PDA

View Full Version : Anvil Anyone?

Allen
03-16-2010, 10:05 AM
The Tomberlin Anvil is surely a sharp looking vehicle. See it here if you have not already done so:

http://www.tomberlinusatv.com/anvil.php

Anyone have one? If so, how do you like it? If you don't have one, but know the "scoop" please comment as well.

I called the company a few weeks ago to ask if it had roll up windows... unfortunately it does not. :grumpy:

I’m assuming it would not be allowed on the course, but I like the "enclosure" and wish they made a golf course compatable version (with roll up windows in the doors!). :D

I also know I can put a Curtis Cab on a Club Car, E-Z-Go or Yamaha as an alternative and that Tomberlin does make a true golf cart, but the body style of the Anvil (with the doors which create an enclosure of sorts) is an attractive feature.

Finally, the website is a bit confusing regarding the range (who da thunk it)… they quote the range as over 40 and over 50 miles on the same page. So, comments regarding any “real world” experience with this vehicle are more than welcome.

2-crazy
07-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Allen, Tomberlin had production problems with the Anvil and suspended it for 11 months. They say they are back in production but the Anvil is hard to find. The shop in Wildwood is no long affiliated with Tomberlin and so far no information from the Villages Golf car store. I am also interested in the Anvil but find there is a lack of information about dealers or production information from the company. The range is about 40 miles on a full charge and maybe 50 with solar panels on the roof. Current speed is 25-30 mph but not used on the courses, to wide and heavy-2000 lbs. for the courses. I am still on the hunt....

Villageshooter
07-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Allen, Tomberlin had production problems with the Anvil and suspended it for 11 months. They say they are back in production but the Anvil is hard to find. The shop in Wildwood is no long affiliated with Tomberlin and so far no information from the Villages Golf car store. I am also interested in the Anvil but find there is a lack of information about dealers or production information from the company. The range is about 40 miles on a full charge and maybe 50 with solar panels on the roof. Current speed is 25-30 mph but not used on the courses, to wide and heavy-2000 lbs. for the courses. I am still on the hunt....
would this have to be a street legal cart? what is the cost? Tomberlin seems to be fading away,, are there problems?

2-crazy
07-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Yes, this is street legal and the cost (if you can find one) are around $16k. There does seem to be problems with some dealers and Ron, at Southern Golf Cars would possibly know more in that area. I think it is an innovative approach to short runs around the Villages but my concerns are in repairs of the vehicle. These are more complex than the basic golf cart and if there are not a lot in production, mechanics have not seen many so don’t know how to fix them. Tomberlin is doing quite well with the other lines of carts.