PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Trails

Judith Ann
11-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Have you had good experiences with the Yankee Trails but tours?

Madelaine Amee
11-01-2017, 11:06 AM

Yankee Trails is an excellent travel company. They are based out of NY City and are well known in the North Eastern states and Canada.

We took their St. Augustine's Christmas Lights tour last year and had a great time, very well organized. We also use their bus service to get back and forth from Ft. Lauderdale when we cruise. Their buses are first class, very comfortable and clean with bathroom facilities.

Would not hesitate to take any tours with this company.

rustyp
11-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Yankee Trails is an excellent travel company. They are based out of NY City and are well known in the North Eastern states and Canada.

We took their St. Augustine's Christmas Lights tour last year and had a great time, very well organized. We also use their bus service to get back and forth from Ft. Lauderdale when we cruise. Their buses are first class, very comfortable and clean with bathroom facilities.

Their home base is Schenectady NY which is near Albany. They came here about 4 years ago with literately a snowbird employee representing them out of his house. Can't tell you how big they are down here today. I have used them several times in the past. Each time there was issues but they got resolved. They were extremely hard to get in touch with when I was trying to resolve the problems. One of the issues was transportation promised from here to the port. They tried to back out but when pushed real hard made good on it. Long story. Unless you are getting a great deal from them book directly with the cruise line take the 3rd party risk out of the equation.

CWGUY
11-01-2017, 11:48 AM

Their home base is Schenectady NY which is near Albany. They came here about 4 years ago with literately a snowbird employee representing them out of his house. Can't tell you how big they are down here today. I have used them several times in the past. Each time there was issues but they got resolved. They were extremely hard to get in touch with when I was trying to resolve the problems. One of the issues was transportation promised from here to the port. They tried to back out but when pushed real hard made good on it. Long story. Unless you are getting a great deal from them book directly with the cruise line take the 3rd party risk out of the equation.

:shocked: Sorry - you are both wrong. They are based in Rensselaer, N.Y.
Rensselaer is a small city in Rensselaer Co. It is on the east side of the Hudson River across from Albany, N.Y. and approx. 150 miles north of N.Y.C.

They always were a great company to do business with when I lived in the Northeast. Have not used them here.:ho:

Arctic Fox
11-01-2017, 02:49 PM

We have not done a tour with them, but have found them very reliable for transport to/from cruise ports.

Have used them four times, and will do so again in ten days.

LittleDog
11-01-2017, 03:04 PM
We are going on a Viking cruise Nov. 12 and have booked transportation to Miami and back with Yankee Trails. They have 2 pickup locations in our area. The first is Bealls next to Lowes in Lady Lake. The second is at Rural King in Leesburg on 441. We will be using the Rural King pickup point because they provide free parking there which I really like since my car pickup person just had an operation and will be unavailable to drive. The Bealls location has no car parking.

Anyone else going on this 15 day Viking cruise?

John

billethkid
11-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Does one have to book travel through Yankee Trails to make use of the bus service?

starflyte1
11-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Btk. No. I booked cruises direct with NCL and have confirmed reservations with Yankee for transportation to and from port.

rustyp
11-02-2017, 05:40 AM
:shocked: Sorry - you are both wrong. They are based in Rensselaer, N.Y.
Rensselaer is a small city in Rensselaer Co. It is on the east side of the Hudson River across from Albany, N.Y. and approx. 150 miles north of N.Y.C.

They always were a great company to do business with when I lived in the Northeast. Have not used them here.:ho:

You are 100% correct. I have CRS. I took the Amtrak to Schenectady to get to Rensselaer (21 miles apart) but I don't remember why. FYI I have left my car at Bealles parking lot close to Lowes without a problem and I wasn't alone as evident by the others that got on the bus with us. Per the bus driver many people do and never had a problem but the owner of the plazza won't give permission to do so due to insurance liability.

bilcon
11-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Yankee Trails has an office near The Villages, behind the American Legion on 466. Used their transportation from Bells, on 44i to Miami. Only 6 people on bus to Miami.Great service. Last year we booked a 2 week cruise on Oceania through them and got better perks their cruise line offered us on our own. We also got their bus service round trip to and from Miami. Got home in 4 hours. No Problems.....I would think twice about leaving my car in Leesburg at Rural Kingdom. Take a taxi to Bells on 441 instead.

Arctic Fox
11-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Does one have to book travel through Yankee Trails to make use of the bus service?

Just go to their website, click on the Florida part of the map, and you can find your ship (by date) in their drop-down list and book transfers on-line.

You do have to call or e-mail them if you want to go one-way, though (half the price of a return)

hansel
11-02-2017, 02:25 PM
We have used Julie Burns to book cruises and we have had nothing but excellent service and great prices. We prefer to drive to the port so we do to use the shuttle service.

HIgolfers
11-02-2017, 06:44 PM
LittleDog- not going on the 15 day VIking Cruise but interested in hearing about it. I assume you are taking the Grand European Tour?

LittleDog
11-02-2017, 08:09 PM
The trip is to western Carribean, central america and Columbia.

John

Cajulian
11-02-2017, 10:43 PM

We have used them for 4 years now several times a year. They have an office on 466 set up last year. The regional manager Ed, shows up at every bus pickup and provides his personal contact number and will take calls any time of day or night.

By the way, they will also match the cheapest price you can get from any cruise booking agent and they will throw in the bus transportation to the cruise ports for free.

Their buses are excellent and they have them based in the Orlando area, with their office in the Villages.

We will be using them again this November, December, and January.