PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State #3 in Preseason Poll.....but....

Rapscallion St Croix
08-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Looks like they might have to do it without Urban Meyer. He has been put on administrative leave.

Ohio State Buckeyes places Urban Meyer on administrative leave (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24258253/ohio-state-buckeyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave)

ColdNoMore
08-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Those who choose to turn a blind eye regarding predators, liars or other such scum, when they can do something about it...should also be held liable.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke

kcrazorbackfan
08-01-2018, 08:32 PM
This “admistrative leave” is a negotiation for his separation.

Oops.....

Rapscallion St Croix
08-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Those who choose to turn a blind eye regarding predators, liars or other such scum, when they can do something about it...should also be held liable.

If the accusations are true, I don't know why Urban Meyer thought he could weather a storm similar to the one that took down Joe Paterno.

My Post
08-02-2018, 01:28 PM
My surprise team is Colorado.

Rapscallion St Croix
08-02-2018, 01:39 PM
My surprise team is Colorado.

Do you mean they will surprise us with a good season or are you talking about the MacIntyre/Tumpkin scandal?

My Post
08-02-2018, 01:44 PM
I think they are going to have a good year and surprise many.

I think MM was fined for the Tumpkin thing or something.

My Post
08-02-2018, 01:47 PM
And who is running OSU in the mean time?

Man Harbaugh has no excuses now. That's a great first weekend game, ND vs Mich. At first I was going to load up on ND.

9 starters back on D, a lot of weapons ready on O...but Shea Patterson makes me nervous. He's the best QB Jim has had since Luck. But will he go into South Bend in his first game and come out with a win? Also despite all his 5 star stuff, the staff at Ole Miss did not love him.

Rapscallion St Croix
08-02-2018, 04:30 PM
On Monday, Bob Evans Restaurants announced a partnership deal with Urban Meyers....today, they put that on the back burner for some reason.

At Bob Evans Restaurants, we believe strongly in the family first values upon which the company was founded. We are suspending the current partnership with Urban Meyer and removing all related content pending the results of the official Ohio State University investigation.

— Bob Evans Farms (@BobEvansFarms)

Shimpy
08-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Facebook says Urban Myer will resign in press conference at 5:45 today.

Rapscallion St Croix
08-02-2018, 04:42 PM

If that happens, the second highest paid public employee in the USA will be out of work.

Dmbluk
08-02-2018, 06:28 PM
OK. Will somebody explain this to me. Don't get me wrong Zack Smith needs to be more than fired. I bet most men on here will agree with me that if that were my daughter me and Zack would have had a "comer to god" meeting back in 2009 the first time this happened. What I don't understand is why she didn't do anything about it then and now 9 years later it is all Urban Myers fault it happened again. No woman needs to be treated like that and I don't understand why she didn't do something instead of trying to ruin Urban Myers career.

ColdNoMore
08-02-2018, 08:56 PM
OK. Will somebody explain this to me. Don't get me wrong Zack Smith needs to be more than fired. I bet most men on here will agree with me that if that were my daughter me and Zack would have had a "comer to god" meeting back in 2009 the first time this happened. What I don't understand is why she didn't do anything about it then and now 9 years later it is all Urban Myers fault it happened again. No woman needs to be treated like that and I don't understand why she didn't do something instead of trying to ruin Urban Myers career.

Yeah, I'm sure that trying to ruin some football coach's career...was the main thing on her mind. :oops:

Here, educate yourself.

Why Domestic Violence Victims Don't Just Leave (Click Here) (http://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/why-bad-looks-good/201804/why-domestic-violence-victims-dont-just-leave)

One consistent factor in cases of domestic violence is that the stated reasons for refusing to leave an abuser are supported by research.

Kahuna32162
08-03-2018, 08:22 AM
Just saying....

My Post
08-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Is it accurate that she never filed a police report?

My Post
08-03-2018, 08:48 AM

Not seeing this anywhere....

Rapscallion St Croix
08-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Just saying....

I was watching that OSU vs Clemson game on television when Woody lost his mind. The thing that stands out to me is that Keith Jackson and his sidekick, Coach Ara Parseghian, never said a word about the incident during the broadcast.

bagboy
08-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Is it accurate that she never filed a police report?

What has been reported is the wife has called 911 nine times over the years with police responding. Not once was there an arrest of either party. Usually on most domestic violence calls, someone goes to jail. It just doesn't sound right.

