PDA

View Full Version : Star Golf Carts?

florlrl
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi all and I'd like your help!

We are new to TV and contemplating the street legal Star Cart as the tax credit that they offer is $5335. Our tax person said we'd qualify for the tax credit and Star has a letter from the Treasury Dept stating that they qualify for this credit in that amount. Is anyone familiar with Star? I don't see too many models in TV and I would appreciate an update on customer satisfaction. Thanks very much for your help.

GatorFan
09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Just a suggestion-call you auto insurance company and get a tentative quote. Premium much different than a golf cart premium.

tamike
09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Golf Cart Connection just recently seperated their business relationship with the Star Company. Star Car has way too many problems to go into here, but just a word of caution is about all I can say.

NJblue
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Golf Cart Connection just recently seperated their business relationship with the Star Company. Star Car has way too many problems to go into here, but just a word of caution is about all I can say.

Don't you think if you are going to slam someone's business that it would be appropriate to provide corroborating details?

BTW, when we went into Golf Cart Connection they didn't say that the "separated their business relationship" with Star. They said that they lost their franchise. Two different things.

RVRoadie
09-23-2009, 09:01 AM
You should be careful about getting an LSV just for the tax credit. If you want an LSV, it is a great deal. But if you don't, take a look a the extra cost over 5-10 years. I got a quote from Allstate for an LSV and it was around $65 per month. Plus add in the fees for License Plates and annual registration, and that tax credit is long gone after about 5 years.

I imagine you can just register it as an LSV for the first year, then drop back to golf cart status. Might violate some IRS rule, but can't imagine you would get caught.

otherbruddaDarrell
09-23-2009, 11:39 AM
I went back to a regular golf cart after having a low speed electric vehicle. The insurance cost as much as a car plus you have to have plates, wear seatbelts, etc. (I had an LC3, 4 passenger)
I can get to most places almost as quick as I did before without the extra costs.
Lo speeds are legal to 25mph, not that much more then a golf cart......besides, I am not in a hurry now that I live in TV
Lots of people have Stars, Gem cars, Par cars etc.
We have a yamaha gas and a clubcar electric now.:beer3:

NJblue
09-23-2009, 12:08 PM
You should be careful about getting an LSV just for the tax credit. If you want an LSV, it is a great deal. But if you don't, take a look a the extra cost over 5-10 years. I got a quote from Allstate for an LSV and it was around $65 per month. Plus add in the fees for License Plates and annual registration, and that tax credit is long gone after about 5 years.

I imagine you can just register it as an LSV for the first year, then drop back to golf cart status. Might violate some IRS rule, but can't imagine you would get caught.

That's weird, I called Allstate and they quoted me $120 - 160 per YEAR based on amount of coverage desired.

Using their figures (assuming 140/year), after 5 years, the total cost (including registration/tags) is $1325 versus $300 for a golf cart (assuming insurance for $60/year). This means an extra cost of $1025 over 5 years - which means a net savings of over $4,000 once the tax credit of $5,400 is figured in.

Yes, you are "required" to wear a seat belt, but I find that to be a good thing. I think people who ride around in their golf cart without one are taking a big risk and I would have to pay more for a golf cart with them added. Besides, now when I take a guest in the cart I can "blame" the state for making him wear a seat belt - thus lowering my risk of being sued for his medical expenses in the case of an accident.

mac9
09-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Interesting insurance quote. I called my agent and he tried 3 different companies. All ranged between $500-$600. Of course, it is also based on the value of the cart, so I estimated the value to be between $8500-$9500 for the Star car based on the extras that I would have put on. Remeber also that the new DMV costs are $225 charge for the first time registration PLUS the $45 actual registration cost. I currently have an EZGO electric cart for which I am paying $56/year for insurance through Foremost. Can't believe that all of the extra cost is worth the 4 MPH that I would gain!

NJblue
09-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Can't believe that all of the extra cost is worth the 4 MPH that I would gain!

Yup, without the federal subsidy, I wouldn't even consider it. However, if the feds in their infinite wisdom want to throw over $5K at me, it becomes somewhat of a no-brainer - as long as the insurance is in the range that I was quoted. I called back and am awaiting confirmation of that rate.

