PDA

View Full Version : 3g phone and laptop from house

backwbowl
09-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Includes Mobile Broadband Built-In. Access America's Largest and Most Reliable 3G Network — covering more than 280 million people in 259 major metropolitan areas in the United States. Has anyone use their phone 3g service to access thevilliges to set tee times from their golf cart. I do not have the internet set up at my home in duval. Everytime I want to set up tee times I go to the rec/center. Would I be able to use my laptop with 3g from verizon. I do have the service for $8.00 to go online and set up tee times also use for email thevillagesnet.

Talk Host
09-24-2009, 05:28 AM
The internet is the internet regardless of how you access it. If you have paid the fee to access the tee time systems, you should be able to do it with 3G access just as easily as with comcast or dial up.

RVRoadie
09-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I have used a Verizon air card for several years. It works well here in The Villages.

anyexit
09-24-2009, 09:08 AM
We've used Verizon's Broadband Service on our laptop for over 6 years. Since we travel often it is very nice to be able to take it with us. We have a router so that we both can access wireless Internet any time. Our own little WiFi hot spot! You can do anything that you can do with any Internet connection. Actually, we're drinking our coffee while looking over the Atlantic Ocean from a state park in South Carolina right now! You will not need any other service like AOL or Earthlink as Verizon provides you with direct access. We use GMail for our email accounts. It's free and they even provide you with Pop3 ability. Our Verizon Broadband cost us $60 a month. I believe they have a more limited service for about $40.