PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii

rjn5656
01-03-2018, 08:05 AM
I will be staying at the Hilton Hawaian Village in May for 4 days. Do I need a rental car or is everything available at the hotel or nearby the hotel.

dirtbanker
01-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Uber

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Taltarzac725
01-03-2018, 08:32 AM
I will be staying at the Hilton Hawaian Village in May for 4 days. Do I need a rental car or is everything available at the hotel or nearby the hotel.

What other places do you want to visit on your trip to Hilton Hawaiian Villages?

charmed59
01-03-2018, 08:45 AM
It depends on what you consider “everything”. The Hilton Hawaiian Village is at one end of the Waikiki strip on the beach. Right next to the Hilton is Fort Derussey, a resort for military personnel. After that is all public hotels, shops, and restaurants. You can walk down the Blvd or down Waikiki beach. I’d guess it’s a 45 minute walk to the zoo at the far end of Waikiki beach from there. In the other direction from the Hilton is a harbor and the Ala Moana shopping mall.

Diamond Head, the USS Arizona, Hanauma Bay, the North Shore and other places of interest would require some sort of transportation.

retiredguy123
01-03-2018, 11:03 AM
You may want to rent a car for a day to drive around the island and see all of the tourist spots, but you probably don't need one for your entire stay. There are kiosks where you can reserve and pick up a car for the day.

If you want to save a lot of money on drinks, walk down the beach to the military Hale Koa next door. They have an outside Tiki Bar.

red tail
01-03-2018, 11:51 AM
seniors can ride 'the bus' for $1 anywhere on the island

Mleeja
01-03-2018, 12:27 PM
You can get a bus pass and ride it to all the major attractions. Might take a bit longer, but is an inexpensive and easy method to get around..

dirtbanker
01-03-2018, 02:12 PM
You may want to rent a car for a day to drive around the island and see all of the tourist spots, but you probably don't need one for your entire stay. There are kiosks where you can reserve and pick up a car for the day.

If you want to save a lot of money on drinks, walk down the beach to the military Hale Koa next door. They have an outside Tiki Bar.Yep, $16 pina colada is better than $18 pina colada...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

HogPilot
01-03-2018, 03:24 PM
There is a car rental agency, Paradise Rent A Car next to the Hilton by the Kobe Japanese steakhouse. You may only need the car for a day to drive around the island. Public buses run routinely, very reasonable. or Uber.

stan the man
01-03-2018, 06:23 PM
I guarantee you it won't be a high of 50 degrees and a low of 28

themarinos
01-15-2018, 03:46 PM
You really don't need a car unless you want to tour the Island and visit Pearl Harbor or the Hawaiian Cultural (highly recommended) center on the side of the Island. Everything is very close
shopping is along the main street and there are plenty of Taxis and The Bus that run the main strip