PDA

View Full Version : Siesta Keys

Blessed2BNTV
12-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Looking for updated recommendations on beach condos or hotel on Siesta Keys.

Looking for a vacation from our permanent vacation here in TV.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
12-18-2017, 09:01 AM
I lived in Sarasota for five years and loved Siesta Key Beach. But since moving here, I have found Clearwater Beach and like that even better.

The other place that I would go, if I were looking for a home away from home, is South Miami Beach. The sand is hotter than at Clearwater or Siesta Key, but the water is much nicer. Beach weather last a bit longer there so if you're interested in getting away in the winter Miami is the place to go. I've been swimming there in January and February. You probably won't do that in Sarasota or Clearwater.

billethkid
12-18-2017, 09:10 AM
There are a lot of places in Siesta Key...just google it.
If you are there on Sunday be sure to go to the drumming at Siesta Key Beach just before sunset:

Siesta Key Drum Circle - Siesta Key beach information. (http://www.simplysiestakey.com/DrumCircle.html)

Very entertaining and fun plus spectacular sunsets.

Siesta Key also is a very short ride to Sarasota with several attractions.

Good luck.

Blessed2BNTV
12-18-2017, 09:14 AM
There are a lot of places in Siesta Key...just google it.
If you are there on Sunday be sure to go to the drumming at Siesta Key Beach just before sunset:

Siesta Key Drum Circle - Siesta Key beach information. (http://www.simplysiestakey.com/DrumCircle.html)

Very entertaining and fun plus spectacular sunsets.

Siesta Key also is a very short ride to Sarasota with several attractions.

Good luck.

Thank you for the info on drumming! My hubby was a drummer in a rock and roll band and would enjoy this.

I know there are lots of places in Siesta Keys and was looking for personal recommendations.

Rapscallion St Croix
12-18-2017, 11:40 AM
South end of island is quiet. I would recommend staying as close to Siesta Key Village on the North end as possible...better yet, move up one island and stay as close to Lido Beach or St Armand Circle area as possible.

Kahuna32162
12-18-2017, 01:54 PM
We love the Island House Beach resort on Midnight Pass Rd. They have condos and bungalows, we'll be going back for our 3rd visit in May. BTW, love the Siesta Village.

Mrs. Robinson
12-19-2017, 04:57 AM
I lived in Sarasota for five years and loved Siesta Key Beach. But since moving here, I have found Clearwater Beach and like that even better.

The other place that I would go, if I were looking for a home away from home, is South Miami Beach. The sand is hotter than at Clearwater or Siesta Key, but the water is much nicer. Beach weather last a bit longer there so if you're interested in getting away in the winter Miami is the place to go. I've been swimming there in January and February. You probably won't do that in Sarasota or Clearwater.

I have lived on both southern coasts and there is no place -- I repeat -- no place that can compare to Siesta Key.
The sand, mostly quartz, never gets hot; you can always walk on it.
It is the softest sand anywhere, much like baby powder.

The sand on the east coast is horrible and truthfully, unless you belong to the Polar Bear Club, you won't be swimming on Miami Beach during the winter months.
I didn't swim on either coast off season, but I would think the Gulf would be warmer in comparison to the ocean, no?

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
12-19-2017, 12:42 PM
South end of island is quiet. I would recommend staying as close to Siesta Key Village on the North end as possible...better yet, move up one island and stay as close to Lido Beach or St Armand Circle area as possible.

When I lived there, Lido Beach was covered in broken shells making it impossible to walk barefoot on it. We hated it.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
12-19-2017, 12:44 PM
I have lived on both southern coasts and there is no place -- I repeat -- no place that can compare to Siesta Key.
The sand, mostly quartz, never gets hot; you can always walk on it.
It is the softest sand anywhere, much like baby powder.

The sand on the east coast is horrible and truthfully, unless you belong to the Polar Bear Club, you won't be swimming on Miami Beach during the winter months.
I didn't swim on either coast off season, but I would think the Gulf would be warmer in comparison to the ocean, no?

I have swum in South Beach in January and February. I would agree that the water is cooler on the ocean side, but it is much further south. If I'm not mistaken, the water is the edge of the
Carribean.

Mrs. Robinson
12-20-2017, 02:19 AM
I have swum in South Beach in January and February. I would agree that the water is cooler on the ocean side, but it is much further south. If I'm not mistaken, the water is the edge of the
Carribean.

Well, Miami Beach is pretty far south, but Key West is even a little farther.

I agree with you regarding the sand of Lido Beach but maybe because everything else pales when you compare it to the sand on Siesta Key.

Most people will overlook the sand On Lido, because of the nude beach! :22yikes: