PDA

View Full Version : AOL Users & Mapquest

F16 1UB
02-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Any AOL users tried accessing Mapquest recently? I can access it w/o problems on Internet Explorer but if I select Mapquest on AOL, click on maps or directions, sits there. :Screen_of_Death:

golf2140
02-21-2010, 01:03 PM
F-16,

Did a quick route, zip code to zip code and it worked fine on AOL. My AOL has been a little crazy lately.

Walt.
02-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Any AOL users tried accessing Mapquest recently? I can access it w/o problems on Internet Explorer but if I select Mapquest on AOL, click on maps or directions, sits there. :Screen_of_Death:

Hi,
I just gave it a try on AOL and it worked ok.
Walt.

F16 1UB
02-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Rickin Rackin Frickin Frackin Ranna Cravitz POS. I can access about anything even TOTV but no Mapquest thru AOL. No problem gettin it on I-net Explorer. I even d/loaded AOL 9.5 again. Nope. Aint happenin. :shrug:

Hawkwind
02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
What are you getting when you try to bring up an address in mapquest? If you get the mapquest screen on your display but the actual map does not display in the window or you get a red X in the map window then you have an issue with a trusted site. This is normally not a problem found on open sites such as AOL but found in companies that want to block access to sites.

Have you increased your security levels on your computer or added a firewall or even made any changes to your computer recently? Look there first.

Mapquest has a link to another source to provide the actual map that you see on the screen and this link must be trusted to see the map. This is very rare for home users to have a problem with but was a common for the company I use to work for. This is the reason I asked about any security changes on your home system.

F16 1UB
02-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I just went on Mapquest like I normally "used" to do and it works. I have no idea what, why, where, .... you get my drift. Anyway it's working fine.

JohnN
03-02-2010, 10:22 AM
F16 - back in the IT world, we used to call this a "user issue" LOLOL
glad it works fine now