View Full Version : Men need to be respectable

DimondAngels
06-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Men Please learn a little respect when you see a couple
together and not act like a "dog" if the woman happens to
be beautiful.
This isn't high school anymore!
And for the man who complimented my wife's top right in
front of me this morning at Bradenton pickleball. Not cool! Please grow up.
Kevin

armyguyot1
06-03-2018, 11:29 AM
I was not there but I got over my jealousy of my wife and now feel complimented when a man compliments my wife. That's compliment and not make comments like some ass. Which was it? Was it a true statement or an inappropriate comment.

ureout
06-03-2018, 11:42 AM
be beautiful.
Kevin

I think that should have been taken care of at Bradenton.. not on this forum

Bogie Shooter
06-03-2018, 11:49 AM
be beautiful.
Kevin

How did you respond to him???

ColdNoMore
06-03-2018, 12:08 PM
My wife gets that type of disrespectful and scumbag behavior all of the time, but I don't even bother to get involved anymore as she does an awesome job of very politely (and often unknowing/unrecognized by the guy)...emasculating them. :ho:

MorTech
06-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Similar to Celebrities, a lot of Retirees are like high schoolers with money...and no Principle's Office :)

graciegirl
06-03-2018, 12:17 PM
I don't understand the original post. Was she wearing a beautiful top?

Or did he say something about her bosoms? Is that what you meant?

Topspinmo
06-03-2018, 12:27 PM
With all the high schoolers moving in, What do you expect! :DPersonally know matter where you go there are obnoxious rude people! In most cases it's the boys. I say boys cause they haven't grown up yet.

NotGolfer
06-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Some "boys" have never had good up-bringing! They may have gotten away with rude/crude behavior and it just gets worse with age.

DimondAngels
06-03-2018, 01:30 PM
I just want to make "some" men aware of their need to respect women and not to make unsolicited compliments to married women. Is that too much
to ask? I would never walk up to a strange woman and tell her that she looks sexy in that outfit.
Married couples will start thinking twice about moving to TV if this behavior continues.

My Post
06-03-2018, 01:50 PM
I mean not ALL Villagers swing. Jeez. :D

graciegirl
06-03-2018, 01:52 PM
I mean not ALL Villagers swing. Jeez. :D

This thread is getting strange...…….er.

Barefoot
06-03-2018, 01:57 PM
This thread is getting strange...…….er.Very strange indeed. :shocked:

Madelaine Amee
06-03-2018, 01:59 PM
I just want to make "some" men aware of their need to respect women and not to make unsolicited compliments to married women. Is that too much
to ask? I would never walk up to a strange woman and tell her that she looks sexy in that outfit.
Married couples will start thinking twice about moving to TV if this behavior continues.

I think you should put her in a Burka. She is obviously far too beautiful to be around so many men!!!!!:D

Tweety Bird
06-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Maybe tell your wife to wear Amish garb. Was the guy drooling?

Barefoot
06-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Married couples will start thinking twice about moving to TV if this behavior continues.Just the opposite.
You won't be able to get a court at Bradenton pickle ball courts anymore.
Women are going to be lining up for compliments. :D

manaboutown
06-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Respectable gentlemen are respectful of ladies.

I do not know the circumstances, what verbiage was utilized or its tone, the intent of the utterance or how she took it. What I do know is that physically attractive women get hit on constantly and learn to deal with it. They may not like, but they deal with it. A man married to a looker better get used to that fact of life and accept it or he will be in constant confrontations not only with other men but with his wife, significant other or lady friend. Such experiences just come with the territory. Get over it!

graciegirl
06-03-2018, 03:40 PM

I do not know the circumstances, what verbiage was utilized or its tone, the intent of the utterance or how she took it. What I do know is that physically attractive women get hit on constantly and learn to deal with it. They may not like, but they deal with it. A man married to a looker better get used to that fact of life and accept it or he will be in constant confrontations not only with other men but with his wife, significant other or lady friend. Such experiences just come with the territory. Get over it!

True dat.

My sainted mother said;

It's better to be looked over than overlooked.

Bogie Shooter
06-03-2018, 03:45 PM

You mean this one guy is going to destroy The Villages?
Oh my God....the sky is falling!

Madelaine Amee
06-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Just the opposite.
You won't be able to get a court at Bradenton pickle ball courts anymore.
Women are going to be lining up for compliments. :D

:BigApplause:

CFrance
06-03-2018, 04:36 PM
This thread is getting strange...…….er.

