PDA

View Full Version : Disney's A Christmas Carol

bestmickey
11-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I loved it! Two thumbs up. Being a Disneyaholic, I am biased. I'm also a big Christmas fan. But, I thought the special effects were spectacular. I could almost feel the linen of one character's dress. We saw the movie at 9:15 AM today, in an IMAX theater. We basically had a private showing since there were a total of four of us in the theater. I think you'll be able to recognize Colin Firth and Bo Hoskins' characters. Let me know what you think after you've seen it.

Bryant
11-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Where is an IMAX theater?

bestmickey
11-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Where is an IMAX theater?

Sorry, maybe I should have said I saw the movie in Albany, NY.

JohnN
11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I can't make Albany today, I'm busy LOLOL, but taking my DW MrsJohnN to see it at Spanish Springs, she loves Disney. Thanks for the review info

rshoffer
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Do you wear 3-D glasses during the movie? If so, do they hand them out like at Disney?

bestmickey
11-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Do you wear 3-D glasses during the movie? If so, do they hand them out like at Disney?

Yes and yes. We were issued our own glasses which you can keep or throw away after the movie.

Niels
11-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, unlike JohnN, I think I WILL see the movie in Albany. :girlneener:

Actually, I forgot all about the movie coming out. My wife and I were in The Villages last week choosing a lot and making the choices for building and furnishing our new home.

Bestmickey - Did you get a chance to see the Disney train when it came to the Albany/Rensselaer train station to promote the movie? My wife and I went to see it and thought it was a nice display.

bestmickey
11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Niels, no I didn't get to see the train. Let us know what you think of the movie. Too bad JohnN can't join you. :girlneener:

Niels
11-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Well, I went to see the movie A Christmas Carol today at the IMAX. I thought the movie was great. I loved the special effects that they were able to do.

I went during the week so there weren't any kids in the audience. The main negative I saw with the movie was that it would be scary for little kids to go see. When we saw a short preview at the train station, a couple of kids had to be taken out because they were too frightened about some of the ghost parts. I think they could have toned down some of the ghost parts a little for the kids.

I also thought the part where Scrooge was being chased by the stagecoach and horses was a bit too long.

It was nice seeing it in the IMAX format.