PDA

View Full Version : National Pickleball Tour. Arizona

foxmeadow
11-14-2009, 12:09 PM
The USAPA National Pickleball Tournament was held in Surprise, Arizona last week. The Villages had 14 men and women players participating. We in The Villages always think we have the best players in the country right here and this tournament proved it to be true. There were a total of 23 medals won by these 14 players. Those of us who played, feel certain that many other players, who were unable to make the trip, would have added to the medal count. A recent article, on the USAPA website, called The Villages "A Pickleball Paradise". As a group, we were proud to represent our great community among the best players in the country. Thanks to the Recreation Dept. for their support, as well as the many well-wishers within the pickleball community. Hopefully, many more will be encouraged to get involved in these tournaments. Happy Pickling!

Julie
11-14-2009, 02:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :highfive:

You all ought to have a parade in celebration of your accomplishments. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

champion6
11-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Congratulations to all! I first learned of Pickleball when we began to research TV. It'll be fun for me to give it a try.

dominick
11-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! I have seen pickelball played here in TV & I'm impressed by the game. A great athletic conditioner and it looks like a lot of fun. But, if the game had a more athletic sounding name, instead of the "nerdy" Pickelball, wouldn't it have a lot more acceptance and respectability? I know that there is something about a dog named Pickels involved in the origination of the game, but it just seems to me that someone could give it a more zippy name. Baseball isn't called Doubledayball after its founder. Sorry, no suggestions.

mbchnut
11-24-2009, 06:29 PM
We will be moving to TV the beginning of January. The one thing my husband and I must try is pickle ball. He is very athletic, and I am not at all. Any suggestions on where to go to start? What do you need to begin playing? Congrats to TV team!

Russ_Boston
11-24-2009, 06:30 PM
If people stay away from something because of its name - so be it!

Pickleball is great fun and exercise and I can't wait to play more.

jeffy
11-24-2009, 08:48 PM
We will be moving to TV the beginning of January. The one thing my husband and I must try is pickle ball. He is very athletic, and I am not at all. Any suggestions on where to go to start? What do you need to begin playing? Congrats to TV team!

TV has a great beginner program to introduce new people to the game. Look in the thursday rec news. There are three steps to beginner PB.

102 and 103

jeffy

jeffy
11-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! I have seen pickelball played here in TV & I'm impressed by the game. A great athletic conditioner and it looks like a lot of fun. But, if the game had a more athletic sounding name, instead of the "nerdy" Pickelball, wouldn't it have a lot more acceptance and respectability? I know that there is something about a dog named Pickels involved in the origination of the game, but it just seems to me that someone could give it a more zippy name. Baseball isn't called Doubledayball after its founder. Sorry, no suggestions.

I have to agree about the name. There has been talk lately on the usapa message board that a better name might make the sport a little more acceptable. Not sure what that name might be though. Maybe a contest .

jeffy

Thnonne
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
On Feb 22nd, 25th & 26th at 1:30 pm many of the players who played in Arizona at the National Championships will be playing in a PAC Advanced Round Robin Tournament at Coconut Cove. Anyone who would like to see some of our top Villages players are welcome to come out and watch the tournament.