PDA

View Full Version : The Help by Kathryn Stockett

another Linda
11-29-2009, 09:38 PM
This is another wonderful book that I just loved. Takes place in the early '60s. Highly recommend it.

uujudy
11-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks, Linda. I added it to my list.

LELANDJANE
11-30-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm halfway through it right now. Can hardly put it down!
Growing up in Alabama, I can remember many of the situations/conversations in the story. Things have changed a lot since then, but not enough!

Taj44
12-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I agree - this was a terrific book. I highly recommend it.

Laura
12-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Great book - no, excellent book!!!

beady
02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I just finished this book....wonderful story, very well written, great new author, let's hope she will write more.

Pturner
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm halfway through it right now. Can hardly put it down!
Growing up in Alabama, I can remember many of the situations/conversations in the story. Things have changed a lot since then, but not enough!

Yes, I know what you mean. I grew up in Atlanta. I knew back then, even as early as first grade, that things weren't as they should be. I even had conversations with our maid about it. The book resonated, in a chilling sort of way. I also highly recommend it.

oatmealgirls
02-04-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm waiting for this book to come in for me from the library. Glad to see everyone's comments about it.

joannej
06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I loved this book too! And the ending was terrific. BTW, it's been on the NY Times best seller list for many weeks.

brostholder
06-14-2010, 09:33 AM
I read the book months ago and the good feelings still linger. The voices in the book were so authentic. I just finished reading the last of the "millenium trilogy" (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo....etc). Loved them all!
Barry (new to tv in Pennecamp)

Avista
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I read the book months ago and the good feelings still linger. The voices in the book were so authentic. I just finished reading the last of the "millenium trilogy" (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo....etc). Loved them all!
Barry (new to tv in Pennecamp)

I agree 100%. I want a sequel to The Help. So good!

I also read The Girl with the Dagon Tattoo trilogy. Loved the main character, Lizbeth. What a great series!

Since we seem to like the same books, any others you would recommend?