PDA

View Full Version : Sophisticated Jazz

onebyone
12-06-2009, 01:47 PM
In 2007, five multi-talented and experienced musicians formed the band "Sophisticated Jazz". The leader, Rich Senseny, selected a listing of songs from the 40's, 50's, thru to the 80's and beyond to perform with a sophisticated "swing theme" for all to enjoy. After many rehearsals, we saw the need for a female vocalist which not only complimented the already smooth sounds but added style and grace to the group. The band consists of Don (Jazz Guitar), Hector (Keyboards/Bass), Bruce (Drums), Rich (Tenor Sax), Joe (Alto Sax), and our sensational vocalist Ms. Jan!! The combination of tenor and alto saxes adds a very rich, smooth and "jazzy dynamic" flair not seen in many other groups. This is a great dance and listening enjoyment for all occasions. We invite you to attend one of our concerts and meet the band!

islandgal
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I love jazz.Where are the concerts?
Do you play any fusion jazz?

onebyone
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi there,

We will be performing on Monday, Dec. 14th, from 12:00 noon - 2:00 pm at Lake Sumter Landing Square. Our keyboard player, Hector Garrido played with Gloria and Emilio Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine, and Ricky Martin, and Sting. Our drummer, Bruce Miller played with The Mamas and The Papas and the Legends of Doo Wop (who are coming to the Villages to perform at Savannah Center in January), and my alto saxophonist performed with Billy May's Orchestra. Our jazz guitarist is Don Trzuskowski and our female vocalist is Jan Lavin who performs with the Way, Way, Off Broadway group, the Starlighters, and sings regularly at The Tea Plantation. I am the band leader and tenor saxophonist and we play the "standards" as well as jazz. I'm sorry, but we do not play jazz fusion, but I am sure you would enjoy our music! Please come out on Monday to enjoy this concert.

Thank you,

Rich Senseny, of Sophisticated Jazz

another Linda
12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Any other gigs between Dec 17-27? How about a YouTube video?

onebyone
12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Linda,

We do not have any concerts currently scheduled between Dec. 17-27, but we are available should you know of anyone/Social groups/etc. who are in need of musical entertainment.

Thank you,

Rich Senseny, of Sophisticated Jazz

richsaxman
12-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Check out today's Recreation News on Page 22.....Notice that Sophisticated Jazz will be playing in the Market Square at Lake Sumter Landing from 12:00 noon - 2:00pm on Monday, December 14th, 2009!!!! Come out and enjoy a 2 hour concert of Jazz and Standards and Latin music!