PDA

View Full Version : Golf Course Advice Wanted for 1st time visitors

Elcmax
01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
My wife and I are visiting TV next week (Jan.18, 19, 20, 21). Our understanding is that we are entitled to an 18 hole round at one of TV's championship golf courses as part of our tour package.

I am requesting recommendations as to which golf course I should request a tee time for and the best time of day to do so. My USGA handicap is 10.7

I would also like recommendations as to the executive courses that I should play in our brief time here.

Thank you from a golfaholic!

ajbrown
01-13-2010, 12:59 PM
If the round is free I would go to Palmer Legends. I guess I would go there even if were not free if I had just one round to play.

Executives.... hmmmm, there are many, some of my favorites:

Yankee Clipper and Souther Star (New, These are combined into 18 holes for now. I have not played Southern Star yet, but I like the layout of all the new courses and am looking forward to playing as an 18)
Redfish Run (new)
AmberWood
Bacall

There are many more nice ones, these are just a few of mine.....

What time? In January, if it is my choice I play afternoon. The mornings can be cool ;), but the afternoons are almost always pleasant.

Enjoy!

graciegirl
01-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I agree that Palmer should be your first choice. I like Cane Garden. I choose Pelican for an executive.

golfnut
01-13-2010, 02:29 PM
for championship, palmer, cane, mallory or lopez...for executive, pelican, roosevelt, truman, yankee, sandhill, bonita, redfish, belmont, churchill...ok looks like you are going to need more time here....gn

Pturner
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Careful, they all serve Kool-aid! :024:

golfnut
01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
pt, my favorite is the grape....gn

wmchale
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
pt, my favorite is the grape....gn

No I think cherry is better

anybody else?

Golf-Tinker
01-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Perhaps, they have changed the policy, but normally you are given a tee time at either Palmer or Lopez. Given: not always your choice as to where or when. If you choose to play executive courses, you'll have to pay and ask for an open tee time. I forget whether the cart rental was included.

Enjoy. The courses are in great shape despite the recent frost. The rough that we fight normally is now dormant and the hard ground will give you a hell-of-a- Florida-roll.

PJOHNS2654
01-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Palmer only because it is at least $10.00 more than the others. Good course but not worth the premium. Glenview or Lopez next best. Executive Amberwood.

golfnut
01-13-2010, 06:50 PM
fyi, u can rent a pull cart on the exec courses for $1, i walk most of the time. i'm surprised that lsp doesn't give free executive golf, but then again i'm usually surprised by something pretty much every day...gn...

another Linda
01-13-2010, 09:19 PM
My votes go to the older courses, Hacienda and Glenview. For execs I love Amberwood and Truman. Right now I'll take any of them.

chuckster
01-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Could be wrong but exec. courses would be free as one of the two choices for LSP. Personally I would choose Palmer (the most expensive) and Lopez or Glenview next if you choose 2 championship courses. Note that you can also play and pay priority rates (least expensive) on championship courses when the freebies are gone. Only good for the length of your stay (dates on your card). Have sales make your t-times and request the course you want to play. Been there done that!! Enjoy your visit, you'll love it!!:beer3: