PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Symbol

salpal
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Dan Brown's newest book....Loved it! Anyone else? What did you think of the ending? I could almost see the movie being made while reading this book.

tony
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I didn't like it that much at all. It was well below average.

Even for fiction, it was completely unbelievable and weak. He has written too
many of these formula books. Its time for him to move on, or move out.

It has been a while since I read it. Sorry if I cannot be more specific. I will
keep thinking.

The ending? If it were on a B movie, you would have Talk Host asking himself
why he stayed up so late to watch it.

As I think about this book, I'm thinking the emperor is naked, and no one will
tell him.

salpal
11-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Yes Tony, I agree it was a formula book, following same format as his other two books (DiVinci Code/Angels and Demons). The thing I love about his work is all the little esoteric infomation inside the books.

Boomer
11-27-2009, 07:59 PM

If it were on a B movie, you would have Talk Host asking himself
why he stayed up so late to watch it.

As I think about this book, I'm thinking the emperor is naked, and no one will
tell him.

WHAT??!!!

Mr. Tony! Did you just say that Talk Host is naked, and no one will tell him???!!!!! Oh My! Oh My! Mr. Tony, please, please, please give Talk Host that awful hat you are wearing!

Boomer :faint:

tony
11-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Talk Host would do just fine with that beautiful hat.

You should have seen him in the day. He was expert at naked cello playing.

He handled that cello like a pro. Something like those old fan dancers. Nobody could ever see nothing.

I think he still has the cello somewhere around.

Boomer
11-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Talk Host would do just fine with that beautiful hat.

You should have seen him in the day. He was expert at naked cello playing.

He handled that cello like a pro. Something line those old fan dancers. Nobody could ever see nothing.

I think he still have the cello somewhere around.

Well, thank goodness Talk Host has it covered.

Now, back to the book.............

I have not read it yet, but I asked some people who did about what they thought.

My daughter Boomette liked those little pieces of information, like The Palmers mentioned. Boomette had just returned from DC which made it more interesting she said.

And Mr. Boomer read it, too. He said that yeah, it is far-fetched and formula, but he did not care because it moves really fast and is entertaining.

So what are you, Mr. Tony? What with all that literary critique routine? Are you some kind of English major?

Boomer

KathieI
11-28-2009, 09:24 AM
So what are you, Mr. Tony? What with all that literary critique routine? Are you some kind of English major?
Boomer

Tony, an English major??? OMG :22yikes: :22yikes:
Not with THAT hat!! Tony, pleeeasseee, get rid of that avatar... You look like something that's on the label of a tuna fish can... :1rotfl::1rotfl:

PS, Mr. Tony said it was okay to post that comment!!!!

Whalen
11-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Not with THAT hat!! Tony, pleeeasseee, get rid of that avatar... You look like something that's on the label of a tuna fish can... :1rotfl::1rotfl:

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

OMG you are so right.

Mr. Tony does bare a striking resemblence to Charlie the Tuna in that hat!

Happy Thanksgiving

Boomer
11-28-2009, 10:06 AM

Kathie,

I am more and more convinced that Mr. Tony is indeed an English major. Look at the word under his name, in the spot where it used to say administrator. Now, there is a new word there. And I had to look the word up. I had never seen the word before. Sure looks to me like something an English major would do.

And as far as the hat goes. That could actually be another clue. I suspect that Mr. Tony wears that hat when he is doing poetry readings -- "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" maybe.

Boomer

tony
11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Well! I never. An English major?

Just show a little good taste in hats, and next thing you know people have you being an English major.

And Boomer is baiting me, so I will reveal a little about me. I know it is spelled Rhyme. Who would ever spell it Rime? That's probably not even a word.

Mr. Boomer sounds very smart. He would be able to tell I am not an English major.

uujudy
11-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Omigosh! I had to look up the word, too! I'm so glad Boomer pointed out the change, otherwise these old eyes would never have noticed the difference. Thanks Boomer! It was magical!

Tony, pay no attention to the others. I think the hat suits you. :coolsmiley:

tony
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Ah, Judy, that is not the affirmation I was seeking.

Isn't there something astronomical you could say?

tony
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
And I beg your pardon, but I just noticed that Whalen is laughing at my had. Look what Boomer has started.

uujudy
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Ah, Judy, that is not the affirmation I was seeking.

Isn't there something astronomical you could say?

Tony, your hat is stellar!