PDA

View Full Version : new polaris golf carts

angel222
10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm curious if anyone has bought a new polaris golf cart from the golf cart store in Colony Shopping Center?? Would appreciate hearing any comments on this. I've ordered one and its about the be delivered and I think I'm getting cold feet about the purchase. Any info would be appreciated.....Thanks

pooh
10-04-2009, 09:07 AM
I've ordered one and it's not in yet. Why are you getting cold feet? Polaris is a reputable company and they make great vehicles. Villages Golf Cars is a good company to do business with and I'm sure they'll stand by any product they sell.

Why did you order this particular cart? It fit me very well...seat adjustment, windshield split out of my line of sight were two of the main reasons I purchased my cart.

When is yours to arrive? Mine was scheduled to be delivered fairly soon, but there is a delay according to my salesperson....not sure if it's because of the fabric I ordered or due to high production.

Fret not...it will be fine.

angel222
10-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks Pooh.....I bought this cart because of the smoother ride - I have a kidney problem and wanted the smoothest ride possible. I have owned a Polaris snow mobile for years without a problem and thought the company was a very reputable one. Its a large investment for me but since I'm a widow and not good with anything mechanical I needed to buy new. The price of the new ones for four seaters in LSL was about the same but the ride seemed a bit hard so I thought I'd go with the newest model - Polaris. I've spent three months trying to figure out gas or electric (have to return to NY periodically and was worried about the batteries not lasting long if I have to stay in NY for two or three months)....and finally decided on electric for the quiet, non-smell, and environment. And when I went to see the Polaris - it just seemed right. I guess talking to people sometimes gets you more confused - some say the kinks are not out of a model until the second year - Oh well, its too late now. Mine is supposed to be delivered next week....

pooh
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my cart! Glad your cart will arrive shortly.

The ride really is a smooth one, I agree. Hopefully that will provide you with the comfort your body needs.

Saw only one Polaris driving around the community so far. We were on our way to Orlando so I couldn't stop to ask how the owners were enjoying their new cart. Hopefully I'll see you around and we can exchange info about how much we're enjoying our newest acquisitions.

angel222
10-07-2009, 11:17 PM
hope this is a great experience for both of us!...please keep in touch when you receive yours.......:thumbup:

pooh
10-08-2009, 08:47 AM
hope this is a great experience for both of us!...please keep in touch when you receive yours.......:thumbup:

I will.... :) You, too.

JohnN
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
keep in touch here, I'd be interested in your Polaris experiences, I'm a year or two away from buying one, but it's on my short list so far

gvfj2045
11-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Talking to a friend of mine who is in the business, he told me that Polaris will be the best cart on the market in the future but not at tis time.

Ohiogirl
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I played golf with a guy who had one - loved the flip seat and some of the other features. Only thing I thought was odd is that either the headlights or running lights stayed on as long as his key was in the "on" position. An ambassador stopped by to tell him his headlights were on. Wouldn't that run down the charge on the battery? Do they all do that or was there something wrong with his?

tamike
11-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Dont worry about the delay. I am sure it will be very short. Polaris is an American company. Now I have a buddy that ordered a Tomberlin the first of October and they are telling him he may get it around Christmas. Something about getting parts from China. Now that is very disturbing.

graciegirl
11-28-2009, 06:36 AM
We too are interested in the Polaris Golf car.

I LOVED the recent advertisement they had with the four illustrations of people using the golfcar in different ways. It looked like four Norman Rockwell paintings. What a terrific ad! It really captured our life in The Villages. I saved it.

mrdills
11-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I just received my new Tomberlin golf cart and I look at the Polaris before I bought my Tomberlin and for the money the Tomberlin beats it hands down. Some of the best features over the Polaris was the 4 wheel Hydraulic brake system, Independent suspension, rack and pinion stearing , and front and rear drum brakes. and high and low beam lights. Plus the best thing was 1/2 the price of a Polaris. Its a very solid golf cart, I did some major checking around before I bought one. By the way the owner of Tomberlin worked for Polaris for a long time, the reason he left was he wanted to build a LSV golf cart and Polaris didn't want one.

EdV
11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Actually, the front brakes on the Tomberlin E-Merge are disks and the rears are drum.

GatbTester
11-29-2009, 01:51 PM
I would be quite leery of purchasing a golf cart made in China. Just getting parts could prove quite challenging.

otherbruddaDarrell
11-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I agree. Wait about 2 years and see how much they are worth or try to trade one in and see how many dealers will not take it on trade.

GatbTester
11-29-2009, 05:34 PM
I believe our answers were in relation to the Tomberlin golf Cart.

mrdills
11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
The guy who designed the cart use to work for Polaris for years and I guess we will wait and see what happens in the future, by the way most everythnig is made overseas, its put together in Georgia. Its the only golf cart that has 4 wheel brake system. Try to stop a golf cart going 20 MPH, you will see a difference with 4 wheel brakes.

mrdills
11-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Polaris buy parts overseas also, I owned a Polaris snowmobile

EdV
11-30-2009, 06:42 AM
.....Its the only golf cart that has 4 wheel brake system......

The Gem Car has 4 wheel brakes like the Tomberlin.

golfnut
12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
My Club Car Pathway has 4 wheel brakes....GN

SallySmith
08-05-2010, 07:22 PM
We bought a new Polaris golf cart back in February. The cart is very nice to ride in and very quiet. We too feel the cart is too slow and crawls up the hills in Amelia. Were fine with that though.

When we bought the cart it came with a tow membership with the folks that advertise here. We elected not to go with them (on the advise of our neighbors) and went with another service that has helped us 3 times already in 6 months with flat tires. These tires puncture too easily. We even had a golf tee pop the tire.

The man who helped us said they fixed over 6 hundred tires on golf carts last year. He said that they all puncture easily except for the large Par Car tires. Are there better tires we can buy for the Polaris that are like the Par Car tire? If so where do we buy them.

pooh
08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
We bought a new Polaris golf cart back in February. The cart is very nice to ride in and very quiet. We too feel the cart is too slow and crawls up the hills in Amelia. Were fine with that though.

When we bought the cart it came with a tow membership with the folks that advertise here. We elected not to go with them (on the advise of our neighbors) and went with another service that has helped us 3 times already in 6 months with flat tires. These tires puncture too easily. We even had a golf tee pop the tire.

The man who helped us said they fixed over 6 hundred tires on golf carts last year. He said that they all puncture easily except for the large Par Car tires. Are there better tires we can buy for the Polaris that are like the Par Car tire? If so where do we buy them.

Oh my goodness. We've had our Polaris since October and haven't had that sort of problem so far. When we bought, we elected to have different wheels and those used high profile tires. Not sure if they're really very different from the tires that come with the vehicle. You might ask at Villages Golf Cars.

We also had new motor installed in our Polaris that really makes travel faster, including the hills. If you call Villages Golf Cars and ask about the Lightning Motor for the Polaris, they can give you information about it, costs and when more motors will be in.

Redtail
08-06-2010, 05:58 AM

tomberlin tires are golf cart size and are real tires not toy tires