NJblue
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Just talked to Allstate again. They seem to be in a state of flux with respect to what they are quoting and the distinction between a golf cart and an LSV. They acknowledged that when I called several weeks ago that they were quoting 120-160, but they said that they were then writing them up as golf carts. Since then, with all of the increased attention as a result of the tax credit Allstate has decided that since it must be registered and licensed they have to charge a higher rate corresponding to an auto policy. So, they are now quoting $440 as their lowest policy. However, they are trying to work through the corporate bureaucracy and get that reduced since the risk factor between an LSV and a golf cart driven in the villages is very similar.

Even with the higher insurance rate, the 5-year cost picture is still $2500 in favor of an LSV over a golf cart.

tamike
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry Blue just can't say anything more.. Just saying talk to those owners on the square and you will see and also talk to the area cart wholesalers and you will find out quickly what I am refering to.

wmchale
09-23-2009, 08:20 PM
you forget to add in the extra cost of the lsv between 1000 and 2000 over
golf cart and you still forgetting to add in the yearly registration fee's
sound to me more like a push

NJblue
09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
you forget to add in the extra cost of the lsv between 1000 and 2000 over
golf cart and you still forgetting to add in the yearly registration fee's
sound to me more like a push

The LSV package is $500 and I did include the registration fees.

NJblue
09-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Sorry Blue just can't say anything more.. Just saying talk to those owners on the square and you will see and also talk to the area cart wholesalers and you will find out quickly what I am refering to.

I understand the point about talking to current owners. I talked to my neighbor who is happy with his, but perhaps a larger sample would be appropriate. However, the part about the area "wholesalers" has me confused. First, who are area wholesalers? I'm only aware of retailers. Secondly, if there actually are wholesalers they are competitors of Star. Why would I ever believe what a competitor says about their rivals?

NJblue
09-24-2009, 09:35 AM
You may want to look at other LSV's that are not Chinese made and give you more for your dollar. Take care kar guy

We have looked at Par Car, Tomberlin and GEM. They all suffered from severe lack of leg room. The best cart from a leg room perspective was the Club Car DS. Unfortunately, they don't have an LSV package.

Golfcartguy
09-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Hello all. I would like to let you good folks know first hand about the "Star" brand golf carts. I personally would only choose to have one as a "last resort" to walking. They may look nice on the outside and have a appealing LSV option but don't be fooled. The are very poorly made Chinese "knock offs" of the much better built american carts. (Club Car, Yamaha, and E-Z-Go) They have very poorly engineered electrical components as well as below standard steering and drive train parts. For what me "two cent" is worth, be warned.. I am well seasoned in all fields of golf carts and trust me, don't buy one. Thanks to all who read this. Have a wonderful day.

NJblue
09-25-2009, 08:32 PM
So, you want to use your very first post on TOTV to provide "first hand" information about the Star Car. But, then you don't provide any first hand knowledge. I wonder why.

pickleball bill
09-26-2009, 11:45 PM
A star car is chinese junk. Way to many prblems.

Golfcartguy
09-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Yes, I did infact choose to inform everyone on how much of a piece of Chinese Junk a STAR car is for my first post. As far as my first hand dealings with Star cars, where do I begin. I can honestly say that I have more Hands on time with Star carts than 99% of the people that use this forum. First off, Most places that DID sell them stopped for a good reason. They spent more time fixing warranty issues than selling the product. What kind of warranty issues you may ask? Replacing brand new brake components, rear end components or entire rear ends, multiple electrical components and entire wiring harnesses. Even better, what about having a spindle shear off? Does that sound fun to you? I have personally repaired countlessl Star carts that were still under "factory warranty" but there is just one thing. I don't warranty them as i don't sell them. Its pretty bad when you buy a Brand New golf cart with a warranty and something goes wrong and you have to pay a private person such as myself to repair it because the company that sold it to you either went under or made a choice to discontinue the sales of these carts. Honestly, what would I have to gain by coming to the forum and lying? I wouldn't gain a thing, that why im here to prevent people from blowing the money they have saved all their lives on these junk cart. Anyone on here can ask me ANYTHING about any golf cart made and I will give you the most honest answer you could ever want. Thanks for reading and have a good one.

champion6
09-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks for posting, Golfcarguy - a somewhat rough start, but what the heck. Don't be a stranger. We can always use the input from dealers and service techs, as well as cart owners.

