PDA

View Full Version : Honest answers only...

Yoda
03-16-2010, 09:43 PM
What is the furthest range that you trust your ELECTRIC golf cart?

Have you ever run out of juice?

Yoda

Barefoot
03-16-2010, 09:49 PM
What is the furthest range that you trust your ELECTRIC golf cart?

Have you ever run out of juice? Yoda

60 Miles
Columbia Par Car
It never disappoints

The Great Fumar
03-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Nine Miles .......I only use it to go pull Barefoots cart home.....

fumar on a rope ...:plane:

bkcunningham1
03-17-2010, 05:34 AM
How do you keep track of your mileage? I know Fumar measures by drinks. Plus I bet he's kept on a short rope. Seriously, is there a charge meter or odometer?

Barefoot
03-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Nine Miles .......I only use it to go pull Barefoots cart home..... fumar on a rope ...:plane:

I see that the Admins have added an icon to be used specifically for responses to Fumar's posts.

:boom::boom::boom:

And speaking of icons, how come Fumar gets an airplane :plane: and the pet lovers still don't get a dog icon?

Apologies to Topicop :police: for being off topic.

villages07
03-17-2010, 05:52 AM
I have a speedometer/odometer on my 03 Club Car and replaced the batteries last September.

I trust it with no question to 30 miles; feel confident it could do 40 miles; wouldn't consider any further than that.

I have a bigger problem picking up nails/flat tires than worrying about running out of juice. I recently signed up with the **** Aide crew...having witnessed them in action to pick up a disabled cart within 15 minutes of an accident.

My better half has an 02 club car with batteries approaching 3 years old. He has a couple of questionable cells on one battery and his range right now is about 20 miles.

ajbrown
03-17-2010, 06:35 AM
My two carts have 8-6v battery sets and I know I can take them 40 miles without discharging them too fully. I have taken one of them 53+ miles in a test and the SOC was approaching about 50% discharge. I do not want to be in a cart for 53 miles again :loco:

40 miles is quite an unusual day for me:
Mallory to Lopez (8.5)
Golf (4-5 depending on how I hit it :))
Home (8.5)
To Spanish Springs (5.5)
Home from Spanish (5.5)
Round trip to China Gourmet for takeout (5.0)

I have never run out of juice <knocking on wood>. I have broken down for other reasons, but not yet for no volts ;)

elevatorman
03-17-2010, 06:53 AM
I have never run out of juice in the 9 mo I have owned an EZ GO. I just drive and I guess the max I have gone is about 40 miles. The guy at the cart shop hooked his computer up once and said I had a trip of 67 miles. I may have but I don't remember when it would have been. I have played exec. golf and gone to the square and forgot to charge up that night then gone for another round of exec. golf the next day. I did not have a concern. I still had plenty of power left when I get home.

RichieLion
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
It's pretty simple to judge miles and speed in your golf cart if you have a portable GPS. You can also have a bicycle speedometer/odometer installed permanently to the cart.

zcaveman
03-17-2010, 09:49 AM
I have an EZGO with the 4X12 batteries. I have never gone more than 30 miles in it but the indicator still showed a 3/4 charge. Based on that I would say I would feel safe at the 40 mile range.

tpop1
03-17-2010, 10:56 AM
How do you keep track of your mileage?

Here is a link to a great Web Site I use to track distances for biking, walking, and cart cruising! http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/

Just:

Enter Zip Code,
Zoom in to where you can see street names,
Hold left mouse button down to move the map to desired start location,
Click and release the left mouse button at the desired start point,
Click and release the left mouse button at points along the route,
Keep clicking along the route til end, and
Click on Undo for any segment you want to erase.

It seems to be very accurate.
_

champion6
03-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Way cool. Thanks!
:coolsmiley: