PDA

View Full Version : NY Jets

bluedog103
01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Any Jets fans out there? Great game last night against the Bengals. It'll be interesting next week when these teams meet again.
Are there any places where Jets fans congregate for these games?

Bosoxfan
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Yes ..In New York..Good Luck!! LOL

bluedog103
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Yes ..In New York..Good Luck!! LOL

Figures it would be a N.E. fan who would reply. LOL
I was at the first game between the Jets and the Patriots. Now that was a great game!!! I've been to many, many Jet games but never saw one like that. Who woulda thought the Jets could put a whuppin on the mighty Patriots.
Too bad Welker got hurt yesterday. That pretty much finished up N.E. this year. I was hoping to see another N.E.-N.Y. matchup this year.

ceejay
01-04-2010, 11:07 PM
:clap2:The Jets played an AWESOME game last night...one of the best I've seen this year! I think they may really surprise us in the upcoming play-offs...just like the Giants did a couple of years ago!:clap2:

beartrack
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
YESSSSS, I am proud to say that I am a loyal and long suffering Jet fan. Last night's game was an awesome performance by a struggling but great football team. Number one team in the NFL for rushing and number one defense. Hopefully Sanchez is coming into his own. Blue, last night's game was a great win but, the greatest Jet game ever???? Did you forget the 1969 Super Bowl against the unbeatable Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts?

k2at
01-05-2010, 04:50 AM
That 1969 Jet game was truly the best game ever. I was not able to talk for a week because I was hoarse.

bluedog103
01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
YESSSSS, I am proud to say that I am a loyal and long suffering Jet fan. Last night's game was an awesome performance by a struggling but great football team. Number one team in the NFL for rushing and number one defense. Hopefully Sanchez is coming into his own. Blue, last night's game was a great win but, the greatest Jet game ever???? Did you forget the 1969 Super Bowl against the unbeatable Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts?

Bear you're right, the 1969 Super Bowl was the best. My reference was to the best game I've ever attended, which was the first meeting this year between the Jets and the Patriots. The stadium was rocking like I've never seen it before, even when they used to have the shoot-outs with the Dolphins.
I didn't attend the game Sunday night but it appeared that the energy level was similar to the Patriot game.
In 1969 I wasn't avalilabe to go the Super Bowl or any other game that season. Uncle Sam had given me something else to do.

beartrack
01-05-2010, 10:38 AM
It sure is great to be able to talk to some Jet fans. Sometimes I feel like I made a wrong turn somewhere and wound up in New England surrounded by Patriot and Boston fans. There coming to get me HA-HA, HA-HA. Hey how about a Jet fan club ? There is strength in numbers. GO JETS !!!!!!!

Kelsie52
01-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Long suffering JET fan here ---also suffering --waiting to move to the Villages --later this year we hope ----

Lets hope they can repeat their performance this Saturday ---so I dont have to say "SAME OLD JETS"

Would like one more shot at NE this year ....:cold::cold::MOJE_whot:

beartrack
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Kelsie, I feel your pain.:crap2: :wave::wave:GO JETS

bluedog103
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
It sure is great to be able to talk to some Jet fans. Sometimes I feel like I made a wrong turn somewhere and wound up in New England surrounded by Patriot and Boston fans. There coming to get me HA-HA, HA-HA. Hey how about a Jet fan club ? There is strength in numbers. GO JETS !!!!!!!

Sounds good to me Bear. We're in the process of having a home built in TV. Closing is scheduled for March 4. We'll snowbird for awhile but will be back in TV next season. I was hoping to find some Jets fans. I'd sure hate to be stuck rooting for Tampa Bay or Jacksonville.

grayesun
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey all you deluded Jets fans out there, my lady is a Jets fan also since the days of Willie Joe...she's not a hard core fan like myself when it comes to football like I am with the Pats (been behind them since day 1 & all those miserable years)...but she has taught me to stay behind our division 1st and then the AFC in the big one as she enjoyed watching the Pats win 3 Super Bowls with me...so if the Pats go down and the Jets roll on...count me in as a Jets fan.
SO...

GO PATS...if not, GO JETS

We've been watching the games at Gators Dockside...see you there...if you're real fans! LOL

Bosoxfan
01-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey all you deluded Jets fans out there, my lady is a Jets fan also since the days of Willie Joe...she's not a hard core fan like myself when it comes to football like I am with the Pats (been behind them since day 1 & all those miserable years)...but she has taught me to stay behind our division 1st and then the AFC in the big one as she enjoyed watching the Pats win 3 Super Bowls with me...so if the Pats go down and the Jets roll on...count me in as a Jets fan.
SO...

We've been watching the games at Gators Dockside...see you there...if you're real fans! LOL
Pats first I understand but Jets next..WRONG Where I come from in massachusetts we never root for a team from NEW York!!Stop listening to your lady and come to your senses man!!:1rotfl:

bluedog103
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
SO...

I kind of agree with you. If the Jets aren't there, and we all know rare that happens, I usually root for another division team. The exception was when it was the Giants vs Pats. I think it would have been somehow illegal for a New Yorker to have been rooting for NE in that Superbowl.
Now baseball, that's another story. I KNOW it's illegal for a New Yorker to be a Red Sox fan. We have another name for them, as you probably know. LOL All in good fun, at least for me. Some folks actually get serious about that rivalry. There are hundreds of Boston jokes around here, probably the same ones you have about New York. That's one of the things that make sports great.