Come back often and contribute your experience.

under55
09-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Do you have to register the LSV to get the tax credit? Or can you just buy a LSV that meets the criteria for the tax credit get the credit and not register the vehicle just use it like a regular golf cart?

days2go
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Golfcartguy, thank you for your clear and informative post. From what I read you have no dog in the fight. Those of us who are in the dark about golf cart particulars are greatful to read posts from someone who actually knows what he's talking about. Please don't let a couple of know it alls prevent you from addressing any future questions. Keep up the good work.

otherbruddaDarrell
09-27-2009, 07:54 PM
:shrug:I might be wrong, but I think that if you buy a LSV it has a title and must be registered.
also you will need a drivers license to operate it.
If you get stopped or have an accident and they find it was not registered you can end up paying big fines and a possible suspension of your drivers license.
It is something you might want to check on first before making a decision one way or the other.

florlrl
09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for all your advice on the LSV and Star cart. In checking out the potential additional costs, I called State Farm agent who quoted me approx. $180-200 annually. She equated it to policies currently being written for the Tomberlin street legal cart. But, after reading the difference between the Allstate quotes, I might reconsider. Thanks again--good advice. I'll make a decision soon!

wmchale
09-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Buy American and kept the jobs in the US

fsafety220
10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks golfcartguy.
We wish we had seen this before we bought our Star cart. We have had some problems with our cart but the dealer was very good about servicing it, however, one of the problems was never solved. Now that a new retailer has taken over, we cannot get any service at all. It's been 3 weeks and we still have not received any satisfaction or even a phone call. Is anyone else out there having this problem? If so, who else can we go to? I think we're stuck here. We might think about buying another cart, even though, we do like our Star cart very much. The only other cart we liked was the par car. But they wouldn't budge on their pricing, so we bought the Star. We've had a club cart but we like the ability to go 60 miles on a charge, plus the club cart was rather slow. Is there any other cart out there that does this?

golfnut
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
:agree:wmchale, why people who were born in the US of A and have worked their entire lives in the US of A and draw a pension from an American company and social security from our government buy foreign cars and foreign carts is beyond me. I own 2 Club Cars and drive two Chrylser cars and are extremely happy with all of them, just my 2 cents.....GN

Campbell soup
10-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I have a GEM LSV ....I only pay about 150 a year...they are not expensive to drive or insure. If I were you I would look at the Chrysler's GEM just to compare. We love ours and there are some great deals on new and used ones at the Chrysler dealers around us in the TVs....just a suggestion.
Good Luck.

Campbell soup
10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Golf nut .....

I AGREE with you ....BUY AMERICAN ....BUY AMERICAN ....BUY AMERICAN

Golfcartguy
10-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I thank everyone who thanked me for my knowledge. I will never let any so called "know it alls" who likely know nothing about golf carts discourage me from giving anyone my input. I will help any way I can to Make sure people are informed. Im sure none of you worked your whole lives to waste your hard earned money. Anyhow, As far as carts going 60 miles per charge other than Par-Cars, It can be done to Club Cars. I have personally done it to I think 10 now. They aproach upwards of 70 miles per charge. The will do this because they are much lighter then Par-Cars since the have all aluminum frames where Par-Cars are all steel. I actually cut the middle Battery tray completely out, Custom build an all aluminum battery box to hold the extra batteries and weld it all up in the carts frame just like it was manufactured that way.

tamike
10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I dont understand why anyone would want to be driving a 600 pound golf cart going 25 mph and having 4,000 pound vehicles whipping by you at sometimes twice the speed. Is your life worth a tax credit??
I think sometimes here in The Villages we tend to forget that these are just GOLF CARTS that are truely designed for traveling on grass at speeds up to 10 miles per hour. It is dangerous enough on the cart paths don't you know?
And yes with all that said I do have one and looking to buy another, but not some silly, come run me over, STREET GOLF CART.

tamike
10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Well I think from what everyone is seeing here and reading here it is pretty plain to see that STAR is truely not the STAR. NJ BLUE, I am sure you are getting a good idea now. I only stated in prior posts about "talk to the wholesalers" because those are the people that know what they want to put in their rental fleets or not. Yes thats right, many of the wholesales have rental fleets and they need dependable carts, not ones that they have to fix all the time. I know some and talk to them and it is very interesting to see what manufacturers are winners and which are losers when it comes to quality and reliability. Just saying here as a guy who hates to see people get ripped off, please investigate and buy wisely. :)

df4801
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
My neighbor has had a 6 seat STAR cart for 4 yrs and is very happy with it.
I just bought one (dont have it yet) and my CPA confirmed that I do NOT have to register it with the state. The tax law has no such requirement.

