PDA

View Full Version : Tanking

rshoffer
01-22-2010, 04:21 PM
E-gads... The market tanked again today!

Larryandlinda
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
E-gads... The market tanked again today!

Ouch.:ohdear:
Not one green in the entire stack.
Even Warren's B hit the skids, just a day after splitting 50-to-one!!

Maybe we will invest in a few bridges.:icon_wink:

L&L

golf2140
01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
I wish Obama would stop saying he'll fix the banking industry. It seems that when he's involved it hits the skids.

ejp52
01-22-2010, 09:34 PM
I wish Obama would stop saying he'll fix the banking industry. It seems that when he's involved it hits the skids.
Exatly,everytime he opens his mouth the market drops.:censored:

golfnut
01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
how much is the market up over one year ago today....gn

Larryandlinda
01-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Exatly,everytime he opens his mouth the market drops.:censored:

Not sure what charts you have, but the ones on our screen did the majority of their skydiving long before the "Wizard of O" took to the throne.

Besides, who still thinks that one guy, even with a room of cronies, averaging mid-to-low six-figure incomes (OK, a few perks) are going to have more 'control' over our markets, our finances, even the whole country?

Puh-leeze.

Eight-figure cats pulling down seven figure bonuses, even board members getting 'mid-fives' for attending each of 6-8 meetings a year.

This info is not speculation, it's public fact.

If you're a shareholder you can moan all you want about 'dem political folk' but as a shareholder it's 'you, too'.

Could it also be panicking public, short sellers, speculative investors, insider scandals?

Do the math and the homework, but no matter on what side of the room you chose to sit, it just doesn't seem like the fattest cats are going to let a salaried, non-bonused government employee push their quadrillions around.

We do hope the charts turn around on wall street and main street where we still have two brick-and-mortar mom-and-pop businesses with which we've ridden the chutes and ladders over the past several decades.

L&L

champion6
01-22-2010, 11:26 PM
how much is the market up over one year ago today....gnExactly... I'm OK with it!

memason
01-23-2010, 02:07 AM
My portfolio is based on "Buy Low, Sell High"

It's time to Buy! Buy !! Buy !!!