Very strange indeed. :shocked:

Yep, it's all about trust. Otherwise, let it go unless it's bothering your spouse.

rivaridger1
06-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Fantasy, fantasy, fantasy on the part of husbands and the wives. I think we live in " The Villages ". I'd like to think we are generally about thirty years over nonsense of this nature, but evidently not. Someone is paying entirely too much attention to the national press's current fascination with men acting like stags in rut when they were thirty years old. We'd all like to go back, but this is not 1965.

missypie
06-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Do not I repeat do not take your wife out in public in the villages, take her out in an under 55 neighborhood and I promise they won't give her a second look.

Btw, congrats on having a good looking wife. Many widowers would just like to have their wives back home in their loving arms.

dewilson58
06-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Probably more effective to say something to the guy you're not happy with than post on ToTV.

Jus say'n.

When I only get one pickle on my cheeseburger, I talk to the manager of the establishment........not create a new thread.

:throwtomatoes:

Nucky
06-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Look, sure I guess most men & women do. Speak to another women about her looks is a shot against her husband, the talkers wife and the person that your unsolicited compliment may bother. Times they are a changing.

I had a very close friend say to my wife if front of me first time he met her 25 years ago....."When are you expected to get your eyesight back"? Now that was funny and true because we knew what he meant.

High School is over. Respect is the name of the game nowadays. In my particular case Animal Magnetism is the problem. Not good looks. :1rotfl:

EPutnam1863
06-03-2018, 06:43 PM
When people say to my husband that he has a trophy wife, we thank them.

EPutnam1863
06-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Maybe tell your wife to wear Amish garb. Was the guy drooling?

At least Amish women don't have their hair done in clouds.

Marathon Man
06-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Yea. I gotta say that coming on here with that original post seems a little insulting. And, that sort of jealousy seems to me like something out of 1950. Kinda like, "don't cuss in front of my wife".

ColdNoMore
06-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Well OP, I think you have an idea now...where the immature & boorish behavior originates. :ohdear:

Mortal1
06-03-2018, 07:57 PM

very few people will think twice because of that. It is likely not the first time this cad said something, but I'd bet it isn't wide spread. Most people here are considerate...name another place with this level of civility and I'll move there...

Kenswing
06-03-2018, 08:05 PM
There's always three sides to every story. Having not been there it's hard to know exactly what transpired.

That being said, if someone unknown to me or my wife came up and said, you look nice in that top, we would probably just look at him sideways. If he came out and said something like, hey, nice rack. Or you look sexy in that top, we would definitely have words.

I know in NY catcalling is a sport. But I was raised a little different. Women get treated with manners and respect. If I see an attractive woman do I say to myself, "Wow she looks great"? sure I do. But there's no need for me to verbalize that to her or her husband.

But I would never come to a public forum to complain about it. No one can fight your battles but you.

Bogie Shooter
06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Probably more effective to say something to the guy you're not happy with than post on ToTV.

Jus say'n.

When I only get one pickle on my cheeseburger, I talk to the manager of the establishment........not create a new thread.

:throwtomatoes:

:BigApplause:

paulat585
06-04-2018, 07:13 AM

I hope you mean to ALL women (and girls)--not just "married" women.

graciegirl
06-04-2018, 08:38 AM
I remember my perfectly respectable and quite lovely Aunt who used to whisper to me that she enjoyed the occasional wolf whistle.

I understand respect, BUT I think sometimes we as a society have gone to extremes.

I KNOW why stadiums are full of people and why babies are born. Viva la difference.

This guy could have been a cad. If so I apologize to the OP.

A man is going to always "appreciate" a lovely woman or we are indeed in a mess.

A man should never be disrespectful to a woman, strike her or use her good looks against her. A woman should never be disrespectful to a man, strike him or use his good looks against him. People shouldn't USE sex to get what they want unless that is love and traditional happiness.

Good morning. It's a beautiful day in The Villages.

ColdNoMore
06-04-2018, 09:56 AM
I hope you mean to ALL women (and girls)--not just "married" women.

Well needed expansion on subject...and well stated! :thumbup:

manaboutown
06-04-2018, 10:03 AM
From what I have heard from several very attractive women is that their greatest problem is being accepted into groups by other women who do not want "competition".

Are "Trophy Wives" accepted and treated well by other women in TV?