Total cost of new 4 seater cart after tax credit was about $1000 with tax.

ajmccar
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
I bought a new star LSV, mostly for the convertible rear seat - it was delivered last night - bunch of problems - first, the cart would only go 21 mph - brakes are weak - canvas missing or ill fitting, cart was dirty, etc. Anyway, I canceled my check and will see what happens, thanks.

JohnN
12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
ajm, there are aftermarket back seat conversions for EZGO and Club Car, the thread is elsewhere here

mrdills
12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Just to add to the conversation reguarding LSV'S, after you purchased a LSV you will have a vin number that is registered in the state, if you drive without a license plate or insurance you will get a ticket. You must have PIP insurance with a golf cart, same as a car. What that means is your golf car will have the same insurance you have on your car. I got my insurance through State Farm for 136.00 a year.

784caroline
12-05-2009, 08:46 AM
df4801

Suggest you get a NEW CPA...here is the Tax Bulletin that applies to tax credits for electric vehicles and it clearly states that you need to be the original owner ( not used or no Demo) for personal use and it must be acquired which is defined as titled in accordanmce with the laws of the state.

Plug-In Electric Vehicle Credit (IRC 30 and IRC 30D)

Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicles (IRC 30D) and
Plug-in Electric Vehicles (IRC 30)

Updated: 11-20-09

Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicles (IRC 30D)
Internal Revenue Code Section 30D provides a credit for Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicles which include low-speed vehicles, and passenger vehicles and light trucks. The amount of the credit is equal to the sum of $ 2,500 plus $ 417 for each kilowatt-hour of traction battery capacity in excess of four kilowatt-hours. The maximum credit can range from $ 7,500 to $ 15,000, depending on the gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicle.

To qualify, the vehicle must be placed in service after December 31, 2008, and must be acquired by December 31, 2009. The vehicle must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States.

Section 30D originally was enacted in the Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 amended section 30D effective for vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009. Information provided below on qualified vehicles applies only to vehicles acquired by December 31, 2009.

Notice 2009-54 provides procedures that a vehicle manufacturer may use if it chooses to certify that a vehicle meets certain requirements that must be satisfied to claim the new Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit and the amount of the credit allowable with respect to that vehicle. Notice 2009-54 applies to vehicles acquired by December 31, 2009.

Plug-in Electric Vehicles (IRC 30)
Internal Revenue Code Section 30 provides a credit for qualified plug-in electric vehicles. The credit is equal to 10 percent of the cost of a qualified plug-in electric vehicle and is limited to $2,500. Qualified vehicles may include low-speed vehicles or vehicles that have two or three wheels.

Vehicles must be acquired after February 17, 2009, and before January 1, 2012. The vehicle must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States.

Notice 2009-58 provides procedures for a vehicle manufacturer to certify to the Internal Revenue Service that a vehicle of a particular make, model, and model year meets the requirements that must be satisfied to claim the new plug-in electric vehicle credit under 30
The key here is must be acquired and the IRS further explains what Acquried means as

Tax Credit for Plug-In Electric Drive Vehicles Acquired on or before Dec. 31, 2009
Q. What does “acquired” mean?

A. To qualify, the vehicle must be acquired on or before Dec. 31, 2009, under the laws of the state in which the vehicle was purchased. Generally, under state law, a binding contract to purchase a vehicle by itself does not count as acquiring a vehicle. For a taxpayer to have acquired the vehicle, he or she must have title to it under state law.

clekr
12-05-2009, 09:17 AM
The IRS web site lists the carts (manufacturers) if purchased before 12/31/09 qualify for the credit. Star Car is not amongst them. This notice was updated on 12/4/09.