My Post
08-03-2018, 09:29 AM
What has been reported is the wife has called 911 nine times over the years with police responding. Not once was there an arrest of either party. Usually on most domestic violence calls, someone goes to jail. It just doesn't sound right.

I agree 100%.

Here's another thing.....this guy also had issues at Florida. I mean I realize Urban was running a gang member program at Florida with the Pouncey twins and the crazy nut Hernandez. But the guy was only there BC of who his Grandfather was. Why do coaches stick their necks out for coaches who are abusers?

Its like the Penn State thing too. Sandusky wasn't a particularly good coach and Paterno didn't like him. So why keep him on? I'll tell you why. BC assistant coaches are aware how corrupt programs are, and have dirt on the head coaches. So the head coaches are scared if they fire someone, they will spill the beans. I mean Urban thinks it is worth losing his job to keep F-G Zach Smith on his staff??????? Why?

And what is Shelley responsibility here really? I mean not to absolve her but she is hearing one side of the story. One I believe is true, but still. You should go to the cops or DA. Not to Shelley Urban. What is she going to help you out in between shoe shopping trips?

ColdNoMore
08-04-2018, 06:49 AM

Wrong, Smith WAS arrested in 2009.

Ohio State: Urban Meyer, Zach Smith create more problems (https://sports.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-zach-smith-finally-broke-silence-may-made-things-worse-230219950.html)

Smith, 33, was twice accused by Courtney and once arrested (in 2009) of domestic abuse, and Meyer still had no problem keeping him on the staff. This despite the existence of photos showing injuries and bruises.

In the same link, Meyer NOW admits that he really did know about the 2015 allegation...but passed it on through channels.

Start quickly with Meyer, who in a statement revealed he actually did know about Courtney’s 2015 allegation. He claims he, like always, had “followed proper reporting protocols and procedures.”

This runs completely contrary to his statements last month at Big Ten media day when Meyer claimed he had no knowledge of the 2015 allegation and had never had a conversation about it.

Assaulting a woman is bad enough, but thinking that it shouldn't be anyone else's concern (or not taking action/trying to make excuses for the scumbag)...is even more vile. :mad:

“I believe personal matters, marital matters need to remain personal and between a husband and wife,” Zach said on ESPN in a separate interview.

bagboy
08-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Wrong, Smith WAS arrested in 2009.

Ohio State: Urban Meyer, Zach Smith create more problems (https://sports.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-zach-smith-finally-broke-silence-may-made-things-worse-230219950.html)

In the same link, Meyer NOW admits that he really did know about the 2015 allegation...but passed it on through channels.

Assaulting a woman is bad enough, but thinking that it shouldn't be anyone else's concern (or not taking action/trying to make excuses for the scumbag)...is even more vile. :mad:

Spikearoni
08-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Looks like they might have to do it without Urban Meyer. He has been put on administrative leave.

Ohio State Buckeyes places Urban Meyer on administrative leave (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24258253/ohio-state-buckeyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave)

Hopefully, Ryan Day, who is from our home state of NH, will do a good job replacing Meyer. Ryan is talented and a good husband!

My Post
08-23-2018, 01:00 PM
What a joke. Did anyone happen to watch Finebaum yesterday saying Urban knew that Aaron Hernandez was shooting people while he was at UF????
Wow.
OSU have sold their soul for the ultimate crook.

bagboy
08-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Hard to believe Paul Finebaum wasn't consulted originally, could have saved alot of time and money.

kcrazorbackfan
08-23-2018, 08:27 PM
That 3 game suspension is a slap in the face to all abused women; 3 games is bullish!t, that penalty was a slap on the wrist; he should have been fired. And I would be saying the same thing even if it was the Arkansas coach.

Karma will rear its ugly head on Ohio State and Urban Meyer. Their time is coming. 😡😡😡😡

ColdNoMore
08-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Woody Hayes, now Urban Meyer.

Ohio State seems to have more despicable, thug coaches...than a lot of other teams have players in the same category.

rjn5656
08-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Big business has won. That is what college football is.

Shimpy
08-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Most saw this slap on the wrist coming. I imagine they reviewed his contract and found they would have to pay him too much to fire him and then hire another high profile coach.
Gives me another reason to hate the Buckeyes.

ColdNoMore
08-24-2018, 05:22 PM
And the beat goes on.

