PDA

View Full Version : Senior Games Track events

HIgolfers
03-24-2018, 06:35 PM
Can anyone tell me where I would find the winning times for track events in a specific age category? Trying to find out ahead of time whether I would be competitive or not before I embarass myself!!

Arctic Fox
03-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Can anyone tell me where I would find the winning times for track events in a specific age category? Trying to find out ahead of time whether I would be competitive or not before I embarass myself!!

I can e-mail you the results for 2015 if you PM me your e-mail address

Those for last year can be found here:

Senior Games (http://www.districtgov.org/departments/Recreation/seniorgames.aspx)

Track & Field is in the TableTennis-WaterVolleyball pdf

rhood
03-25-2018, 05:19 AM
The Rec Office at LaHacienda keeps those records.

HIgolfers
03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
Thanks. Last year's answers my questions. Find it interesting that the second place woman in the 60-64 age group had significantly faster times than women in the 50-54 and 55-59 age groups (in a few events)!!!

Arctic Fox
03-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Thanks. Last year's answers my questions. Find it interesting that the second place woman in the 60-64 age group had significantly faster times than women in the 50-54 and 55-59 age groups (in a few events)!!!

Yes, some events have so few entrants that the results can be quite surprising.

I ran the 1,500m one year and there were eight of us in it, ranging in ages from 55 to 85, so the times ranged from five minutes to over twice that

The good thing is that you can enter whichever events you like without feeling embarrassed about finishing last - people are generally more interested in their times than their placing.

spring_chicken
03-26-2018, 02:11 PM

Many people enter events that are not their specialty. There are some world class throwers who enter jumping or running events just because they are already out there so what the heck. A jumper is not going to risk putting 100% into a sprint, knowing they could get injured and not be able to jump.
The state games are taken a little more seriously, as every other year you are qualifying for Nationals.
Here is a link to the 2017 state games results
ClearThunder Registration (https://events.clearthunder.com/index.php?module=thunder&cmd=publicresultsevents&category=3576&event=FSG2017)

Also, keep in mind that the participants aren't necessarily Villages residents. Some people come from all over the southeast or outside the country.