PDA

View Full Version : The Am. Lung Association

Patty
04-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I had heard recently that the Lung Association was having the annual golf cart parade/fundraiser but hadn't received any details about it. Does anyone have additional information about this year's event?
Are they going to form walking teams again?

If so, I'm interested to put together a team to walk in it like last year.

Patty:wave:

swrinfla
04-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Patty:

Thanks for asking. The event, titled as in subject, will be held on the grounds of Hope Lutheran Church and its neighbor, Fairways Christian Church on Saturday 8 May 2010.

Registration to walk or ride in your golf cart begins at 9am, the walking/riding at 10am. Golf carts will go first, so that they don't run over the walkers :a040:

Villages Twirlers, Sweet & Sassy Line Dancers, Cheerleaders, among other entertainment will help us have a good time.

The walk will be just about a mile, but there's no reason not to keep on going, of course. You could probably stay until either church has evening services! :)

There's no charge to walk/ride, but generous donations to The American Lung Association will, of course, be welcomed. I've heard that there may be some incentives for your donations, such as coupons from our favorite ice cream parlor!

I'm hoping that folks in this forum will form a team and walk/ride with us. I'll greet them in both my capacity as a Senior Member of TOTV and as Vice President of the Villages Airheads Support Group.

SWR
:beer3:

Patty
05-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks SWR for your info.
I will definitely be there and walking for a great cause
Anyone interested to join me?

Patty