PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to The Tampa Airport (who not to use)

Oldskiboat
10-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Transportation to The Tampa Airport (Who not to use)
Hi neighbors, 6 of us in Sanibel just got quite a shock. We contracted Airport Direct Transportation Services LLC to take us from The Villages to the Tampa airport and after out trip back from the Tampa airport to our homes in The Villages. All went well until we got to the first stop back home and the driver, who was the owner of the company, got down right angry about his tip. We paid a contracted price for the complete trip and this guy was complaining about the tip we gave him, and I mean complaining. We normally give our Villages shuttle to Orlando a $5 to $10 tip each way and that was not enough for this guy. I strongly suggest not hiring this company for transportation to the Tampa airport or for that matter any where.

staceygolf
10-25-2018, 05:53 AM
Appreciate the feedback on this. I am flying out of Tampa at Christmas and was going to start researching who to use. Will eliminate this one!
Who has a positive recommendation for TV to Tampa Airport?

PWPOTE2000
10-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Creative Concierge is the best. Great service. Pick up at your home. Good drivers

Two Bills
10-25-2018, 07:53 AM
I do not know the form in USA regarding some of the tipping No-No's, but I would never tip the owner of a business in the first place.
I only tip staff, about 20% if satisfied with service.
If I had been on that journey, and was a later drop off, he would have got nothing anyway, just for being a jerk.

HogPilot
10-25-2018, 06:42 PM
I appreciate your sharing the experience about this company.

FLSun
10-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Compare to pricing of a one way car rental.

Chi-Town
10-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Transportation to The Tampa Airport (Who not to use)
Hi neighbors, 6 of us in Sanibel just got quite a shock. We contracted Airport Direct Transportation Services LLC to take us from The Villages to the Tampa airport and after out trip back from the Tampa airport to our homes in The Villages. All went well until we got to the first stop back home and the driver, who was the owner of the company, got down right angry about his tip. We paid a contracted price for the complete trip and this guy was complaining about the tip we gave him, and I mean complaining. We normally give our Villages shuttle to Orlando a $5 to $10 tip each way and that was not enough for this guy. I strongly suggest not hiring this company for transportation to the Tampa airport or for that matter any where.Did six people give a combined tip of $5 to $10? Was there luggage?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

retiredguy123
10-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Anyone who works for tips should understand that tipping is voluntary. They should never complain about what they receive for a tip. If they don't like it, get another job.

staceygolf
10-26-2018, 05:26 AM
Thanks!

ColdNoMore
10-26-2018, 05:42 AM
Did six people give a combined tip of $5 to $10? Was there luggage?

Good questions.

I'm also wondering if the driver is also the owner of the company?

If he isn't, did the OP call the owner to register their complaint...about the driver's attitude? If so, what was the owner's comment(s)/attitude?

No mention was made in the post on the tip and attitude of the driver (same one?) on the initial trip down to Tampa, so I can't help but wonder what is..."the rest of the story?" :shrug: