PDA

View Full Version : Getting around TV

Diane Delmer
12-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Renting a home in TV the month of January. I have to say I am surprised a shuttle through the differant villages and shopping is not available. We were not going to rent a car but I guess we need to now. Can't imagine using a golf cart to go everywhere. (or is that everyone does)?

skip0358
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Golf cart is the way to go no doubt about it. Easier to park,more fun, cheaper then renting a car. You can get anywhere on property in a golf cart and most places off property that you might want to get to. We only use our car if we're going way off property. It's also part of the fun of living in TV.

Russ_Boston
12-14-2009, 10:07 PM
You'll be happy in a golf cart to get anywhere (anything) you need.

nkrifats
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
I use my Golf Cart to get everywhere I need. If I am at the house alone for a week. I never rent a car for that time but use my cart for everything. Works great.

SteveFromNY
12-14-2009, 10:44 PM
It's how everyone gets around. Imagine a "golf cart traffic jam" - you may actually see one. It's the best way to see TV.

Yoda
12-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Had 2 cars and a cart. In 4 months, got rid of one car. We use the cart a lot but since we are still "arriving," we use the car for furniture shopping, find doctors,etc. As time goes on, we use cart more and more.

Yoda

susan dent
12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
:024: :wave:
We have had a home the villages for 12 years, and since they have allowed us to use our golf carts day and night, we have not rented a car since.

Everything is accessible on the golf cart - enjoy

ajbrown
12-15-2009, 07:22 AM
We drive the golf cart everywhere on campus, even to Lowe's (just off campus) to buy small tools. Last year I bought my first LCD TV (40") from Circuit City. My wife drew the line and would not let me tie it on top of the cart, so I had to go get the car. Between us, I think I could have made it ;).

One of our favorite activities this time of year is Christmas light viewing. That is right, people drive around at night in golf carts, sometimes in groups looking at Christmas lights and decorations....

One word of advice, this is Florida, but if you are like us and drive past sunset, you are not a wimp to pack a set of gloves :)

Good luck.

villages07
12-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Diane.... preceding posts are all accurate - you can get to all day to day locations (grocery store, restaurants, golf, rec centers, etc) via golf cart. You didn't say where you are coming from, but, my only caution would be that January is our coldest month and it can get a little nippy in a golf cart when temps dip into the 50s and below. Now, if you are a Canadian these probably sound like Spring temps. You can try relying on a golf cart and see how it goes. There are Enterprise and Hertz rental car facilities in The Villages so you can rent a car for a day or two as needed or get a longer term (without the airport fees) rental right here. Lots of options.

Army Guy
12-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Golf Cart is the only way to go!!

Army Guy

JoC
12-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Be sure to get a $5 map and also a golf cart route map at the sales center. Study these carefully - there will be a test.

PR1234
12-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Golfcart is good, ONLY if it is a really good one with newer batteries. We rented the last 2 years and got stuck with some real loser carts and would have been stuck without our car. One good thing about it....pushed us into buying a place before we were going to... just so we could have our own cart:)

bronco57
12-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Renting a home in TV the month of January. I have to say I am surprised a shuttle through the differant villages and shopping is not available. We were not going to rent a car but I guess we need to now. Can't imagine using a golf cart to go everywhere. (or is that everyone does)?

Diane,

You can go most any place in TV by golf cart. However, most rentals do not have side covers which is necessary in many January days.