It does not matter what the dealer may have told you. If the IRS has not certified the cart - it doesn't qualify.

MarcV
12-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Star cars are in the list under J H Global Services, Inc. You can see it here:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/article/0,,id=214849,00.html

df4801
12-19-2009, 08:25 PM
784caroline

suggest you re-read my post.

You do NOT have to register if you are only driving off road or in your subdivison. Still get tax credit. Confirmed with TWO CPA's

I really think a lot of the negative posts are from Club Car or Yamaha dealers who are mad that their companies were too stupid to make a LSV for 2009.

By the way, Club Car is making a LSV for 2010. I hope the tax credit is cancelled for them. LOL

cunch
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I pay 243.00 per year for coverage thru Hartford AARP. I also recieved the tax credit that expired on Dec. 31.2009. I must say the only reason I purchased the star was the tax credit. That being said I have found it to be reliable and comfortable to drive. I also have an older club car that I like. Just for anyone's information the new Star Dealer is a reliable dealer with six Florida golf cart locations.

Indy181
04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
I believe Star Cars are just as reliable, if not better than its competition. Ive been driving Stars around for about two years now. As with any golf car, you'll come across problems here and there. I find the new dealer, AllStar, to be some of the nicest, respectable, and knowledgable people around that not only service the Star, but any make any model. They stand behind thier work and thier product. As for the look of the Star, one of a kind. The SS LTD model they have blows the competition away. I would recommend Star to anyone. As for the "Buy in America" idea. What cart out there is COMPLETELY made of american parts? Star is made up of more than 60% American made parts and assembled in Simpsonville SC. But dont take my word for it! But do give these great folks at AllStar a look...I think youll love what you see.

rdhdleo
01-10-2012, 06:16 PM
We just came back from talking to the people at AllStar. This after visitng ParCar and EzGo in TV.I came on here looking for reviews on Star Golf Cars not the LSV's Though we have not made a decision yet we were the most impressed with the Star Golf Car especially the SS LTD! Awesome look and ride. Nice accessories and upgrades for less money than Par Car and EZ GO. We also were very impressed with the couple working there. Very informative and helpful and he formerly worked for Par Car ;) We'll definitely be giving them a second look!

jojo
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I am confused. The only STAR golf cart business that I was aware of is in Best Buy Plaza. Is there another or new STAR dealer?

Indydealmaker
01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
We just came back from talking to the people at AllStar. This after visitng ParCar and EzGo in TV.I came on here looking for reviews on Star Golf Cars not the LSV's Though we have not made a decision yet we were the most impressed with the Star Golf Car especially the SS LTD! Awesome look and ride. Nice accessories and upgrades for less money than Par Car and EZ GO. We also were very impressed with the couple working there. Very informative and helpful and he formerly worked for Par Car ;) We'll definitely be giving them a second look!

They have an interesting corporate website. They are very careful not to stress the "made in China" aspect with regard to components and parts. Still interesting.
http://www.starelectricvehicles.com/

brostholder
01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
I am confused. The only STAR golf cart business that I was aware of is in Best Buy Plaza. Is there another or new STAR dealer?

same place...different owners. I think they go by the name of Tradewinds now.

friendly11
03-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey Golfcartguy, do you or anybody else have any experience with the Tyger Carts?

soontobefrog
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
We have a star cart bought here at tradewinds golf cart. This is the 3rd owner in a year and a half. Bob Shultz and his wife run the franchise here at the villages. The service is extreamly poor. They will never provide a work order of what was done or show used parts. They will deiny warranty coverage. Bob Shultz is extreamly unproffesional calling your home and cursing at my wife. Do not buy or do business with them. Our cart has been in the shop more than on the road. Call Seniors vs. crime to get a report on them.

Indy181
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
We have a star cart bought here at tradewinds golf cart. This is the 3rd owner in a year and a half. Bob Shultz and his wife run the franchise here at the villages. The service is extremely poor. They will never provide a work order of what was done or show used parts. They will deny warranty coverage. Bob Shultz is extremely unprofessional calling your home and cursing at my wife. Do not buy or do business with them. Our cart has been in the shop more than on the road. Call Seniors vs. crime to get a report on them.

