PDA

View Full Version : That Old Cape Magic

another Linda
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
We have this great author lecture series in Syracuse and Richard Russo is coming in March. I just got his new book -- That Old Cape Magic -- from the library. I'll start it tonight (if I don't fall asleep.) Has anyone read this or anything else by him?

Pturner
02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi Linda,
My dad's an amateur magician. He performs at hospitals and other benefits. He'd probably love it. I'm anxious to hear what others who have read it thought. This might be a good idea for a gift for him! Thanks.

another Linda
02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Linda,
My dad's an amateur magician. He performs at hospitals and other benefits. He'd probably love it. I'm anxious to hear what others who have read it thought. This might be a good idea for a gift for him! Thanks.
Oops! Cape refers to Cape Cod and I assume the magic is the feeling people get going there. I'll let you know. I'm not familiar with Russo so I can't say for sure, but don't buy it for your father yet!

Pturner
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Oops! Cape refers to Cape Cod and I assume the magic is the feeling people get going there. I'll let you know. I'm not familiar with Russo so I can't say for sure, but don't buy it for your father yet!

:oops:

sunflower3630
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I read the book a couple months ago, and it was ok. I was a little disappointed after reading some good reviews. But, you gotta love this life! It would be a very boring world if we all agreed on everything! I truly hope you enjoy it! :read: