PDA

View Full Version : Site is SLOW

villagetinker
12-15-2018, 12:53 PM
I am getting very tired of having to wait 10 to 15 seconds for pages to load, this appears to be due to long scripts from advertising. It seems every time I click on a new thread, etc., I have to wait 10 to 15 seconds before I get the results.

Two Bills
12-15-2018, 01:44 PM
I am getting very tired of having to wait 10 to 15 seconds for pages to load, this appears to be due to long scripts from advertising. It seems every time I click on a new thread, etc., I have to wait 10 to 15 seconds before I get the results.

I use AdBlock and never see an advert, and have no loading problems.
I know sites need to generate income from advertisers, and where sites maintain a reasonable loading speed, I will turn it off.
I keep it on for this site, as the add loading time detracts from navigation.

Bogie Shooter
12-15-2018, 01:47 PM
I am not waiting, Xfinity.

Two Bills
12-15-2018, 01:56 PM
I should have said in previous post, we use Xfinity as well.

villagetinker
12-15-2018, 02:39 PM
So do I, currently using IE11, but will start try other browsers.

tuccillo
12-15-2018, 02:48 PM
Pages are loading very fast with Safari - under a second.

ColdNoMore
12-15-2018, 02:51 PM

Firefox with Adblock Plus here...instant loading (without ads).

billethkid
12-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Recently I switched browers from Mozilla Firefox to Chrome.
Just had all my favorites exported to Chrome.
Transition was easy. Eliminated many unwanted pop ups and phishers/scammers and phony web threats.

John_W
12-15-2018, 04:17 PM
I switched from Firefox to Google Chrome about five years ago. Very convenient, when I bought a new computer and logged in, my browser, bookmarks and all the other details popped up. Bought a chrome book for my wife, logged in, and everything came up just like our main computer. I also use Adblock and Popup Blocker, I haven't seen an ad in years on this site. I only have 10 mpbs with Century Link and it works fine.

Google Chrome Web Browser (https://www.google.com/chrome/)

Ad-Blocker Pro - Chrome Web Store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ad-blocker-pro/fenfpfipldcdebkpiboonlpnoklcnepg?hl=en-US)

Pop up blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker - Chrome Web Store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pop-up-blocker-for-chrome/bkkbcggnhapdmkeljlodobbkopceiche?hl=en)

seoulbrooks
12-15-2018, 06:11 PM
Using Edge, much faster than IE 11......no problems with pages loading.

villagetinker
12-15-2018, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all of the info, will try Edge, I do not trust Google and Chrome.

Polar Bear
12-15-2018, 11:53 PM
...I do not trust Google and Chrome.
Can’t help but wonder why you say that. You have to be careful with any browser. I’ve been a very satisfied Chrome user for years.

And yes, I’ve tried all the major players.