I find this kind of funny. I'm in the Tradewind showroom at least once a week. The staff makes you feel like your part of the family. They also have two adorable puppies that run to greet you as soon as you step in. As for service, I will repeat myself. The service guys are prompt and courteous. I have never had an issue with the service dept. Ive requested to have my old parts that were replaced before and was not turned down. As for being denied coverage, was your warranty out??? Its 2 years, bumper to bumper. You cant expect to have things replaced past warranty. As for LIGHT BULBS and things of that nature, that's on you, whether your warranty is up or not. Some people need to quit expecting something for nothing. Golf Cart companies have to make money too. I know Mr. SCHULTZ fairly well. We play golf from time to time. I find it hard to believe he cursed your wife. Its crazy how we live in such a "LAWLESS" world were people bash each other and/or companies because assume they've been done an injustice.

Sincerely,
(Proud to put my name on this) J. Smith

jkkinder
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM
We weren't even told this cart was made in China? Cart delivered on MOnday -5/21 & already been back for service 3 times! The problem we are having is the cart surges - will not run smoothly, constantly seems to stop & then restart? Any advice on how to fix this? I'm not sure we can force them to take the cart back at this point although we are ready to try! Thanks for your help.

rschultz
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I am not sure what kind of car you are talking about, but if you call me I am sure I can help.

If you say you just had it delivered on Monday I don't think we did it but would glad to come out and see what we can do for you.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I thank everyone who thanked me for my knowledge. I will never let any so called "know it alls" who likely know nothing about golf carts discourage me from giving anyone my input. I will help any way I can to Make sure people are informed. Im sure none of you worked your whole lives to waste your hard earned money. Anyhow, As far as carts going 60 miles per charge other than Par-Cars, It can be done to Club Cars. I have personally done it to I think 10 now. They aproach upwards of 70 miles per charge. The will do this because they are much lighter then Par-Cars since the have all aluminum frames where Par-Cars are all steel. I actually cut the middle Battery tray completely out, Custom build an all aluminum battery box to hold the extra batteries and weld it all up in the carts frame just like it was manufactured that way.

How can I get in touch with you to discuss getting this work and some other work done to my cart? If I could get 60-70 miles per charge, I would be thrilled. I have a 2002 Club Car. Please PM me or send me an e-mail at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com

Bill-n-Brillo
06-12-2012, 06:29 PM
How can I get in touch with you to discuss getting this work and some other work done to my cart? If I could get 60-70 miles per charge, I would be thrilled. I have a 2002 Club Car. Please PM me or send me an e-mail at winstonoboogiejr@yahoo.com

Serious doubts that you'll hear back from him, Winston. He has only 3 posts to his credit and they were all in this thread..............from the fall of 2009.

You might see if his User CP is set up to be able to send him something via e-mail on the chance that he's still using the same e-mail address.

Bill :)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Serious doubts that you'll hear back from him, Winston. He has only 3 posts to his credit and they were all in this thread..............from the fall of 2009.

You might see if his User CP is set up to be able to send him something via e-mail on the chance that he's still using the same e-mail address.

Bill :)

Thanks, Bill. I didn't notice that his posts were that old.

Bill-n-Brillo
06-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks, Bill. I didn't notice that his posts were that old.

No problem-o!

Bill :wave:

villager
06-13-2012, 06:33 PM
We have friends who have a street legal Star gold cart. They have decided to get rid of it. They said the insurance is very high, about $600/year. Also, once you register your cart as street legal, you can't change your mind and unregister it from street legal. And, they said the person who works on them doesn't carry a huge supply of parts on his truck, so parts have to be ordered, which takes a couple weeks. I'm sure you will research fully and make your own decision, just giving you facts from someone we know who has one.

resoh02
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi all and I'd like your help!

We are new to TV and contemplating the street legal Star Cart as the tax credit that they offer is $5335. Our tax person said we'd qualify for the tax credit and Star has a letter from the Treasury Dept stating that they qualify for this credit in that amount. Is anyone familiar with Star? I don't see too many models in TV and I would appreciate an update on customer satisfaction. Thanks very much for your help.

To many problems, hard to find parts, metal parts rust, plastic windshield start to spilt, lights dim and now went completely out. Think problem is 36 to 12 volt converter. Unless they have improved over the last 3 years I would not recommend. Hard to find dealers.