PDA

View Full Version : ice maker problems

budfoster
08-05-2017, 07:38 AM
does any one know a good repair man for ice maker

rivaridger1
08-05-2017, 08:32 AM
I presume you have a Whirlpool refrigerator. Fields Appliance has it down to a science since they have worked on so many of them. We just had our 4th installed in four years and was " assured " Whirlpool had reengineered it. The first three were under warranty but had to pay a visit charge for two of them if I recall this correctly.

rjm1cc
08-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Have used Fields and they were very good.

champion6
08-05-2017, 08:31 PM
We have used Beck's Appliance Repair several (sadly) times. Very happy with their promptness, knowledge and fees.

Topspinmo
08-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Ice maker assembly very easy to replace if you have the skills providing your refrigerator NOT under warranty? (if it is get done free of charge if covered?) Two screws, remove the harness off the old one or just plug it in after alignment of the inlet water tube. Several utube videos to show you how. Now if you have bottom freezer with the ice maker down there it stretch to get to but, not impossible. About all of them made in the same China plant. From about 2013 to 2015 (the warranty repair guy told me) they made some defective gears (cheaper than normal) if the ice maker heater not in time, weak, or inoperative it strips the gears trying to push the ice cubes out in the ice maker. My frigidaire was replaced under warranty. It sounds like it's on its last leg again? I'll just get one from amazon or eBay and replace it myself when it goes, and it will go, just matter of time.

zmost
08-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Affordable Appliance Repair (850) 508-2652 Jeff, Cooper

rubicon
08-10-2017, 05:25 AM
There is not a repair guy I could find who will touch a Samsung ) ice maker problem . One guy told me his mother had this same unit and referred her to Sears (A&E)

I called and was told a $99 charge for diagnostics. i explained I had already diagnosed the problem the ice maker wasn't making ice because there was ice build up at the top of the ice maker. The replacement unit is $199.... plus labor. so I made an appointment. then took a hair dryer and gradually melted the ice build up and viola the ice tray was full in no time. So I cancelled my appointment with the caveat that I suspected this wasn't a permaent fix

rjn5656
08-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Norm from the classified section under appliances. Called him, showed up 2 hours later, had spare part and fixed immediately. Gears on unit were stripped.

leftyf
08-10-2017, 08:15 AM
I had problems with my Samsung frig's icemaker. The ice cubes would freeze in the chute. I turned the freezer to -6 degrees and haven't had a problem since.

mtdjed
08-10-2017, 12:52 PM
ICE Cube trays work well and do not require service calls. Current fridge instruction for icemaker, If you plan a high volume event , "Plan Ahead".

Sail41
08-10-2017, 06:59 PM
If it's a Samsung. Forget about it. Don't waste your time or money. They tried to fix mine 6 times and finally because I had extended warranty sent me a check for the full price.

rubicon
08-11-2017, 05:40 AM
If it's a Samsung. Forget about it. Don't waste your time or money. They tried to fix mine 6 times and finally because I had extended warranty sent me a check for the full price.

Mine is a Samsung and I cancelled a call for repair/replace only to have it produce slushy ice and so I have an appointment Wednesday. I can't find my warranty. How long does the warranty extend?