbox
09-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I've read Talk of the Villages for awhile, but just joined to post. I know there have been threads about the hospital before and I just had to tell about my experience there.

My husband entered the hospital two weeks ago for lung cancer surgery. He was in a total of one week. In that entire week, I can't even begin to think of a complaint against this hospital or any of its staff. His care could not have been better. This includes all of the pre-surgery testing he had to go through up to his discharge.

There was never a wait for attention from a nurse and all of his doctors came by every day and always took their time to talk and answer questions.

We feel so fortunate to have gone through this ordeal in The Villages.

Jazzy,

Your positive experience was a mirror image of ours. My husband was admitted via the ER for chest pains - but the docs (and especially the hard-working nurses) made our stay comfortable and impressed us with their competence and professionalism.

One thing that could improve TVRH - our good friend Russ_Boston could come on down and work there! : -)

Kate

PS - In case you are thinking that I have no point of reference to frame a valid comparison... My last trip to the hospital was to a teaching hospital affiliated with a top 5 medical school in the US. The nursing staff there was also outstanding - the rest of the experi3ence made me feel I was being treated by the Keystone Cops.

suebanj
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I was in The Villages Hospital early July for Lung cancer surgery and was in there for 4 days. From Pre-surgery, surgery, ICU and then the regular floor I had the best of care. The one thing I was a little upset about was when they came in the first day after surgery to do a chest x-ray...OUCH...They could have gone a little more easier getting me to sit up...But I did tell the nurses about it and the next day was much better!
Overall, my experience at the hospital has always been good. The best part is though that it appears they got all the cancer and no treatment is needed.:clap2:

KathieI
09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Suebanj, such good news. So glad all turned out well for you!!http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/cheerleader.gif (http://www.millan.net)

JeanneBeannie
09-02-2009, 06:35 AM
That is wonderful news Suebanj!!! :pepper2:
I am sorry you had to go thru such an ordeal of suffering and worrying, but so glad to hear the positive outcome!! :coolsmiley:
Jeanne

katezbox
09-02-2009, 07:09 AM
that is wonderful news suebanj!!! :pepper2:
I am sorry you had to go thru such an ordeal of suffering and worrying, but so glad to hear the positive outcome!! :coolsmiley:
Jeanne

i agree!!!!