PDA

View Full Version : Three Year Old Battery Deterioration

RayB
02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
I have noticed a speed slow down on my 2007 Club Car and the yellow light comes on on trips I used to take without any noticeable slow down. The lights also dim when I slow down. I have a four year warranty on batteries but I suspect I have exceeded the 16000 unit limit on the four year warranty. A hydrometer check of the 4 12 volt batteries gave me the following readings: Battery one, 1 cell at 75% charge, 2 cells at 25% charge, all others at 100% charge; Battery two, all cells at 100% charge; battery three, 1 cell at 75% charge and all others at 100%; Battery four, 1 cell at 75% all others at 100% charge.

Can I just replace battery one without having to spend the money for a complete new set of batteries? Should I continue using cart as is until it becomes apparent I can no longer get home from my longer trips? When I do replace all four batteries should I replace with 4 12 volt batteries or replace with 6 8 volt batteries?

RayB
02-20-2010, 09:47 PM
My written warranty indicates, ".... four years or 16,000 energy units as recorded by the On board computer" I will check with my dealer to see if warranty is still valid and what they can do about the poor performance. What do you think about just replacing the one battery which has two cells at 25% charge?