PDA

View Full Version : Pine straw mulch

shazam
02-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I know this sounds weird cuz most folks are trying to replace theirs, but I'm searching for a place who sells those pine straw bundles. I need several to temporarily cover my grounds til I come up with a landscape plan. Anyone had experience with any local companies? Wondering what the cost is, who delivers, etc.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanx

redwitch
02-22-2010, 05:41 PM
It's usually $5.00/bundle, not delivered. I wish I could remember the name of the nursey but it seems to have gone from my memory. Anyway, it is a nursery in Wildwood and I'm sure you can find the number and address.

On occasion, Lowe's and Home Depot have some, too.

Sorry, don't know of anyone who delivers unless they are putting it down for you. If you want that, I suggest you call Rupert Cross (406-8814). He and his crew are good and reasonable.

graciegirl
02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
There is a small nursery just east of Colony Plaza, also on the left side on 466A. I THINK they had pine straw.

We toted a few bundles last year, our first year here and then we discovered pine bark chip mulch at Walmart on 466 (not the other one). It biodegrades, is friendly to flowers and doesn't get HOT like rocks. I like the look of it and I spread it all myself.:MOJE_whot:

downeaster
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
I know this sounds weird cuz most folks are trying to replace theirs, but I'm searching for a place who sells those pine straw bundles. I need several to temporarily cover my grounds til I come up with a landscape plan. Anyone had experience with any local companies? Wondering what the cost is, who delivers, etc.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanx

We pick ours up at Dirt Cheap on 27/441 north of The Villages.