Whalen
01-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Any Jets fans out there? Great game last night against the Bengals. It'll be interesting next week when these teams meet again.
Are there any places where Jets fans congregate for these games?

The Beef O'Bradey's in Colony Plaza has a pretty good Jet turnout for games.
Go Jets!

I remember Broadway Joe, still one of my favorites.

:pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:

bquin3
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
It is easy to be a Patriot fan - they win.

It take guts & courage to be a JET Fan but our day will come.

Unfortunately Uncle Sam had me also when they won the super bowl. Hope I don't have to join the Army agin before they win.

JETS - JETS - JETS

Bosoxfan
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
You know why Vermont doesn't have a professional foot ball team?

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Because New York would want one too....LOL!!!

wmchale
01-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to see the Jets knock the Colts out of the play offs

ajbrown
01-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to see the Jets knock the Colts out of the play offs

As a Pats fan, I could go back to an analysis of rooting for the AFC and the best team being in the Super Bowl (if my team cannot).....

Oh who am I kidding, OF COURSE IT WOULD! ;)

I would like to apologize to my future friends from Indy.....:D

bluedog103
01-09-2010, 08:46 AM
You know why Vermont doesn't have a professional foot ball team?

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Because New York would want one too....LOL!!!

What does that mean? You New Englanders sure talk funny!

bluedog103
01-09-2010, 08:49 AM

Unfortunately Uncle Sam had me also when they won the super bowl. Hope I don't have to join the Army agin before they win.

JETS - JETS - JETS

Too bad we Jets fans can't get together for todays game. Oh well, maybe someday.

J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS

bluedog103
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I usually watch the Jets games with my laptop next to me so I can converse with fellow Jets fans on varoius forums. If anyone is watching from home and wants to hook-up via internet just give a shout. We can share a beer and holler for the green and white.

ajbrown
01-09-2010, 10:20 AM

JETS - JETS - JETS

I started going to Pats games when they started building the stadium in Foxboro (1969 maybe?). Saw games played at Boston College with my Dad while we waited for the build. One game the BC stadium caught on fire in stands directly across from us. This probably was a sign that I ignored. Believe me when I tell you I understand what you are saying. How about 1986 (Bears and Mets)? If I can live through that year, I can survive any :)

WIN did not ever enter my mind for a long time.... Many other words did, but not those :)

Good luck to all tomorrow, enjoy the day no matter what!

grayesun
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Pats first I understand but Jets next..WRONG Where I come from in massachusetts we never root for a team from NEW York!!Stop listening to your lady and come to your senses man!!:1rotfl:

Hey bosoxfan man; rooting for the Jets ain't easy for sure - but there's a few reasons I can manage it without getting the dry heaves:

1) The Manginius is gone...the sorry pathetic snitching wanna-be coach that will be dumped by Cleveland pretty quick next season.
2) There is truly only 1 New York football team (as my better half born in Buffalo constantly reminds me) that being the Bills; Jets & Giants are New Joy-zee teams!
3) Curtis Martin re-learned how to run the football while with the Jets; I expect Maroney will soon take the same path.

One caveat to my staying behind the AFC best team all the way to the Super Bowl...I will never ever support Manning & the Colts...period...I'll root for any NFC team over pretty boy clean white shirted Peyton whose never taken a serious lick in his NFL life.

bluedog103
01-09-2010, 07:41 PM
J-E-T-S......Jets! Jets! Jets!!!!!

ceejay
01-10-2010, 07:22 AM
2) There is truly only 1 New York football team (as my better half born in Buffalo constantly reminds me) that being the Bills; Jets & Giants are New Joy-zee teams!

:a040: Let's go Buffalo!! Just had to put that in...there's always next year...or the year after that...or the...Gotta love da Bills!

Let's go Jets!!! One step closer! (my kids would brand me as a traitor and KILL me if they see this post!)

bluedog103
01-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey bosoxfan man; rooting for the Jets ain't easy for sure - but there's a few reasons I can manage it without getting the dry heaves:

1) The Manginius is gone...the sorry pathetic snitching wanna-be coach that will be dumped by Cleveland pretty quick next season.
3) Curtis Martin re-learned how to run the football while with the Jets; I expect Maroney will soon take the same path.

One caveat to my staying behind the AFC best team all the way to the Super Bowl...I will never ever support Manning & the Colts...period...I'll root for any NFC team over pretty boy clean white shirted Peyton whose never taken a serious lick in his NFL life.

I used to think that N.E. still had Mangini on the payroll. He wasn't much of a defensive coordinator for the Pats and certainly wasn't much of a head coach for the Jets. I was surprised the Browns took a chance on him this season.
True, the Bills are the only NY team but for downstaters like me, the Jets present home in the NJ Meadowlands is much more convenient than Shea was. I'm certain that fans from Brooklyn, Queens and L.I. would disagree.
I got a tour of the new stadium a few weeks ago. Wow! Unfortunately it's way too expensive. I was looking at a decent seat in the mezzanine. Not great, just decent. They want $250 per game for the seat and another $7000for the personal seat license. That's right, for two seats it would cost me $19000. The PSL can be paid off over 15 years but they charge 8.5% interest on the unpaid balance. Guess I've been to my last Jets game.