PDA

View Full Version : New Polaris Breeze

mommullr
09-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Has anyone seen the new Polaris Golf Cart? If so what do you think?

mac9
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I test drove the Polaris yesterday and was not impressed with it at all. Top speed is listed at 19.6 but my GPS indicated only 18 even going downhill. Also, there is a significant loss of power going uphill unlike the EZGO which compensates for uphill. The estimated distance is MAX 50 miles, depending upon payload. With 4 people it will be significantly less. Also the warranty is only 2 years. The price is close to $10k when the rear cover, sand bottles, etc are added. Good looking, but not worth it IMHO.

golfnut
09-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I would recommend you test drive the EZ GO RXV.....GN

gego3650
09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I bought yjt Alumacar last month for $ 7000 fully equiped. It goes 20.8 up or down a grade, has an alum frame, and looks great. They are in process of adding 2" spacing for the golf bag which will be nice. I feel its a great cart.

pooh
09-11-2009, 05:40 PM
mostly because I'm short and this particular cart fit me perfectly. The window split in our Par Car, which we really enjoyed (had 13 inch tires) was right in my direct line of sight so I was always tipping my head down or straining my neck up. The seat was too far from the gas and brake pedals. I loved being a passenger in the cart, but driving it was extremely uncomfortable for me.

The Breeze is expensive, I'll agree, and it doesn't have some things that our other cart had, but I think we will adjust. No cooler on the Breeze and as of this moment, not sure where the sand bottle will go. As for speed, we didn't seem to have a problem on our test drive and having a range of 50 miles shouldn't be a problem. We had 60 with the Par Car, though our batteries never got to the point where they were low. We would recharge every couple of days and will do so with this new one.

It is sort of like buying a "pig in a poke" sort of thing, this is the first golf cart for Polaris. We'll just have to wait and see.

Now I just have to wait a few more weeks for our cart to arrive....in the meantime, there's empty space in the garage...hope we don't fill it up with stuff before the Breeze arrives... ;)

mommullr
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. We are not in the Villages yet but are interested in this cart. Will you be able to add the cooler and sand bottle? How are the color choices? Are you keeping your Par Car as well? It sounds as though it was a good cart other than it didn't fit you.

pooh
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Thank you, hubby and I are looking forward to its arrival....especially since we did sell our Par Car and today the new owner picked it up.

We've had no trouble with our cart, it was a 2006, bought new. Hubby was sad to see it go, but a garage can only hold so much...lol.

We chose one of the standard colors, Pewter I believe it was called. There are a few standard colors...a red, blue, black, green, pewter, terra cotta, as well as many others that can be ordered at an additional cost. The configuration of the dashboard is a bit different....there is a large open area for storage and behind the front seat is another open storage area...not wide, but long. All seats have seat belts and putting down the rear seat is easy. The rear seats aren't particularly large, but there is a t bar that you raise for the back passengers to hold on to.

The Villages Golf Cars has offered us the use of a loaner until our new cart arrives. (They sell the Polaris at their Colony Cottage location on Rt 466A). Not certain, but I believe it will be a gas cart, one of those they use for rentals. We'll pick it up tomorrow. Used one of them when we visited years ago and didn't particularly care for them, but it will be a cart we can use if we need one during our wait. Luckily our friends know we are without cart, so for golf with the groups we play in, we've not been assigned to drive for the moment.

The sand bottle will be added, but we were told to wait until the location for the bottle is finally determined. Right now, it will be placed in one spot, but it's not certain that it will be the final location. As for the cooler, I see no place for one, but I have a small soft sided cooler that can be secured behind the front seats, atop that opening. It's just a tad too wide to put into that open area behind the front seats. In the winter, you don't need the cooler as much as you might in the summer. In the summer, the ambassadors do drive around the courses with water, and they do ask every group they see if they need to fill their water bottles.

Oh, I forgot, there are four cup holders up front, two for the driver, two for the passenger.

There are lots of good golf carts available and everyone has their own personal preference. When you get here, you'll be busy looking for the one that's right for you, be it new or used. Have fun.

golf2140
09-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm going to wait at least a year to see how the cart holds up to the demand that we put on them. Since it's a new vehicle, let's hope there are no bugs.

pooh
09-12-2009, 07:55 PM
That's a reasonable thing to do, wait for a year. I was just having such an uncomfortable time driving, that when I sat in the Breeze and found it to be a good "fit" for me, we decided to buy.

