PDA

View Full Version : Location of Dog Parks.

tpop1
11-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Daughter is coming for Thanksgiving with the grand-pup.

I've read posts on Dog Park(s) and would welcome advice.

I've come across posts mentioning :
1) Doggie Doo Run? and
2) Dog park in TV near Archery range.

Are these, in fact, 2 different parks & if so, where are they located.

We are in Bonita so directions from here wolud be great.

Thanks in advance.

Len

nONIE
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
The only advice I can offer is that the dog park by the archery range in the "historic section" is very small and very dirty. I do not go there any more because my dogs and I always come home full of dirt and dust.

I prefer to drive my furbabies to doggie doo run which is much , much larger, in fact 10 acres large ,and because grass is planted there it is much cleaner.

However there is a charge to use the Doggie Do run but its very minimal, to me very worth the drive and the fee.

tpop1
11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi Nonie,

Were is it located?

Thanks

nONIE
11-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I am really really bad at giving directions but I will try.

The dog park is on cr#101 behind the crispers resteraunt off of 466.

Rt. 101 is across the road on 466 from the Belvedere gate. I hope this wasant too confusing. If someone else wants to jump right in , that would probably be a big help.

Barefoot
11-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Take Buenos Aires north to 466. Go west on 466 (toward 301). You will come to Southern Trace Plaza, home of Publix, Crispers, and new IHOP at the front of the plaza.

You want to turn right (north) on Country Road 101. This is the street opposite Belevedere that runs between CVS Pharmacy and Crispers. Take CR 101 north about 1 1/4 miles. You will pass new Parkwood subdivision on your left hand side.

On the right hand side, just before a large tower, you will see a sign for Doggie Doo Run Run. You need to "register" your dog with the owners, and take proof of shots. The charge is $25.00 per month for one dog and $30 per month for two dogs.

It is a marvelous place and kept very clean. When your dog poops, you mark it with a flag and they pick it up. There is a small dog park for dogs under 30 lbs, a large dog park, and five fenced acres in the back where many people exercise themselves as well as their dogs.

It is very friendly as most people there have a passion for dogs!

Hope this helps.

tpop1
11-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the info!

duffysmom
11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Is it golf cart accessible?:confused:

katezbox
11-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Len,

From Bonita, Bare's directions are not the easiest way to get there.

From Baisley turn right onto Canal. Continue on Canal to Odell Circle then turn left.

At the first roundabout take the first exit (right) onto Buena Vista.

Continue past Arnie Palmer to the Winifred/Bonnybrook roundabout. Go 3/4 of the way around onto Belvedrere (you go through the Bonnybrook gate). Follow Belvedere to the intersection of 466. Across the street is a CVS on your left and Crispers on the right.

Continue straight across - this is CR 101. DDRR is a couple of miles up on the right. It is $3 per day for drop ins.

If somehow you miss the turn onto Belvedere, you can just stay stright on Buena Vista till you get to 466. Turn left and then take a right onto CR 101 at the CVS.

Hope the granddogs have fun....It's Finley's favorite place.

katezbox
11-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Is it golf cart accessible?:confused:

Sorry - no it isn't. Unless you are street legal. It borders a lot of the Glenview golf course - but there is no entrance from there - just from CR 101.

There are a couple of Maltese who are there frequently...

Ooper
11-19-2009, 10:21 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there are 4 dog parks accessible by golf cart. The other 2 not mentioned include one near Roling Acres Road down by the driving range and the Villages woodworkers club woodshop (this has a covered area for the dog's "parents"). The other one is up in near the Lopez golf courses. Both of these are grassy I believe. Not sure about costs.

chuckinca
11-19-2009, 11:53 PM
You forgot to mention Fumar's yard!

F16 1UB
11-20-2009, 07:30 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there are 4 dog parks accessible by golf cart. The other 2 not mentioned include one near Roling Acres Road down by the driving range and the Villages woodworkers club woodshop (this has a covered area for the dog's "parents"). The other one is up in near the Lopez golf courses. Both of these are grassy I believe. Not sure about costs.

Rolling Acres annual fee is $40. Hours are from 8-12 daily.

duffysmom
11-20-2009, 01:03 PM
How can you get to Rolling Acres by golf cart? I've driven by in my car but didn't know it was golf cart accessible. Thanks:highfive:

F16 1UB
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
MORSE TO RIO GRANDE AVE, RIGHT ON DEL MAR, RIGHT ON PALERMO. Many people come by cart. And dogs too.

otherbruddaDarrell
11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Or you can take chula vista off of rio grande and turn at Palermo pl. That is where the mailboxes are located.
Go to where the road curves and there is a golf cart path on the right between two rows of hedges. The dog area is on the right by the ball fields.
The driving range is a little ways down from the run.

duffysmom
11-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the directions. I've been here a year and still get lost.:shrug:

JAV0108
11-21-2009, 05:48 PM
The Springdale dog park is now open. It is on the golf cart path going north towards Lopez off of Belle Meade. They had a soft opening on the 20th and will have their grand opening on November 30th. It is a very nice facility. You need to have your Villages ID and guest's need a guest pass. It is open from dawn to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to dusk.

Barefoot
11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
The Springdale dog park is now open. It is on the golf cart path going north towards Lopez off of Belle Meade. They had a soft opening on the 20th and will have their grand opening on November 30th. It is a very nice facility. You need to have your Villages ID and guest's need a guest pass. It is open from dawn to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to dusk.

I haven't tried the Springdale park yet. Where do you park cars and golf carts to access the park?

JAV0108
11-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Springdale dog park is only accessible by golf cart, although you can park at the Springdale neighborhood pool and walk up the path to the dog park. (about 1/8 mile)

Barefoot
11-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Springdale dog park is only accessible by golf cart, although you can park at the Springdale neighborhood pool and walk up the path to the dog park. (about 1/8 mile)

For those of us not familiar with the area, how do you get to the Springdale Neighbourhood Pool?

JAV0108
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Buena Vista North to Belle Meade through gate into Springdale. Go about 1/2 mile pool and path is on the left. Dog park sign is on the end of the path on the left.

tpop1
11-28-2009, 04:48 PM
I wanted to thank those of you who provided the dog park info that I requested.

My daughter and the grand-pup are here this weekend and visited Doggy Doo Run 2 days...it was closed on Thanksgiving, as it will be on Christmas.

Mazie(that's the grand-pup) indicated that she had a fine time and looks forward to returning in the future. Daughter liked it too!!!!