Ohio State's culture of cover-up helped save Urban Meyer's job. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-states-culture-cover-helped-save-urban-meyers-job-190356145.html)

Minutes later, Meyer met with football staffer Brian Voltolini. Their first inclination, per the school’s investigation, was to figure out how to delete text messages from Meyer’s phone.

Bucco
08-24-2018, 06:44 PM
And the beat goes on.

Ohio State's culture of cover-up helped save Urban Meyer's job. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-states-culture-cover-helped-save-urban-meyers-job-190356145.html)

Just a few comments...

...heard the press conference described as looking like a hostage video.

....Also told that the reason the meeting took so long was that Meyer refused to accept the suspension. Not sure what prompted his acceptance finally, but been told the time spent was because of that. It would explain his attitude.

....Meyer knew most of what was happening at Florida during his tenure, and while I am told he does have some health issues, they were blown out of proportion. (Maybe his "memory" problems, which are becoming a national plague, was another use of his health.

It is not just OSU. Good coaches demand and get tons of money. Football programs supply so much of a university's budget, they get lots of leadway.

He lied to start this, and lying will never ever pay off.

ColdNoMore
08-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Just a few comments...

...heard the press conference described as looking like a hostage video.

....Also told that the reason the meeting took so long was that Meyer refused to accept the suspension. Not sure what prompted his acceptance finally, but been told the time spent was because of that. It would explain his attitude.

....Meyer knew most of what was happening at Florida during his tenure, and while I am told he does have some health issues, they were blown out of proportion. (Maybe his "memory" problems, which are becoming a national plague, was another use of his health.

It is not just OSU. Good coaches demand and get tons of money. Football programs supply so much of a university's budget, they get lots of leadway.

He lied to start this, and lying will never ever pay off.

With enough gullible people, or those who just don't care if liars lie, it can work for a short period...but it usually will eventually catch up with them and justice is served.

Bucco
08-24-2018, 07:34 PM
With enough gullible people, or those who just don't care if liars lie, it can work for a short period...but it usually will eventually catch up with them and justice is served.

I think LIARS always get caught, mostly in trying to cover the lie(s).

Meyer is a good football coach, but not a nice human being.

Not sure if I am correct but did he ever jump up to protect Shelly, his wife who was dragged in.

His tweet apology today was well short and very late.

Meyer has been pampered and told how wonderful he is (not that strange with a successful coach at his level) that be believes everything should resolve around him, and it appeared obvious to me, that attitude at the Presser.

Liars do pay, always.....perhaps not quickly, and perhaps not to the degree they should, but problem with liars, like Meyer, it appears, only those who around him feel any remorse. Usually the liar only will suffer if it is about HIM.

He is a good coach, but this will follow him forever, and this year, the signs on the pregame who's will need censoring.

Shame...the asst did the deed, but calling "covering up" to be "loyalty" is a huge huge mistake.

kcrazorbackfan
08-25-2018, 03:37 PM
How many fans of Ohio State fans on TOTV and in The Villages? Thousands? And not one peep out of them regarding all the cover ups by their lying coach, is there?

Karma will happen...….

ColdNoMore
08-25-2018, 03:48 PM
How many fans of Ohio State fans on TOTV and in The Villages? Thousands? And not one peep out of them regarding all the cover ups by their lying coach, is there?
Not new, nor surprising...in the least.

It's simply a microcosm of what's currently occurring...on a much larger scale.

Karma will happen...….

One can only hope.

bagboy
08-25-2018, 05:02 PM

Karma will happen...….

GoodLife
08-25-2018, 06:16 PM
Ok, everyone on this thread that has never lied about anything raise their hands, :popcorn:

kcrazorbackfan
08-25-2018, 06:39 PM
Ok, everyone on this thread that has never lied about anything raise their hands, :popcorn:

Most people will not lie about someone they know beating their spouse, a child, the elderly or a pet...…..

BTW, are you an Ohio State fan(atic)?

GoodLife
08-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Most people will not lie about someone they know beating their spouse, a child, the elderly or a pet...…..

BTW, are you an Ohio State fan(atic)?

Actually no, I am a proud Bruin, and your allegations against Coach Meyer are not supported by the investigation.

Investigators: Urban Meyer did not '''deliberately lie''' (https://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-states-investigation-couldnt-conclude-urban-meyer-deliberately-lied-big-ten-media-days-022653704.html)

bilcon
08-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Are they going to take away all the wins for Ohio State, erase any trace of Urban from the campus and forbid the team from post season play?
I don't think soooooo!