Who knows, by the time the next year model is ready, there could be body style adjustments, allowing for the sand bottle and a cooler. Hopefully, the body, motor, batteries, etc. will function well.

snitzel
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I know this is a very stupid question, but what is a sand bottle?

George

pooh
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
It's not a stupid question. A sand bottle is a plastic type two part bottle, about 16 to 18 inches tall, with a narrow opening at the top. It is filled with sand that is contained in bins at most of the tees on the golf course. When one hits their ball and takes a divot of grass and the grass piece isn't replaced because it isn't in one piece, the sand is applied to the damaged area. It helps the grass regrow in that area. http://www.ancogolfcars.com/images/accessories/Sand_bottle.jpg

katezbox
09-13-2009, 05:47 PM

George

AND you are one of only a few folks on this forum (guessing here) who knows what a quahog is....

pooh
09-13-2009, 05:55 PM
LOL...I do, too. Even though I lived in CA for 33 years, I was born in MA and lived there for 27 years. Grew up at the beach. Loved to dig for those shelled beasties, but I REALLY don't like their taste... :)

dp000
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
We, too, checked out the new Polaris Breeze. We found it to be very inferior, compared to our Yamaha. We checked out a brand new one, and one of the metal brackets (clicks down to hold the extra seat) was totally rusted. The back edge of the seat was all torn from raising it to see the batteries. And, this was brand new ! We, also, watched the video of a person getting up into the "back" seat, and it wobbled and seemed very "flimsy". This is definitely not the quality that you would want for the price. Check it out VERY closely before investing that kind of $$ in it. We have had 3 Yamahas since we've lived here and are getting ready to order our 4th. We checked out the Polaris, with the possibility of ordering it, instead of a Yamaha. No brainer....another Yamaha for us !! Perhaps, after a few years of "fine tuning" the Polaris, it will compete with the others, but not yet !

pooh
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Curious, why are you on your 4th Yamaha golf cart? It's a good cart, but driving it isn't particularly comfortable for me. Have you been here a long time and have "worn out carts"... :) or do you just trade up every few years?

handieman
09-13-2009, 08:20 PM

George

Its for older folks who can't remember how to get back to where they came from..........pour a thin line of sand while you drive and follow the line back home.:evil6:
Seriuosly, and this is hard for me to be, its to fill the divot (hole) in the ground you left with your iron (golf club) so the grass will fill in the space.

Handie

dp000
09-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Pooh....here is the story of our 4 golf carts. We moved here 5 years ago and we both got reconditioned Yamahas. (We are a 2-cart family.) 5 years later, we are both buying "new" carts.

pooh
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Pooh....here is the story of our 4 golf carts. We moved here 5 years ago and we both got reconditioned Yamahas. (We are a 2-cart family.) 5 years later, we are both buying "new" carts.

Congratulations on your new carts! I wish we had room for two in our garage, but until hubby gets rid of some stuff, it's one cart only for us.

I assume you're getting your carts from The Villages Golf Cars. They do seem to be a good company to deal with. Since they take such good care of their Yamaha customers, I don't expect any less with their Breeze customers. If difficulties arise, I expect resolution without a problem. ( If I were a few inches taller, we'd still have our ParCar...we've had no difficulties with it.)

Enjoy that new cart smell and feel.

mdjhomes
10-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

angel222
10-07-2009, 06:42 AM
I ordered the Polaris and am waiting for it to be delivered soon.....The ride was very smooth to me and physically thats important for me. After reading these posts, I'm really nervous now - big investment for me. I gave them a deposit for the order and now I guess I'm stuck. I pray this works out to be good since it was very expensive. I had a Polaris snow mobile upstate NY for years with no problem ever and alot of abuse from my three kids so I'm hoping the quality will be the same in the golf cart. Does anyone know if it doesn't work out if the Village Golf Cart place will give a trade in for a Yamaha? Or should I find out before I accept delivery??:confused:

gego3650
10-07-2009, 07:40 AM
A bottle of sand. My alumacart has 2 ( two ).When you take a divot you are to fill the hole in the grass.