PDA

View Full Version : Ball washers

chenault55
04-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Why on earth do most of our golf courses champion and executive not keep water in the ball washers unless it rains then you get some stink water. It’s a little frustrating when your ball is dirty. Surely someone is assigned to take care of this on a daily basis and held responsible when it’s not done. Such a small thing that helps make a round of golf more pleasant.

Chi-Town
04-15-2019, 11:55 AM
I never seem to keep a ball long enough to use a ball washer. I will check it out next time on a new ball.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JoMar
04-15-2019, 12:03 PM
I have a wet towel on the bag, cleans ball and clubs.

Bogie Shooter
04-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Why on earth do most of our golf courses champion and executive not keep water in the ball washers unless it rains then you get some stink water. It’s a little frustrating when your ball is dirty. Surely someone is assigned to take care of this on a daily basis and held responsible when it’s not done. Such a small thing that helps make a round of golf more pleasant.

Who have you contacted that can actually do something about it?

vintageogauge
04-15-2019, 02:31 PM
The Loblolly course has water in the washers.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr
04-15-2019, 03:47 PM
Why should golf courses have to provide ball washers? I carry a large towel. I wet one end and keep the other end dry. I use the wet end to clean my ball and clubs and the dry end to dry my hands. I don't understand people that don't carry a towel and think they need a ball washer. The most important place to clean your ball is on the green. When you hit a shot into a green, it make a ball mark and usually picks up some dirt. Sometimes when you chip or putt, the ball will pick up some grass clippings so it needs to be cleaned. The idea of having ball washers on the tees is absurd.

Get a towel and be responsible for keeping your ball clean.

DonH57
04-15-2019, 03:57 PM
Never understand why people try and use them. They're dry most of the time and they hurt.

davefin
04-16-2019, 10:55 AM
I have NEVER found the ball washers to NOT have water in them when I used them.

photo1902
04-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Why should golf courses have to provide ball washers? I carry a large towel. I wet one end and keep the other end dry. I use the wet end to clean my ball and clubs and the dry end to dry my hands. I don't understand people that don't carry a towel and think they need a ball washer. The most important place to clean your ball is on the green. When you hit a shot into a green, it make a ball mark and usually picks up some dirt. Sometimes when you chip or putt, the ball will pick up some grass clippings so it needs to be cleaned. The idea of having ball washers on the tees is absurd.

Get a towel and be responsible for keeping your ball clean.

Then why do they go to the time and expense of installing them, if water won't be resupplied? It would be the same as going to refill your sand bottle, and the sand box is empty.

Two Bills
04-16-2019, 11:59 AM
It's the same with the rakes in the sand traps. I sometimes have to walk several yards to get one!:icon_wink:

golf2140
04-16-2019, 01:14 PM
We all carry water and there are water towers every couple of holes. While at the tee-box add some water.

bagboy
04-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Never understand why people try and use them. They're dry most of the time and they hurt.

And... some guy fell off of one recently. Injuries weren't disclosed.

DonH57
04-16-2019, 04:01 PM
And... some guy fell off of one recently. Injuries weren't disclosed.

Just thinking about that is painful. On an unrelated subject I just read about a golf course threatening to kick members out for not taking out the bunkers. Shame it would come to that.

rjn5656
04-17-2019, 06:37 AM
At least you use the rake. Most people here don't.

justjim
04-17-2019, 06:56 AM
Filling the ball washers with water is that the job of the ambassador, if not who? I see the Ambassadors filling divots sometimes on tee boxes. Just asking... Serious golfers usually do carry a towel for the purpose of cleaning their ball. Perhaps more ball washers could slow up play as I’ve seen golfers clean a half dozen old balls they found while “Hawking” especially on executive courses. Of course, probably the same who never went to good golf school.