PDA

View Full Version : Blind side -- great movie

784caroline
11-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Blind Side showing at the Rialto in Spanish Springs is a great movie and Sandra Bullock played a much different and wiser part than I have seen her in the past.

Movie goers be forewarned that the 4 and 7 pm shows were sold out last night and even if you got tickets you may end up sitting in the first couple of rows which are not the greatest seats.

Freeda
11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
I agree, this is an absolutely wonderful movie; Sandra Bullock is at her all-time best in her performance; plus, looked wonderful!

Uplifting and funny, but also take some Kleenex! Stay for the credits at the end, to see amazing real life photos of this amazing family. Perfect for the holidays.

This, I would expect, will be sold out alot; you can get movie tickets in advance on www.fandango.com to see it in Ocala at the Regal 16 to be assured of a seat.

graciegirl
11-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Looking forward to seeing it. I like the roles Sandra Bullock chooses to play, usually "feel good" movies and/or romantic comedy.

I can't handle angst anymore or the big screen.

GatbTester
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
As well, "2012" was a worthwhile movie. We saw it last night and it was action packed from start to finish, a definite not miss show.:MOJE_whot:

BETHPAGE BLACK
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Saw it last night, excellent movie, Sandra B at her very best, special added attraction for me was the surprise of seeing Tim McGraw playing her husband,,he is always wonderful to look at..really uplifting and at time really amusing movie with a wonderful ending..

BritParrothead
04-29-2010, 05:29 AM
We went to see this yesterday. (It came to UK last month)
What a great film, loved it.
My favourite line? When mum takes Mike for new clothes in the Big & Tall store, the guys says, 'you need bigger & taller' :) :) The look on her face was classic!
Going to see The Ghost today. All the family read the book last year, so looking forward to it.

Taltarzac
04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
We went to see this yesterday. (It came to UK last month)
What a great film, loved it.
My favourite line? When mum takes Mike for new clothes in the Big & Tall store, the guys says, 'you need bigger & taller' :) :) The look on her face was classic!
Going to see The Ghost today. All the family read the book last year, so looking forward to it.

I see it is The Ghost in Great Britain and the Ghost Writer in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_Writer_(film)

A movie that has opened in Great Britain but does not open until late Agust 2010 is Centurion. Hope it gets here to the Villages. It usually the othyer way around with the US getting the interesting movies first with them opening much later in Europe and elsewhere.

BritParrothead
04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
I think we got The Ghost first, because it is a British author and the film is about a British politician ??
The critics here said 'not so good' Were they watching the same film / movie as us?? It was great and true to the book!!