PDA

View Full Version : Help for young family

Tamma49
01-01-2010, 10:05 PM
A family of 4 (children ages 5 and 9) who is starting over here in Florida needs home furnishings. They are looking for donations because money is very tight. If you have any of the following you could donate to them please pm me:

washer
dryer
living room furniture
2 kid's beds
dressers or chest of drawers
kitchen table and chairs
lamps
pots and pans

Thank you.

Tamma49
01-02-2010, 07:22 PM
This young family really needs some help. If you have nothing to donate can you please lead me to churches or organizations that might have furnishings to help this family?

I've looked on freecycle.com but can't find a way to zero in on the Lady Lake/Leesburg area. Craigslist has nothing.

What other avenues can I explore?

njbchbum
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM
here's help with freecycle:
E-mail: LadyLakeFLFreecycle-owner@yahoogroups.com for questions

wish i could offer more but am a snowbird and still up north

Whalen
01-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Sorry but I just gave a lot of things to a charitable yard sale, however I just read an article in the Sun about St Timothy's St. Vincent de Paul Society.
They support a group of local thrift shops and also have a voucher program for those in need.
Hope this helps.

Tamma49
01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks Whalen...I will pass this info on.

Larryandlinda
01-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks Whalen...I will pass this info on.

This site might have some opportunities.
Also a barter for their services might attract some interest
we can help when we arrive later in the spring
L&L

F16 1UB
01-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I heard a similar need about a family that was allegedly offered, free for the taking, a washer & dryer and was given the information to contact the donor and they failed to do so. It's a shame that the donor wasn't contacted in a timely manner because the washer & dryer are allegedly no longer available.

tony
01-08-2010, 03:41 PM
I have removed a number of posts in this thread, pending further review.

Our Helping Hands forum is to seek help for those who need it. If anybody directly knows definitely that a request here is certainly undeserving of our attention, I ask that you contact one of the administrators privately.

Thanks for your understanding.