PDA

View Full Version : RIALTO Spanish Springs -- a Fire Trap

784caroline
11-28-2009, 09:35 AM
We went to last nights showing of Blind Side great movie and the 4 as well as 7 pm shows were sold out.

Here is the problem. While waiting for the 7 pm show to start the entire 7pm crowd was in the lobby waiting., I mean it was jammed yet people who wanted to see the other 7 shows were trying to get into their respective movie AND the the crowds from people leaving the earlier shows were also exiting the same enterance. There was no movie staff direction on where to stand...I mean there was no where else to go.......BUt they should have opened up a lane for other movie goers to enter the movie house and moreso should have directed the people commig out of the 4pm showing to exit via other doors rather than through the crowded lobby. This was really an accident waiting to happen.

I also question TVs movie management as to why they scheduled Blind Side for only one screen at the Rialto or why they did not plan on having the movie at the larger LSL movie house.

I certainly hope someone with authority can take a look at these issues.

Bogie Shooter
11-28-2009, 09:43 AM
We went to last nights showing of Blind Side great movie and the 4 as well as 7 pm shows were sold out.

Here is the problem. While waiting for the 7 pm show to start the entire 7pm crowd was in the lobby waiting., I mean it was jammed yet people who wanted to see the other 7 shows were trying to get into their respective movie AND the the crowds from people leaving the earlier shows were also exiting the same enterance. There was no movie staff direction on where to stand...I mean there was no where else to go.......BUt they should have opened up a lane for other movie goers to enter the movie house and moreso should have directed the people commig out of the 4pm showing to exit via other doors rather than through the crowded lobby. This was really an accident waiting to happen.

I also question TVs movie management as to why they scheduled Blind Side for only one screen at the Rialto or why they did not plan on having the movie at the larger LSL movie house.

I certainly hope someone with authority can take a look at these issues.

Not to question your concerns but.......Why in the world did you not speak to someone at the theater. Did you ask to speak to a manager? You have dumped your concerns off by asking "I certainly hope someone with authority can take a look at these issues." Why not you?

784caroline
11-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I dont believe im dumping anything on anyone..I did not ask you or anyone else to do anything unless of course you have something to do with the Rialto. I, and probbaly a few others who were caught in this mess, did say something last night to the usher and he could do nothing for he was not prepared or trained to handle such crowds....and obviously I did not provide enough descriptive metaphors for you to understand the mass confusion at the Rialto last night.

Your comment sounds like you were previously a member of a Home Owners Association (HOA) that welcomes constructive comments and then when something is provided the response is "well join the board if you want to get it done." Excuse me if I was wrong to even surmise that someone in authority, regarding the movie houses, would be a member of TOTV or even read these posts. Why not me you ask...well I have no authority and I didnt know I was to be a "cop" while trying to attend a movie. So you can just ignore my post ..just dont complain about crowd control if you try and see a sold out movie at the Rialto in the near future.

faithfulfrank
11-28-2009, 04:26 PM
As a professional firefighter for over 18 years, may I humbly suggest that if this continues to be a problem and if management does not address the issue, one might want to call the local fire dept and explain to them the concern.

At least here in NY, every place of public assembly has an occupancy limit posted on the wall. It is based on many things, including sq. footage, number of exit doors, etc. Exceeding that number is a violation. The local fire dept can stop by there during this peak time and address the issue with management.

You are wise to notice......most folks do not have a clue when it comes to fire safety.

Frank (member of IAFF Local #896)

GatbTester
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
The Villages is famous for being pound wise and dollar foolish, and this is just another example. Perhaps the Morse family would like to be sued to the extent where they might just have to sell their interests here!

chuckster
11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Ah!! another positive comment from the usual source........Cheers:beer3:

Taltarzac
11-29-2009, 10:58 AM
...shown here in Villages' theaters. I never got the impression that they were exceeding maximum capacity and the exits have always worked when I have gone out one of them at the Rialto or at the Old Mill Playhouse.

There are placards showing maximum capacity of each theater at both the Old Mill Playhouse and the Rialto but these are for all 8 theaters at each venue.

Many of the theaters I visited in the Tampa Bay area had these posted for each auditorium
just outside of the entrance to each one.

They do seem to have a much better idea of how to handle crowd control at the Old Mill Playhouse than at the Rialto too. There is a whole lot more space to work with in the lobby area at the Old Mill Playhouse though.

lavendera1
11-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I was also in that mess and there was a mess. I was also pushed many times by kids as well as by adults. Something has to been done.

Bogie Shooter
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Rialto Theater 753-8898.
Ask for the manager.